Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Apr 2023, 20:32 (Ref:4151875)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How on Earth do I watch an IMSA race?

How do you do it? It comes up every race - let's help other 10-10thers out.

I'll go:

IMSA TV / Radio Le Mans
  • Location: Global, but only markets that don't have exclusive TV (e.g. not USA). Good examples are Italy and France.
  • Live
  • Quality is good.
  • No adverts
  • Commentators: John Hindhaugh, Jeremy Shaw and Shea Adams.
  • oh and whoever they have on for a massive interview when something important is happening
  • links:
    https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/ - also shows the support races
    mirrored on http://www.radiolemans.co/ (possibly this link: http://imsaradio.com/index.php/live-video/)
  • Replay put up on youtube - normally a few says later

NBC/Peacock
  • Live: Peacock shows the entire race, NBC often only partially depending what else is being shown (not too sure how much and on what channels they show0
  • Replay: Peacock show it. Posted relatively quickly. Not sure how quick, but last night's Long Beach race was ready the following morning - I guess it was quicker than this - they normally take an hour or two with their rugby coverage.
  • Commentary: Yes, although expect special features on Jimmie Johnson skiing ten minutes into the race when things are happening.
  • Commercials: Very much yes.
  • Overall it will make you throw your model Porsche 917 into the TV. Try everything you can to not watch it this way.

IMSA youtube channel
Anything to add or correct?

If you'd like the same for WEC races see the very informative thread here.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4151880)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And of course, we can include timing...
Old 16 Apr 2023, 22:13 (Ref:4151897)   #3
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I go with Peacock (the cheap version). The visual coverage is pretty good. Commentary...it comes along with the sounds of the cars...
Old 16 Apr 2023, 23:28 (Ref:4151908)   #4
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
At least for long beach, imsa qualifying was streamed on imsa.tv in the States with hindaugh and shaw. Zero commercials and decen quality. Peacock imsa race included commericals. Not all race broadcasts do though. I haven't found a rhyme or reason why though. If it's a long enough race or I have enough free time to watch the whole race, I'll sync radio Le mans 2 and the peacock visuals. Lessens the blow of adverts.

As mentioned in the wec thread, I generally don't fret over how I'm going to watch an IMSA race. I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is and pay for a service that carries a product I want to watch.

Peacock bonuses - The (US) Office, Brooklyn 99, Parks and rec, 30 Rock, SNL, and MLB.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 23:31 (Ref:4151910)   #5
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And Cocaine Bear premiered on it this weekend so there's that too
Old 17 Apr 2023, 00:05 (Ref:4151916)   #6
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I saw that slide and I chuckled at the thought. Good show or just another meh marathon?
Old 17 Apr 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4151927)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
B movie in all its B movie glory. It's reported as bad but gloriously so and absurd. It's on my list to watch soon
Old 17 Apr 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4151947)   #8
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Added stuff:
Ad blockers in Chrome often break the IMSA TV stream. Disable them if you get no video.
The app is more reliable than the website.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4151948)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Viaplay Extra (which available on Sky and Virgin in the UK) are also carrying live coverage of the race this year (They are taking the IMSA TV feed so you get to listen Hindy, Jeremy and Shea)
Old 17 Apr 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4151980)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Added stuff:
Ad blockers in Chrome often break the IMSA TV stream. Disable them if you get no video.
The app is more reliable than the website.
That is good point about the adblocker. Gets me every time.

I find the website very good. I use that all he time. Although the actual website is rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Viaplay Extra (which available on Sky and Virgin in the UK) are also carrying live coverage of the race this year (They are taking the IMSA TV feed so you get to listen Hindy, Jeremy and Shea)
So I guess that means no adverts as well?
Old 17 Apr 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4151992)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
So I guess that means no adverts as well?
Nope there are ads so I switched to the IMSA TV through the TV
Old 18 Apr 2023, 00:46 (Ref:4152055)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ah, shame. I think we chatted about this in the Sebring thread. At least there was a good solution. IIRC, I don’t think that same thing can be said for some of the Scandinavian markets. IMSA TV isn’t available now they have an official broadcaster.
Old 20 Apr 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4152303)   #13
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
I usually seek out a hack stream of the IMSA international feed to skirt past the less than stellar domestic tv commentary and ad breaks. Don't even need a VPN!
Old 20 Apr 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4152309)   #14
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
That sounds like the 'Scott Pruett, Hi to my family at home' feeds that would show up...

The Best, just The Best.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 00:01 (Ref:4153430)   #15
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Does IMSA stream their free practice sessions? And are they available afterwards?
Old 29 Apr 2023, 02:18 (Ref:4153440)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Does IMSA stream their free practice sessions? And are they available afterwards?
Perhaps depends on the race. From my recollection of Petits past, the cameras aren't always manned for early practice sessions.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 13:42 (Ref:4153544)   #17
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Perhaps depends on the race. From my recollection of Petits past, the cameras aren't always manned for early practice sessions.
Yep, no coverage of practice laps at the Petit. Not even on the big screens on site as I recall.
Old 14 May 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4155991)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What about Live Timing?

Official Site Live timing: https://www.imsa.com/scoring/

The nice timing site: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/
Old 6 Aug 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4171632)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Info on watching around the world: https://www.imsa.com/internationalco...ing%20reporter.

Quote:
How to Watch in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Iceland and Baltics,:
VIAPLAY will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Iceland and Baltics.

How to Watch in the Netherlands:
VodafoneZiggo will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in the Netherlands with Dutch Commentary and a roving reporter.

How to Watch in Canada:
REVTV will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in Canada

How to Watch in France:
AutoMotoTV - will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events with French commentary and roving reporter

How to Watch in Germany:
Motorvision TV will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in Germany with German Commentary.

How to Watch in New Zealand:
Sky TV will broadcast WeatherTech Championship race events for New Zealanders.

How to Watch for Those in the Military:
American Forces Network (AFN) will broadcast WeatherTech Championship races to those serving in the U.S. armed forces. AFN is available in 174 territories and 140 ships around the world.

How to Watch Elsewhere:
For those located where live television coverage is not offered, IMSA.com/tvlive will stream the video feed and audio commentary from the IMSA Radio team of John Hindhaugh, Jeremy Shaw, Shea Adam, and Brian Till.
Old 6 Aug 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4171637)   #20
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I now live in Oslo, Norway, but have never been able to get IMSA TV to work on my laptop, no matter which browser I try (Chrome, Firefox, Edge). It manages to play ads before the stream just fine (because, capitalism), but then the stream window turns black and an error shows saying "An unknown error has occured" and that's it.
Have you tried Radio Le Mans' page? Same feed, but there's far less on the page to cause conflicts. I have had similar intermittent issues with IMSA TV, so I just use RLM's page now:

https://imsaradio.com/index.php/live-video/
Old 6 Jan 2024, 15:45 (Ref:4190946)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Any 2024 changes?

IMSA radio is as before. Except the team will attend the circuit more.

Global feed? I recall a few specific countries that couldn’t get this last year. Has the series been picked up by more broadcasters and some countries lose out on the global commercial free feed?

Still Peacock I presume?
Old 7 Jan 2024, 15:15 (Ref:4191023)   #22
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
I'm also presuming peacock. I'd say over the last two decades, the sport has really pushed to build staying power into almost all aspects. Rules, schedules, broadcasting etc. Frequent changes make it difficult to build strong fanbases. Having said that, money talks.

The imsa category isn't currently showing in the sports section like Indy car does, and it also appears the petit replays are no longer there. Most of the section is highlights from only half the 2023 season.

The imsa page shows the Rolex races as streaming on peacock:https://www.imsa.com/events/2024-rolex-24-at-daytona/

Last edited by seanyb505; 7 Jan 2024 at 15:21.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 16:15 (Ref:4193556)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
IMSA TV:

Domestic coverage: https://www.imsa.com/domesticcoverage/
Quote:
tch all the live action of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship on either USA or NBC. Audio commentary is also available via IMSA Radio.

Additionally, all WeatherTech Championship races can be streamed live in their entirety on NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports App with authentication or Peacock Premium. For questions regarding Peacock please Peacocktv.com/help. And to learn more about IMSA on Peacock Premium visit Peacocktv.com/sports.
International Coverage: https://www.imsa.com/internationalcoverage/
Quote:
How to Watch in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Iceland and Baltics,:
VIAPLAY will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Iceland and Baltics.

How to Watch in the Netherlands:
VodafoneZiggo will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in the Netherlands with Dutch Commentary and a roving reporter.

How to Watch in Canada:
REVTV will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in Canada

How to Watch in France:
AutoMotoTV - will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events with French commentary and roving reporter

How to Watch in Germany:
Motorvision TV will broadcast WeatherTech Championship events in Germany with German Commentary.

How to Watch in New Zealand:
Sky TV will broadcast WeatherTech Championship race events for New Zealanders.

How to Watch for Those in the Military:
American Forces Network (AFN) will broadcast WeatherTech Championship races to those serving in the U.S. armed forces. AFN is available in 174 territories and 140 ships around the world.

How to Watch Elsewhere:
For those located where live television coverage is not offered, IMSA.com/tvlive will stream the video feed and audio commentary from the IMSA Radio team of John Hindhaugh, Jeremy Shaw, Shea Adam, and Brian Till.

For development series and single-make series, live streaming coverage is available on IMSA.com/tvlive with IMSA Radio commentary
Old 27 Jan 2024, 16:16 (Ref:4193557)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Timing is here: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/
Old 27 Jan 2024, 18:30 (Ref:4193568)   #25
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find this link the best over the last week.

https://imsaradio.com/index.php/live-video/