Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4151672)   #26
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was the driver change, had a problem with the seat insert that took extra time.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4151674)   #27
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn Porsche 1-2 almost confirmed now.

Didn't think many of us bet on that result a few hours ago.

Edit - I've somehow overlooked the #10..
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4151675)   #28
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Hindhaugh spent the whole race just saying hello to everyone or is it just me?
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4151676)   #29
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post

There's always a Taylor wanting to go bumper cars...
... and getting away with it as he always does.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4151677)   #30
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#1 rule in IMSA: never underestimate Acura...
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:45 (Ref:4151678)   #31
TCT
Racer

Ha ha ha ! karma!
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:46 (Ref:4151679)   #32
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Ricky T does it again...
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4151680)   #33
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was a great race.

Porsche still very much struggling with tire wear but wow, the field has really closed up. Congrats to them on their first win.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:50 (Ref:4151681)   #34
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful move by the #10 on the #7 Porsche.

... Looked like a beautiful move by the #10 on the #6 Porsche.

Bit of a shame it ended like that but entertaining nonetheless.

Commentators were asleep though. I really think they need one commentator to commentate on what they're seeing on the screen as a play by play (J Hindaugh) and then leave the co commentator (J Shaw) to take a more overall look at the race and chip in with interesting updates.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4151682)   #35
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Now, Penske Porsche should take some of that good karma and Fed ex it to Portimao....
Old 15 Apr 2023, 23:00 (Ref:4151683)   #36
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Finally, BMW gets a good race. We get to see their LMDh make a strong showing.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 23:42 (Ref:4151686)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Commentators were asleep though. I really think they need one commentator to commentate on what they're seeing on the screen as a play by play (J Hindaugh) and then leave the co commentator (J Shaw) to take a more overall look at the race and chip in with interesting updates.
I love Hindaugh's voice, but he gets easily distracted from what's happening on screen.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 01:12 (Ref:4151689)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had to watch on delay. Couldn't believe what transpired on the first lap! Such a wild time for a pro to lose the car in a straight line so far in front of the corner.

I enjoyed how much different strategy was applied in the GTP class. GTD wasn't as close as usual at the pointy end, but still some good battles.

Not sure how much we can learn about these cars other than the fact that Acura is fastest. The first 3 races have been on such wildly different tracks it is hard to still get a read on the true pecking order.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4151694)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Porsche, great win. They deserve it on that livery alone!
Old 16 Apr 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4151699)   #40
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
That was a great race.

Porsche still very much struggling with tire wear but wow, the field has really closed up. Congrats to them on their first win.
It looked that way at the end but in reality I think they were the only GTPs to double stint their tyres. Ultimately that won them the race so fair play.

Taylor looked like he had a huge pace advantage at the end and with hindsight didn't need to do such a do or die move. Quite fun it was those two cars again duking it out in the final laps.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4151702)   #41
TCT
Racer

Quote:
Porsche still very much struggling with tire wear

According Autosport they did not change tires during pitstop and most or all others did
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:17 (Ref:4151804)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I had to watch on delay. Couldn't believe what transpired on the first lap! Such a wild time for a pro to lose the car in a straight line so far in front of the corner.

I enjoyed how much different strategy was applied in the GTP class. GTD wasn't as close as usual at the pointy end, but still some good battles.
I went to watch some motorsport last night. So catching up with Long Beach and Portiamo.

Bourdais at the start! Just locked up under brakes, but mad. Blomqvist caught up in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Not particularly bright from Bourdais there, nor from Blomqvist for the squeeze. Thankfully only those two cars were affected.
I thought Blomqvist was a little unlucky.

(oh BTW - Peacock catch up coverage is evil - the feature that if I wish to skip forward I have to watch the ads anyway - having to watch on this as its catch up so even if I quickly nipped to Italy it wouldn't help)

Still Porsche and BMW challenging early on. Caddilac look a little further back. We are a good three laps in now, I am off to the other thread to demand BoP adjustments.

But it stayed like that for a bit. Until the world's slowest/longest pitlane And then Porsche leads, no BMW leads!
The madness that the pit stop time takes about a lap. Well if you struggle getting a gear when you get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Anyone know what happened with the WTR Acura at that stop? Just long stop or did something different with tyres?
Well Porsche did, but the stop was still slow compared to everyone else that did change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
It was the driver change, had a problem with the seat insert that took extra time.
Interview said it was the car stuck in neutral - "didn't know it could"

People trying things with tires to see what happens:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
According Autosport they did not change tires during pitstop and most or all others did
In the end it worked for Porsche. They might still be a little worse on wear (?), but this was still a race to try this - it was there only chance. They made it work.

The Acuri gets in the way of Pfaff at the fountain - should be an instant penalty

Quote:

Didn't think many of us bet on that result a few hours ago.

Edit - I've somehow overlooked the #10..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
There's always a Taylor wanting to go bumper cars...
... and getting away with it as he always does.
Tense Taylor Campbell battle. And then the Porsche loses downforce. Debris - but no yellow - typical IMSA letting this race again!

My kid runs off to tell mother how amazing the race is!

De Phillippi joins in.

Can Campbell hold on?! No! Taylor through. Enough to save his team mate? Legge in the wall - will there be a yellow.

NO THERE IS A COMMERCIAL INSTEAD. BMW gets him too. Obviously missed that. But on the positive I am about to pester my doctor to let me spend loads of money on some drugs that "might cause death".

Super tense last couple of minutes.

WHAT! Taylor. Dear or dear. IMSA - Race stays green for ages. Again IMSA try to keep it yellow.

Race finishes under yellow. Certainly not like the racing I was at yesterday!

Quote:
That was a great race.

(The damn!?) PORSCHE WINS!

That was fun, although I missed hanging out live with you all. Now on to Portiamo.

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Apr 2023 at 16:37.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4151993)   #43
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
No wonder the BMW was doing great after practice at Long Beach. Score one for the techies...

http://www.sportscar365.com/imsa/wsc...each-practice/