Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Dec 2001, 14:20 (Ref:186513)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nordschleife

Does anyone know a site where I can get an incar video of this great cicuit or a video of the lap or even some photos of it?
Old 16 Dec 2001, 20:39 (Ref:186628)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul, you could always buy a copy of Duke's "In Car 956", which includes a full lap of the circuit by Derek Bell in a works Porsche. (With Derek's added on commentary! Watch out for Jacky Ickx when he flies past!).
Old 16 Dec 2001, 20:50 (Ref:186634)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sounds great! I'll definitely look into that. Thanx.

Anymore?
Old 16 Dec 2001, 22:04 (Ref:186658)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paulzinho, I know that there is a lap around the Nordschleife circuit somewhere on the internet - not in an F1 car (Lotus Elise I think), but it is the 22km circuit all the same.

I'll have a bit of a look around and get back to you if I find it.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 13:41 (Ref:186881)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and then there's Grand Prix Legends if you want to take a crack at it yourself...

(Good Luck. If it were real, I'd be dead by now, many times over)
Old 17 Dec 2001, 14:01 (Ref:186892)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
...and then there's Grand Prix Legends if you want to take a crack at it yourself...

(Good Luck. If it were real, I'd be dead by now, many times over)
Oh yes!! It's hard enough driving one of those '67 cars in GPL, but around the Nordschleife - something else. Memorised all the corners yet, EERO?

Old 17 Dec 2001, 16:25 (Ref:186920)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got 6.

168 to go.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 16:47 (Ref:186929)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say I've become a bit of a dab hand at the Nordschleife. I just LOVE the long straight at the end of the lap and where you have to some how turn under that bridge at the end of it. In a bath tub. Doing 175mph. Insane. Completely nuts.

(buy the game NOW, Paul)
Old 17 Dec 2001, 17:22 (Ref:186949)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try this one...http://www.motorcycle-dk.com/en/news/ which has got a whole load of home video laps, and all sorts of other stuff besides.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 18:02 (Ref:186974)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
...I just LOVE the long straight at the end of the lap and where you have to some how turn under that bridge at the end of it.
I ALWAYS end up sideways in the hedge to right just after the bridge.

Old 17 Dec 2001, 19:23 (Ref:187034)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO

I ALWAYS end up sideways in the hedge to right just after the bridge.

I generally have intimate contact with all of the hedges!
Old 17 Dec 2001, 20:51 (Ref:187058)   #12
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
175mph, try 185/190mph on a good lap there.

If you really want to know the record around the 'ring is around 7min46 or so. I struggle to get under 9min30 at the moment but that time is improving.

One trick I have been told (from some one who has done under 8min in all cars, btw!!) and it seems to work, is treat the lap as a race distance on other tracks. Also go slower than you want to around the track, and only build up speed gradually. Try to learn the areas that you do not know, not learn the entire track.

If you want some help in setting the game up or just want to race quick try online racing. www.vroc.net(or try http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/ for some more links) is the place to be, with on line races 24/7. here you can get links to alot of gpl stuff, like the add on tracks, (bathurst, lemans, etc) the upgrades to the game, etc. Hope this helps.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 01:31 (Ref:187140)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Thanks Tony, and welcome to the Forum. I guess we should move this discussion over to the Armchair Forum. I'll leave a tag here.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 07:23 (Ref:187201)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Paul, as the original poster here, can I just remind you that you really must buy GPL, as Tristan says. Not only can you drive the Nordschleife, but as Tony has reminded us, you can download and drive the 1967 version of the full Le Mans circuit!!

Now, what more incentive could you possibly want....!!!!

Old 18 Dec 2001, 19:37 (Ref:187387)   #15
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Wow!!!! I might just have to do that, although i tried a demo of Watkins Glen and found the handling impossible!!!!!

P.S Thanks for posting those links, i'll check them out when i've got a bit more time!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 00:06 (Ref:187494)   #16
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The handling is not impossible, it is as realistic as you can get. Just ask the reputed CART/IRL drivers, J. Villeneuve and a T. Sato who all have been seen in the chat forum (vroc) at some time.

Grand Prix legends is as close as you can get to driving a real car, you can feel setup changes you make (antiroll bars, diff settings, etc) and they do make a big difference to the cars handling.

BTW a good time around watkins Glen is around 1min06sec, or less, and use the eagle, Cooper or Brabham as these are the 'best' cars to learn with.
Old 19 Dec 2001, 16:28 (Ref:187666)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
I wasn't saying it wasn't realsitic but those cars sure were a handful!!!

Maybe it would be easier with a steering wheel as opposed to a keyboard, which quite frankly is cr*p for motor racing games.
Old 19 Dec 2001, 18:25 (Ref:187725)   #18
Alan P
Rookie

Alan P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a commited GPL player (how commited? I'm about to spend £150 on a Momo steering wheel, FOR MY COMPUTER!) I can safely say that the default setup IS ****, the springs are set WAY too loose and most of the time you're cornering on the bump stops, which ARE VERY HARD and make the car very skittish. If you get the full game (Available from £9.99 I think) get loads of setups from various websites. There have been several graphical updates to make the game look absoluterly spiffy, like a modern game.

And a wheel is ESSENTIAL, you can fairly good with a joystick, keyboard will get you nowhere, but you really need a wheel to get good at the game. They're available from £20 upwards to more than £500 if you want!

I can recommend the ferrari, Cooper or honda to learn with, and TURN OFF all the driver aids otherwise you'll get used to having them!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 22:31 (Ref:187843)   #19
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WOT GAME IS THIS?!?!?!?!

ive gotta get this game!!!
Old 19 Dec 2001, 23:22 (Ref:187869)   #20
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
WOT GAME IS THIS?!?!?!?!
Grand Prix Legends, by Sierra
Old 20 Dec 2001, 19:17 (Ref:188135)   #21
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ

Grand Prix Legends, by Sierra
thats an old game(ish) which maybe a problem in getting!!!
Old 20 Dec 2001, 19:37 (Ref:188147)   #22
Alan P
Rookie

Alan P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan

thats an old game(ish) which maybe a problem in getting!!!
not if you know where to look. Look in the big software shops and records shops (HMV, Virgin, Elecy boutique, game etc) and even then there's online or via auction. I bet I could find at least 5 copies up for sale at ebay or similiar.
Old 10 Jul 2002, 14:51 (Ref:331137)   #23
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
back to the nordschleife:

In-Car 956's lap is apparently on this site in .mov format.

http://w1.movies.taner.net/

I downloaded the silverstone, but my windows media player wouldn't/couldn't play it.

The nordschleife lap is about 100 megs.

Does anyone know where I could get an NTSC copy of In-Car for less than $30US? It seems that amazon.com doesn't have it, but amazon.co.uk does, in PAL format, for 13.50 pounds.

Or, if it were available in VCD format, that'd be cool, too. I'm not interested in ripping off the distributors...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Jul 2002, 17:36 (Ref:331215)   #24
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't realise there were so many GPLenders out there. I agree it is easily the best racing game ever produced, and that 5:30 around the Nurburgring is just insane.

BTW what is everyones GPL rank handicap. Mines +21. (if you don't know what this is go to http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/ and join. It basically calculates how far your lap times are away from Papyrus' benchmark times. The world record is -90 so you can see I still have a long way to go.)
Old 12 Jul 2002, 19:38 (Ref:332904)   #25
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooh!! I've just re-discovered this thread!! Bump it back to the top!!

GPL rocks, but IMO you NEED a wheel. THEN I find the cars far easier with all the aids and that OFF.

I must say: the Ferrari, wheel-spinning in practically any gear = ORGASM. Thankyou....