Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 May 2002, 09:35 (Ref:291219)   #1
Minstermen YCFC
Rookie

Minstermen YCFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone - Monday 3rd June

Harrogate Minstermen are definately running a coach to Silverstone to support York City Racing on Monday 3rd June.

There should be between 30 and 40 of us travelling to Silverstone so hopefully we can all meet up. How many bandqsi`s will be there?

We will bring York City flags and many of us will be wearing York City shirts so it should be a good day. Where do you get all your B&Q flags from?

Old 21 May 2002, 09:44 (Ref:291223)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you lot outnumber the b&q-si by about 3-1
Old 21 May 2002, 09:50 (Ref:291229)   #3
Minstermen YCFC
Rookie

So there should be around 50 of us there together then. Should be a party atmosphere then!
Old 21 May 2002, 10:02 (Ref:291239)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
all we can do is pray for good weather...
10 days....
Old 21 May 2002, 16:39 (Ref:291651)   #5
Minstermen YCFC
Rookie

Just a quick question ....... What is the situation like for bars at Silverstone? A few people have been asking. What kind of prices do they charge?

Hope that doesnt make us all sound like drunks!
Attached Images

Old 21 May 2002, 16:45 (Ref:291654)   #6
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Food and drink on the circuit is generally more expensive than pubs. Burgers are £2 - £2.50 Beer I think around the £2.50 mark.

There is one bar in the paddock area (over the bridge behind the pits) and several caravan type bars around the circuit. If you get a race programme there will be a circuit plan in it showing the various places.

Simon
Old 21 May 2002, 16:53 (Ref:291658)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Your best bet is to bring your own beer and food if you can... it's overpriced and not particularly nice at the circuit.

I will have a word with John and see if we can get some more B&Q flags for the occasion... but I want a YCFC (YCSC ? Sorry!) flag to wave at the rest of the season's meetings... anyone have one spare ???

Should be a good day - what time you planning on arriving ?
Old 21 May 2002, 17:11 (Ref:291669)   #8
Minstermen YCFC
Rookie

Should be arriving at Silverstone for 10:30 am. Are you allowed to bring your own alcohol into the circuit? It is all different to football!

If you would like a York City flag the best thing to do is visit www.ycfc.net and visit the club shop section where I think you can order flags.
Old 21 May 2002, 17:22 (Ref:291672)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tried that before.. but they'd bloody well sold out... must be all those new American fans ?

Sure you can bring your own alcohol to the circuit... though you might like to be a little more discreet than carrying large kegs past the security guys cos they might then get the hump and follow you round all day... you know what they're like! Seriously, they're fine, unless you plan on getting mullered and throwing beer cans onto the track!
Old 21 May 2002, 17:23 (Ref:291675)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
PS About the flags... just called back and they're now shown as in stock! Have ordered one... it'll probably turn up on June 5th!
Old 21 May 2002, 19:02 (Ref:291782)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking of going to Silverstone for the BTCC race, anyone wanna meet up?
Old 21 May 2002, 19:24 (Ref:291802)   #12
Pip
Racer

Pip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lot knocked us out of the FA cup this year.... good on you!!!

Wush I could come and join you all, but am running at Hatfield... enjoy and have a few beers for me!!!!
Old 21 May 2002, 19:37 (Ref:291816)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Craig and Simon have done a pretty good job of answering your questions. Not long now before everyone pulls up at the Silverstone building site - erm, I mean main entrance. If you look on bandqsi.com you'll find a Silverstone circuit guide and I think I got round to adding a timetable to it as well.
Old 21 May 2002, 19:49 (Ref:291828)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'm not going to mention the team which my family support, for fear of incriminmating myself with the York faithful, but they knocked them out of the cup too!
Old 21 May 2002, 21:11 (Ref:291898)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If you're looking for a timetable - http://www.redshoes-racing.com/2002S...ilverstone.pdf - just print and fold into a handy pocket-size guide
Old 21 May 2002, 21:34 (Ref:291922)   #16
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh! The timetable is up there! Going to have a look now. I will be bringing some spare colour ones along to the race meeting just in case.

Looking forward to meeting you guys at Silverstone. Somehow I don't think we need to arranging a meeting place because I don't think we'll miss each other!
Old 22 May 2002, 16:34 (Ref:292737)   #17
neil hall
Rookie

neil hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yah, Minster Man
As a team member of B&Q,Jet, York City Racing it will be really good to see you. I'm sure you'll make the most noise for the best Production car team there - us of course.
Old 26 May 2002, 11:48 (Ref:296513)   #18
I met Meat Loaf
Rookie

I met Meat Loaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm well chuffed because my step dad just told me he's booked me a ticket for next Sunday and Monday at Silverstone!!

Lucy!

Zero's my Hero
Old 31 May 2002, 17:33 (Ref:301769)   #19
Sarah W
Rookie

Sarah W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if you can buy a ticket on the gate on Monday.
Old 31 May 2002, 18:23 (Ref:301784)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
you usually can, but be prepared to queue....
Old 31 May 2002, 18:53 (Ref:301794)   #21
Lorna
Veteran

What Bella said....it sounds like it is going to be a popular weekend.

I indirectly won some tickets to Silverstone. My work colleague is a temp and wasn't allowed to go in for the raffle at the Christmas Party which was held at Silverstone so I bought at ticket in my name for her. I had to go up and collect an envelope saying I had won two tickets to BTCC at Silverstone! I of course honourably passed them onto my work mate. It's the only time I've won in a raffle and they weren't even for me!
Old 31 May 2002, 21:10 (Ref:301884)   #22
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, but the important question is whether your work mate is intending to head to Silverstone for the BTCC?
Now what about our Minstermen, are they all set for their trip to Silverstone?
Old 31 May 2002, 21:36 (Ref:301898)   #23
Lorna
Veteran

They are indeed. Otherwise I would have put the tickets to better use.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 00:06 (Ref:302026)   #24
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
I'm thinking of going to Silverstone for the BTCC race, anyone wanna meet up?
I'm definitely going and can't wait. If you wanna meet up, let me know..

Last edited by Spudgun; 1 Jun 2002 at 00:07.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 07:32 (Ref:302142)   #25
Minstermen YCFC
Rookie

Harrogate Minstermen are definately ready for the trip to Silverstone. I am phoning Craig when we get down so we can all meet up and have a great day.

There are around 40 of us coming down and also a couple of other York City supporters will be there through winning the competition for tickets on here.