Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Mar 2003, 17:56 (Ref:546609)   #101
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The problem with Marcos that there are no road versions build (or not enough) to race in Fia GT or Le Mans.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 18:11 (Ref:546623)   #102
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yet Euser raced in the GT championship in 1998 and, I believe, 1999. Is it an upgraded car that can't be homologated?
Old 24 Mar 2003, 18:57 (Ref:546679)   #103
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There are two models: Marcos Mantis (GT) and Marcos LM600 (GTS). A Mantis (with Cor Euser) took part in the Rolex 24 of Daytona last February.
But of course we want to see the monster: the LM600. I think this car is specially build for racing. One of the reasons for not allowing to take part in 2000 was that the updated car was to wide.

The British company that builded the road cars went bankrupt in 2000 or 2001. The racing cars are build by Dutch company Eurotech.

It's a shame FIA and ACO don't give this car (and Cor Euser)a chance to take part. Okey there aren't build enough road cars but there is no danger that it will dominate a professional championship like FIA GT.

Does anybody know the specifications of the LM600?
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:22 (Ref:546715)   #104
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure how, on a board discussing 'Best Looking Sports Car' we end up talking about late Marcos-es. ;-)
My vote is still for the P4 Ferrari.
Looking at one over the weekend, I had forgotten just how striking the Gullwing Merc SL was. Must have been real something in their day.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:23 (Ref:546718)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But surely the LM600 has raced at Le Mans? There was certainly a Mrcos presence in '95 (with the Computacenter cars) and another year which now excapes me when a yellow car ran for a short while before expiring.

How about this one - 1996

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...page2/9616.jpg

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Mar 2003 at 19:26.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:27 (Ref:546721)   #106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by gfm
I'm not sure how, on a board discussing 'Best Looking Sports Car' we end up talking about late Marcos-es. ;-)

You're absolutely right of course gfm.

If anyone wants a separate Marcos thread, go ahead by all means.......
Old 31 Mar 2003, 09:23 (Ref:553544)   #107
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who's The best looking of them all

I've just subscribed to a thread in the Formula 1 section. It was to pick what I thought was the best looking F1 car ever.
But, if we were to pick the best looking sports racing car ever, what would yours be.
For my own choice look at the image at the top of the page in this forum... Beautiful!!
As for whoever placed it there...You've got taste!!

Last edited by Cobra; 31 Mar 2003 at 09:24.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 09:38 (Ref:553555)   #108
a_r_c_a
Racer

a_r_c_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley is boring...
Porsche 911GT1 evo is my ladie...
Old 31 Mar 2003, 10:09 (Ref:553573)   #109
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy. Ferrari 550.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 11:37 (Ref:553650)   #110
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
it seems like we're going to have another 5 pages thread

my choice would probably go on the Jag D Type 'long nose'
Old 31 Mar 2003, 11:46 (Ref:553663)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have we not been here before..........?

I intend to check back and do a spot of merging if we have.......
Old 31 Mar 2003, 11:54 (Ref:553670)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As we have been here before, I have merged Cobra's thread with the most recent similar thread.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 12:03 (Ref:553675)   #113
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by a_r_c_a
Bentley is boring...
Now thats not true, just look at it. Although isn't that an image of one of the older Bentleys, i was wondering if it is going to be updated. But then again not everyone likes the new Benley.

Anyway, the best looking car of all time, i think the Best looking car of the last 20 years got hijacked and changed into this.

Anyway, the GT40 is the best, Mark 2. what a puppy.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 12:04 (Ref:553676)   #114
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry, big screw up, anyway, i need to add the following, Marcos LM600 EVO,
TVR Speed 12,
TVR Tuscan,
All the GT40s (including the Mirage)

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 31 Mar 2003 at 12:06.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 12:10 (Ref:553685)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just tooooooooooooooooooooo many to choose from as far as I'm concerned.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 18:51 (Ref:554057)   #116
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My Vote:

The Pilbeam...with the stupid "Brownie Boy" face front and center...

I think there are too many to choose from as well....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Apr 2003, 19:45 (Ref:560463)   #117
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spoted these two in the padock at Donningto today, now I might be 24, but these are 2 proper sportscars
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0006-small.jpg  
Old 6 Apr 2003, 19:46 (Ref:560466)   #118
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0007-small.jpg  
Old 8 Apr 2003, 09:00 (Ref:562512)   #119
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Spoted these two in the padock at Donningto today, now I might be 24, but these are 2 proper sportscars
Thanks for posting them
I'm 40+ and they are just as proper to me
Beautiful...
Old 8 Apr 2003, 11:53 (Ref:562679)   #120
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody Donington....
Old 8 Apr 2003, 12:00 (Ref:562687)   #121
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you want just "Sportscars" in general, or anything else for that matter, Goodwood Festival of Speed is an absolute be all and end all must.
And it's no longer just after Le Mans, so you can do both....
Last year there was the winning 962 in '87, all three winning Audis (I checked those endplates out, the gap is just enough to run your fingernail through), 2 XJR-11's, one XJR-10, the '88 winning Jag, the Ecurie Ecosse D-Type (1955), 02 bentley, MG, Courage (and the 00 one) the Corvette, and loads of Can-Am 917's, and several other LM winners. And go as close as you like. Short of actually getting in the car (and i'm sure they might let you with some of them towards the end of the day, but i've never tried it) We used to write our names in the muck on the unwashed LM cars when they brought them straight back from LM to Goodwood.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 02:14 (Ref:563464)   #122
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would choose the classic 1962-1963 Ferrari GTO as the most beautiful sportscar of the post-WW2 era...
Old 9 Apr 2003, 05:24 (Ref:563519)   #123
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Corvette prototypes of 1957-58 were very beautiful indeed!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 05:26 (Ref:563521)   #124
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Bloody Donington....
Don't forget Le Mans Classic, it's a 'must' now ! rotate: