Old 19 May 2004, 01:54 (Ref:975033)   #1
TuscanR
Racer

England
Hertfordshire
TuscanR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix - Golden years, DVD

Hello all,
Whilst making every effort to stay awake to complete my night shift I came across this DVD on play.com (Grand Prix-Golden Years) and its only 4:49 (pounds sterling). I dont know how to link to a web page so heres how to find it, go to the DVD bargins section, scroll down nearly to the bottom and click on the Budget selection bit and its on the second page.
Heres their breif review:
"The late 60's, 70's and 80's were regarded by many as the most exciting and historically significant period in the history of modern Grand Prix racing. It was a time when the sport saw major investment from significant motor manufacturers. A time when technology leapt forward with turbo charged engines, six wheel cars, advanced braking/handling packages and the very best of early aerodynamic styling. Today's legends were in full flight. Drivers such as Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, James Hunt and Niki Lauda were carving themselves a place in motor racing history..."

For under a fiver and free delivery it has to be worth a try. Mines on order now.
Old 19 May 2004, 03:26 (Ref:975067)   #2
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://play.com/play247.asp?page=tit...6&p=57&c=&g=72

Assuming you've got a windows machine: Addressess will get automatically linked if you paste the text in. If you're on the web page highlight the address (URL) with the mouse (so it is covered in black background), type ctrl-c (copy). Go to the place you want to paste it and hit ctrl-v (paste).

Last edited by Snrub; 19 May 2004 at 03:27.
Old 19 May 2004, 08:18 (Ref:975183)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Grand Prix - Golden years, DVD

It is pretty good. And for that money. I got some free 'memorabilia' (i.e photocopied old programs), which was odd because they seemed more to do with Brooklands than 1970s! Great for me 'cus I like that stuff, but not relevant to the DVD.
Quote:
Originally posted by TuscanR
"The late 60's, 70's and 80's
It just covers the 1970s, but again thats great!

Oh and it has Dijon 1979 on it IIRC!
Old 19 May 2004, 10:53 (Ref:975290)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dijon 1979 ....now were talking !

Last edited by Sato san; 19 May 2004 at 10:56.