Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Apr 2004, 19:30 (Ref:940810)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Radio Le Mans

Not sure if anyone has seen this weeks Autosport or Motorsport News but there is a full page advert in both publication advertising Radio Le Mans.

It looks as if it going to be the same as last year midday Wednesday to 18.00 Sunday. Broadcasting on 91.2fm at the track and on the net aswell.

No that is good news isn't it
Old 15 Apr 2004, 19:41 (Ref:940818)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now......

Having exchanged emails with Paul Truswell, there were the usual pre-Le Mans doubts about whether we would have the best radio station of them all once again at Le Mans. Of course, the answer simply has to be "yes", as Le Mans wouldn't now be Le Mans without RLM. And of course it provides the opportunity for those who can't go to France to listen in on the web (and, being a late arriver, for me to listen to qualifying on Wednesday!).
Old 15 Apr 2004, 19:45 (Ref:940821)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 15 Apr 2004, 19:48 (Ref:940823)   #4
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, when I saw the title of the tread I expected that Radio Le Mans had bring out the news that their would possible be no radio le mans this year, due to financial problems etc. As they usually do a few months before the big race.
I hope they already did find a sponsor?
Old 15 Apr 2004, 20:00 (Ref:940834)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like Ayse I have also seen one or two things about it looking a bit iffy again. But this is really good news.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 20:28 (Ref:940856)   #6
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely there can't be any doubt about it can there? The coverage last year was tremendous, who else wanted to commit dogowner murder on Sunday?

It seems odd to think it all depends on finding sponsors, wow, talk about on the brink...
Old 15 Apr 2004, 20:35 (Ref:940861)   #7
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i read it like a double edged sword...advertising when they hoped to be on air, but looking for sponsors and advertisers.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 22:28 (Ref:940989)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there any news about PQ RLM?
Old 16 Apr 2004, 07:12 (Ref:941185)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did suggest a link up on my visit to Audi UK on Wednesday. It would be good news for them, but I think it fell on deaf ears......
Old 16 Apr 2004, 08:25 (Ref:941257)   #10
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alas, some of us have cars with older radio's in, so I hope my passenger will take note.......

Simon
Old 16 Apr 2004, 08:42 (Ref:941269)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Is there any news about PQ RLM?
there hasn't been any the last few years...the circuit tannoy commentator tends to give you a little update in english every so often tho'
Old 16 Apr 2004, 11:08 (Ref:941392)   #12
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news - i'd probably question going if this integral part of the LM experience wasn't there...
Old 16 Apr 2004, 12:07 (Ref:941465)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd be very surprised indeed if RLM is there in any shape or form for the Test Day.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 14:37 (Ref:941628)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've lived by RLM the last 3 Le Mans, if there's no Eurosport coverage ive often been listening on the radio!!

So good news for me!!!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 16:59 (Ref:941800)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Alas, some of us have cars with older radio's in, so I hope my passenger will take note.......

Simon
Note taken...........
Old 18 Apr 2004, 21:25 (Ref:943599)   #16
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly couldn't imagine going to Le Mans without RLM as my "guide"!!
Old 18 Apr 2004, 21:29 (Ref:943602)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I don't think any of use could. I will be listening from the momment I arrive on Wednesday afternoon right through to Sunday night.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 09:43 (Ref:943905)   #18
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BillandLara
The coverage last year was tremendous, who else wanted to commit dogowner murder on Sunday?
I remember that, the updates on the dog in the car were actually more tense than the race at the time. I'm sure there was one time when the warning went out that a guy on a bike had been despatched with a bat to break the windows. Fortunately for dog and owner the car had gone by the time he arrived.

Last year I was able to listen at home to the practice sessions on the web, which was also the incentive to make sure I would be there for longer this year. Radio Le Mans is as much a part of Le Mans as dust and merguez!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 11:29 (Ref:944000)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Standing in the Village, about 6.00 p.m.,earphones in for RLM (so as not to miss any of the aqction), merguez in one hand, glass of bubbly in the other with the sun rapidly reddening the back of your neck - does it get any better......?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:20 (Ref:944338)   #20
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Standing in the Village, about 6.00 p.m.,earphones in for RLM (so as not to miss any of the aqction), merguez in one hand, glass of bubbly in the other with the sun rapidly reddening the back of your neck - does it get any better......?
Not an adept of the Tartiflette ????

It's the nearest fooding point from the shampoo bar !!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 19 Apr 2004, 17:51 (Ref:944472)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nope - tartiflette is not for me, I'm afraid Gilles.......
Old 19 Apr 2004, 19:47 (Ref:944618)   #22
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I've been to Le Mans twice before and have enjoyed merguez, roast chicken, terrific ham and cheese sandwiches etc., but am not familiar with a tartiflette. Please enlighten me...
Old 20 Apr 2004, 15:50 (Ref:945656)   #23
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd be enlightened (in more ways than one!) if you ever had one!!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:01 (Ref:945864)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by neiltbag
terrific ham and cheese sandwiches etc.,

I think you mean the crocque monsieur..... (if I've spelled it right).
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:54 (Ref:945918)   #25
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
phew, i thought this thread was here to tell me that RLM definitely wasn't going to run this year. I probably ought to be a bit more optomistic though...