Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jan 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1191651)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will DC score points in 2005?

I feel quite smug. Last year when it was known that DC was not staying at McLaren, I thought Jaguars was a good place for him to exercise all his experience.
I'm full of support for my local (Milton Keynes) team and a good guy (DC) with a good manager (MB), BUT ...
can they realistically be any sort of contender in 05, or will they be fighting it out frustratingly with the other local team from Silverstone, near the back?
Not having a manufacturer's budget isn't exactly going to spur them on, is it?
Old 2 Jan 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1191657)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Id like to think they'll manage A point atleast in 05..... and DC will probably be the one to score it the majority of their points...
Old 2 Jan 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1191677)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think so, but not on a regular basis at first.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1191685)   #4
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, I think DC will score points but it won't be many (I just hope it is more than Webber managed this year).

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 2 Jan 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1191690)   #5
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i actually see red bull being around the same level as jag were, so maybe a few points here and there.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1191698)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They will score some points - and DC will take the lions share of those.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1191718)   #7
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC will score points ......... but maybe later in the season
Old 2 Jan 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1191723)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he has chances . remember that minardi scored points last season

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jan 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1191725)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes I think it will. Points to eight place now. Jaguar Racing scored ten last year, so I expect a few from Red Bull Racing. DC has a decent chance of being the one who scores them too.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1191757)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A lot depends on how Toyota perform, if they get it right this year and JT and RS keep it in the right direction, they will enormously increase their score compared to 2004.

That would make 12 'works' cars fighting over 8 places before we count in Sauber who have a good finishing record and will probably build a better can than RBR and have Ferrari power again.

It won't be easy for RBR to score, but circumstances can change during races. However, I believe it will be the hardest year for 'non-works' cars to score points (certainly substantial ones) for several years.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1191759)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Under 10 points.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1191774)   #12
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It has to be said he will realistically. DC is no Mupet in fairness and if Klien can score points(Taking nothing away from the austrians efforts) then DC has a good shot. I agree with luke, i don't think he will score more than 10 pts but he will get some. Klien will impress tho. I feel he has a future in f1 which is more than can be said for DC.

D
Old 2 Jan 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1191788)   #13
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As an ambassador for Jaguar, I thought David was absolutely the right man. However for Redbull, it hasn't the clout has it?
His biggest problem will be somehow to shine somewhere well enough for an established team to have him back as a (promising/threatening) GP winner.
Very difficult to see how he can do this; so in turn, it will be extremely difficult to keep motivated and find that one big shot IMHO.
I wish them all luck though.

Last edited by gfm; 2 Jan 2005 at 19:34.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1191791)   #14
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
I too wish them all the luck an f1 team can have
Old 2 Jan 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1191817)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wish them luck too, but 2005 will be very, very trying for RBR.

They lost time with the Ford sellout saga and they aren't in ideal shape at the moment. Couple that with the fact that their engines will be way off the pace and it looks miserable indeed.

I can't see them scoring ten points and any points they do score will be in races of attrition. They probably can't wait for 2006.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1191822)   #16
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
RBR the new Minardi/Jordan?
I hope not.
Yes they should score some points. Ideally a podium would be great but while it is probably most unlikely it would be something to see....after all Eddie irvine managed to pull one off at Monza a few years ago...
Old 2 Jan 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1191826)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But that was a great drive from an under-rated driver. Also, he happened to have an engine suited to Monzas straights and a car lacking downforce!
Old 2 Jan 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1191844)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10 points is a reasonable target for the team, considering the improvements Toytoa are bound to have made. The changes to the rules for 2005 will put mroe of a premium on reliability, which never teams will struggle to get. I can't see them scoring anything outright on merit - reaching 8th place would probably depend on at least 3 or 4 others breaking down or crashing.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1191846)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People may be forgetting that Red Bull's boss is a billionaire - and will spend what he has to.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1191850)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But look at Toyota.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1191856)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Mateschitz won't overspend though....he has a company to protect.

The team is conditioned to make the most of what it has. I'd imagine they'll be given a set (albeit much bigger) budget and expected to work with that and no more.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1191866)   #22
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
RBR I feel will be ahead of Jordan and Minardi, well i hope so, but by much well time will tell. Have they been on the pace in recent test? we should perhaps not speculate as the dullard would say but will DC'S huge f1 experiance prove beneficial.

P.S BOOTS. ure signature is a prime example of a miserable 2005 comentary lets hope itv sit up and take notice of the comments made.OHH NO LET US NOT START ANOTHER THREAD ON JA

D
Old 2 Jan 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1191902)   #23
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember last season? When the Merc engine was grenading in the back of Kimi's car, DC showed a knack for bringing it home; albeit further down the order. With the new engine reliability rules some manufacturers simply will not get it right . Honda in particular. I think DC's talent for not abusing the machinery will serve him well this year.

The effect of the harder compound tires and new aero rules MAY level the field, but teams with supercomputers and CFD experience will be at an advantage. Methinks Jag/RBR has neither of these. Pity.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1191924)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If DC doesn't get his head around qualifying he will struggle to score that many points. I believe, that if he does out-score his team-mate in 05, it won't be by much.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1191935)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'll score points, but not many. Red Bull should be happy to finish the year with 10 points in the WCC.