Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Apr 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1277558)   #1
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
British Hillclimb Championship. Best Year Ever

After witnessing the first round at Loton Park i think this could really be a nip and tuck year for all the entrants.
no huge surprises but with the Fleetwood car with gearbox problems and the Wight car with similar maladies it,s opened up the field for the like,s of groovy and willem with tried and trusted car,s to break away early in the season.
You chap,s and chapette,s really don,t wanna miss this one.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1277633)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spot on there. For those who haven't tried a speed hill climb on the bank, this is definitely the year to give it a go. Enough F1 style cars to form a grid of their own. Spectacular and just a couple of feet from where you're standing. Particularly good for trainees who are looking for a bit of incident handling practice without the worry of other traffic.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 06:57 (Ref:1277766)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Are these events run by the same people that do Shelsley?
Old 14 Apr 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1277874)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley do host rounds of both the British and Midland championships along with the big anniversary event this coming August....
Old 14 Apr 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1277961)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Nuff said.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1278301)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
The Championship is an MSA licenced and backed championship, their main sponsor is the Engine Manufacturer Nicholson Mclaren. The championship is effectively managedby one bloke.

Shelsley Walsh is ran by the MAC (Midland Auto Club), which hosts four rounds of the Championship (two Rounds per weekend, two visits to the venue per year). There are a number of venues that run four rounds, and some that only run two rounds.

Shelsley is really to Speed Hillclimb as Spa is to F1, loads of history, a great atmosphere and a very exciting track, while it's loss would have been a massive loss to the seris, it would not have been a fatal blow. Thankfully, it has remained on the calendar, and I think everybody is glad that it's future is safer now. There are other venues on the calendar that cannot claim the same history or spectator pull, but are just as crucial a part of the appeal of the championship, Gurston, Prescott, Loton Park, Wiscombe Park and Doune for example - the championship wouldn't be the championship without any of the afore mentioned.

Shelsley and the MAC doesn't "run" the British seris, but it does hold a special place on the calendar, and has big influence within the world of Speed Hillclimb.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1278390)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Each venue is run by it's own club, with the championship run by it's own organiser. Harewood and Gurston are BARC (different sections) and the series goes to Doune in Scotland and to Jersey and Gurston in the Channel islands. So there's much variety of both organisers and venues for the marshal to choose from. Wherever you go, the action is spectacular. These are seriously quick racing cars that can out-accelerate F1. Top speed is lower as there's nowhere to get to 200mph. there's plenty of places they reach 140+ on what is effectively a country lane.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1278615)   #8
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
there's plenty of places they reach 140+ on what is effectively a country lane.
sounds like a friday night out in norwich that!!!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1278852)   #9
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Nuff said.

Old 15 Apr 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1279248)   #10
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Woolley] (to Jersey and Gurston in the Channel islands.)

Woolley, you've been couped up in your winter cupboard to long!!!! Unless i'm mistaken Gurston is still in wiltshire.

It doesn't matter which hillclimb venue you go to they've all got their plus points and a warm friendly welcome will be extended to all. If you've never been to one, give it a go. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Grumpy G.i.t.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1279296)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
oops, I can't spell Gurnsey, which was what I meant to put! Anyway, I've got a cold so they both sound the same when I say them at the moment. That's my excuse, anyway.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1279703)   #12
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
oops, I can't spell Gurnsey, which was what I meant to put! Anyway, I've got a cold so they both sound the same when I say them at the moment. That's my excuse, anyway.
Sorry to hear about the cold Wooley hope you feel better soon.
If your good lady catches it i can recommend that she rubs somethin on her chest like a nice hot rescue crew chief.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1280100)   #13
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pic's from Loton Park 10th April 2005

It certainly looks to be the start of an Interesting year. looks like Willem could be moving from the back office at BAR to the 'Hot Seat' if his run continues !

A few snaps from Loton park, first British Championship meeting 2005.

Mixture of Cars, Marshals and Rescue crew at work, play and sleep!!! ;-)

http://www.marshalspost.com/gallery/232.html

No Offence mean't by any of the comments, just my irreverant view on activites, honed through years spent asleep in the back of the Rescue Unit!
Good to see you all again. Stay safe out there, beware the lurking Camera, I'll be around the Hills throughout the season.

Regards,

Jim Lamb, April 2005
Old 17 Apr 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1280363)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Nice ones, Jim. Don't forget to lurk around some of the paddocks and pounds at beer time too.. I reckon you've done enough years to still qualify for marshals' perks.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1281109)   #15
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lamb
A few snaps from Loton park, first British Championship meeting 2005.

Mixture of Cars, Marshals and Rescue crew at work, play and sleep!!! ;-)

Hi Jim,

It appears that the URL has been mashed ever-so-slightly. This means that clicking on the link triggers my hacker-alert system (it looks at what is passed into each page and rejects anything odd)

Good pics, though!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1281468)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPerkins
...my hacker-alert system (it looks at what is passed into each page and rejects anything odd)
Sounds like it's working perfectly then. Nothing odder than hillclimb marshals!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1281559)   #17
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Try this, have now edited the link, should correct the anomaly.

Paul your Hacker software obviously didn't like the URL starting with a Colon!

Regards,

Jim Lamb
Old 19 Apr 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1281813)   #18
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh... That's better!

Thanks, Jim.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1282883)   #19
sinex
Rookie

United Kingdom
Eastleigh
sinex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Now that the Fleetwoods have announced in this weeks Motorsport News that they wont be taking any further part, should throw the cahmpionship wide open!!!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1282895)   #20
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Kitten Kat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We should be in for a very exicting season And I for one can't wait, roll on the Prescott nationals
Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1287284)   #21
beach
Rookie

beach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks good, will look forward to wiscombe in july and prescott in september.who knows may have recovered from my hand operation by then.adrian
Old 3 May 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1291960)   #22
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Kitten Kat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weekend was great fun

Now looking forward to my next round at Gurston at the end of the month!
Old 18 May 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1303702)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Just in the interests of tidiness, I've split this thread up a little.

Top 12 runoff site moved here

General (non-marshalling) merged here

Thanks,

Chris
Old 18 May 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1303760)   #24
blackx
Veteran

England
Ooooooo

Getting clever with your modding tools aint ya now Woolley....
Old 18 May 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1303863)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
You wouldn't have said that if you'd been looking over my shoulder while I was doing it! For a few moments I thought I'd lost the original thread altogether...