Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 May 2005, 01:44 (Ref:1304204)   #26
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good a good weekend at Harewood last weekend.

If you want to see some good photo's of the cars and marshals in action look at the excellent wot no negatives site.
Old 19 May 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1304625)   #27
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Or better still ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame West
It was good a good weekend at Harewood last weekend.

If you want to see some good photo's of the cars and marshals in action look at the excellent wot no negatives site.
Get your copy of Autosport. No marshals, they didn't print the one of the three marshals at the Hairpin having ice-creams, but a cracker of Martyn Silcox even if I do say so myself!

Enjoy!
Old 19 May 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1304630)   #28
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marku Martin Silcox is gonna get so much stick over that....

Old 19 May 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1304634)   #29
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Oh Really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx

You do surprise me! And there was me thinking he would get tea and sympathy!

Old 19 May 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1304702)   #30
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought he was trying out for the red arrows .where the caa informed of an airdisplay by the clerk
Old 19 May 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1304715)   #31
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I,ll give him a tenner for the carb,s.
No seriously though there,s a new shell for sale in motoring news. Sounds ok, cage, seam welded etc.
ok twenty, but thats my final offer.
Old 19 May 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1304729)   #32
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
I,ll give him a tenner for the carb,s.
No seriously though there,s a new shell for sale in motoring news. Sounds ok, cage, seam welded etc.
ok twenty, but thats my final offer.
Another crew member exposes himself - the bearded one who seeks webers!!!
Old 19 May 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1304980)   #33
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the piece of string that's protecting the crowd from the oncoming wreckage. Who says motorsport's not what it once was!

Great shot of Grovesey with the sparks flying, though.
Old 20 May 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1305246)   #34
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
I love the piece of string that's protecting the crowd from the oncoming wreckage. Who says motorsport's not what it once was!

Great shot of Grovesey with the sparks flying, though.
The piece of string is actually a ROPE! It makes a whole lot of difference! What you can't appreciate from the phot is because of the angle it was taken and because I was using a telephoto lens it forshortens the distance between the Pug and the crowd. Also it is up a very steep bank!

Glad you liked the Groovey pic! I noticed several cars sparking and took about half a dozen shots to try to get a good effect - Martin's was the best!

I was also glad I captured the Paul Haimes grass cutting shot as Alan Warburton has already ordered a montage!

Enjoy Gurston Woolley, I'll think of you all basking in the sunshine whilst I battle back home from Knockhill!
Old 20 May 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1305272)   #35
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't make Gurston this time, but I will be doing the annual marshals away week-end at August bank holiday. The GITs are very welcoming, and I'd definitely recommend it if any marshals near Salisbury way fancy something different.
Old 20 May 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1305468)   #36
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx

If you're going to rip into him - don't forget his Dukes of Harzard impression at Loton. I feel a pattern forming here
Old 20 May 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1305546)   #37
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Blackcr0w!
Don't worry i won't mention you getting rear ended by the car you were towing down hill. DOH!!!!
Grumpy
Old 20 May 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1305626)   #38
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANGRUMPY
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Blackcr0w!
Don't worry i won't mention you getting rear ended by the car you were towing down hill. DOH!!!!
Grumpy
It is true that I may have inadvertantly precipitated some minor aerodynamic configuration changes to that Bugeyed Sprite.

In my defence though I have only been involved one serious road accident since then, the Sprite was painted a very unpleasing colour er I was young and needed the money er ... um ... thats it!

Hang on, my chances of having to drive a vehicle are slim to none in the paddock, is that why i'm down there all the time?

Its a good job you didn't remind Wolley or Jon Mould about that before last weekend Can imagine how careful I was being with that £32,000 Caddilac!
Old 20 May 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1305680)   #39
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Barbon does use rope to difine the public areas, but as has already been said most of the speccies are on banks looking down on the course.
I don't feel Barbon is any less or more unsafe than a lot of hillclimb courses.
Wolley if you wan't to know more about the sparks PM me.
Old 20 May 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1305797)   #40
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Its a good job you didn't remind Wolley or Jon Mould about that before last weekend Can imagine how careful I was being with that £32,000 Caddilac!
More careful than I was with a similarly valued Jaguar, I imagine!
Old 21 May 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1305816)   #41
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
The piece of string is actually a ROPE! It makes a whole lot of difference! What you can't appreciate from the phot is because of the angle it was taken and because I was using a telephoto lens it forshortens the distance between the Pug and the crowd. Also it is up a very steep bank!

Glad you liked the Groovey pic! I noticed several cars sparking and took about half a dozen shots to try to get a good effect - Martin's was the best!

I was also glad I captured the Paul Haimes grass cutting shot as Alan Warburton has already ordered a montage!

Enjoy Gurston Woolley, I'll think of you all basking in the sunshine whilst I battle back home from Knockhill!
Don,t care how thick the "rope" is, it wouldn,t stop nearly a ton of car!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 May 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1305851)   #42
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
let's be honest, it wouldn't even stop a 2CV but i guess they don't need much else as the banking is providing the "barrier" instead...