Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1628811)   #1
jlw
Rookie

jlw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ride FROM Le Mans

Hi All,
I need a ride from Le Mans to the Gatwick area on Sunday evening after the race. (actually I need to be at Gatwick by 0900 on Monday).
Happy to share in expenses.
Thanks,

Janos Wimpffen
Motorsport Research Group / Daily Sports Car
jlwmrg@earthlink.net
or US mobile phone (Which I'll have with me) *******

phone number removed by paul-collins - PM him if you want it

Last edited by paul-collins; 13 Jun 2006 at 20:41.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1629500)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another comment

Well, come on lads!

The man (he is famous as well ) needs a ride.

Get on with it! Step lively!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1629605)   #3
jlw
Rookie

Cool,
If I'm so famous maybe some lithe and buxom starlet heading north from Cannes will pick me up (in my dreams at least)
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1629713)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unfortunately for you, with a 5pm finish this year the majority of those who have done the mad dash to the ports after the race in the past have decided to return to blighty on the Monday.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 07:08 (Ref:1629726)   #5
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a big fan of your work but I'm heading towards Holland unfortunately...
Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1629863)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw
Cool,
If I'm so famous maybe some lithe and buxom starlet heading north from Cannes will pick me up (in my dreams at least)
I said FAMOUS, not rich and handsome.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1629902)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, as a mod I think I ought to formally welcome the living legend Mr. Wimpffen to the Sportcar Forum at Tenths. Now I think I know who Paul Truswell was asking me about when he told me a friend needed a lift........

Very sadly, we can't assist on this occasion, but there must be one of our number who can do the honours, surely?
Old 8 Jun 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1630008)   #8
jlw
Rookie

Thanks.
Sure, I understand that with the later start-finish that many will stay. Another excuse for sampling French wines and Pastis.

Given that most Le Mans attendees have a modicum of intelligence I won't have to repeat my opening line from the coverage of another race earlier this year:

"The 2006 Daytona 24 Hours was given the green flag at 12:10. For the benefit of any NASCAR fans out there, this means that the race will end at 12:10"

Just think what you'll be missing on the ride north.

For your info, I'm off toward Sepang on Monday to cover the Super GT race there the following weekend, with "holiday" overnight stops in Doha, Qatar and Bangkok. After Sepang I return home to Seattle, testing the theory that the earth is round after all.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1630137)   #9
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Janos, love the Nascar quote!

I think we have here some big If Only's. I just wish I could assist. Have you tried Pistonheads and the club-arnage forums? Maybe someone there can help.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1630187)   #10
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does anyone realize the zytek and creation cars are eactly the same
Old 8 Jun 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1630188)   #11
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does anyone realize the zytek and creation cars are exactly the same
Old 8 Jun 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1630211)   #12
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
did you realise both your posts are the same to
Old 8 Jun 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1630215)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
Does anyone realize the zytek and creation cars are exactly the same

That's certainly wins the most obtuse post of the week award - and twice!!

I presume you meant to post it somewhere else, or were you seeking an opinion from Janos here?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1632984)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Did anyone manage to come up with a lift for Janos?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1632988)   #15
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Did anyone manage to come up with a lift for Janos?
Not as yet. He did not seem to be worried about it.

"Racegypsy" mentioned that due to the 17h00 finish, his lot's ferry ride would arive MON AM with very little time to catch a train/bus (?) to LHR.

From LHR JWM is off to Istanbul.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1633086)   #16
jlw
Rookie

Thanks. Actually, I'm headed to LGW (Gatwick), then indirectly to Sepang, Malaysia to cover the Super GT race. First I make overnight stops in Qatar and Bangkok, which strange as it may seem, is cheaper than going direct to Kuala Lumpur.

Still looking for that elusive ride.

I could actually make it by taking either the last Eurostar on Sunday or the first on Monday, but wow does that get pricey.

By the way, I'm off to to airport soon -- won't respond to stuff till Wednesday at Le Mans.

besides e-mail I can be reached via my mobile (US number) *********

or via Malcolm Cracknell's UK based mobile *******

thanks again

phone numbers removed by paul-collins - PM him if you need them

Last edited by paul-collins; 13 Jun 2006 at 20:42.