Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Feb 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1529236)   #76
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
Confirmation:

the Chamberlain LMP2 lola entry is infact for team ASM

Story Here
Hooray for me. Haha, thanks for the confirmation John.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1529245)   #77
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Which team is this? Is this the Perrier team?

No, its the Raymond Narac entry (technical support comes from Larbre)
Old 22 Feb 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1529246)   #78
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
No, its the Raymond Narac entry (technical support comes from Larbre)
I said Perrier but I meant indeed Narac...Thanks
Old 22 Feb 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1529250)   #79
19dodge
Veteran

yep.. I'm glad they are back. That was one of the surprises of the 2005 Le Mans (the pace of the Narac Porsche - with Romain Dumas behind the wheel of it)
Old 22 Feb 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1529263)   #80
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just hope that the Rollcentre Radical gets an entry.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1529269)   #81
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping to hear a rotary engine 15 years after the legendary win...
Old 22 Feb 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1529323)   #82
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Jasus ..... 15 years , is it that long , I feel old now !!!

Anyone got any news about T2M , after they wrecked their chassis last year ?
Old 22 Feb 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1529452)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not bothered about a rotary engine. I'm all for variety, but that just got in the way!
Old 23 Feb 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1529481)   #84
Dan_Lowe
Rookie

Dan_Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Anyone got any news about T2M , after they wrecked their chassis last year ?
Not heard anything but they do have the 24h Le Mans on their 2006 schedule:
http://www.t2m-motorsport.com/main_s.htm
Old 23 Feb 2006, 02:04 (Ref:1529516)   #85
19dodge
Veteran

T2M did submit an entry..
Old 23 Feb 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1529547)   #86
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I just hope that the Rollcentre Radical gets an entry.
Have to say that I doubt that will happen. The ACO stated that they will make their final decisions after Sebring. The chassis won't have shown at all at that point. Strangely though, Sebring is not going to prove anything as far as who to add. What cars will be at Sebring, who are eligible to race at LM, and would want to?
Old 23 Feb 2006, 04:02 (Ref:1529554)   #87
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
What cars will be at Sebring, who are eligible to race at LM, and would want to?
The Audi R10 and Porsche RS Spyder
Old 23 Feb 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1530134)   #88
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Have to say that I doubt that will happen. The ACO stated that they will make their final decisions after Sebring. The chassis won't have shown at all at that point. Strangely though, Sebring is not going to prove anything as far as who to add. What cars will be at Sebring, who are eligible to race at LM, and would want to?
Then the same could apply to Courage Competition and Oreca and RfH Dome , which I cant see happening .

I cant understand why certain people were not named , who are not attending Sebring .

Seems like LeMans have pulled another white bunny outta their hat and surprised us all again
Old 23 Feb 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1530173)   #89
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Then the same could apply to Courage Competition and Oreca and RfH Dome , which I cant see happening .

I cant understand why certain people were not named , who are not attending Sebring .

Seems like LeMans have pulled another white bunny outta their hat and surprised us all again
Courage yes, but not Oreca or RfH. Both Saleen S7-Rs and Dome S101s plus that specific S101hb have been seen at LM before. The Radical SR9 hasn't been seen on track at all, anywhere, and that is the point Fogelhund's making.

Asa, you are right about the R10 but I see no reason why both of the chassis will not get a LM entry. That is truly beyond the scale of blunder the ACO is capable of at its worst. The RS Spyder is a moot point, Penske/Porsche made it pretty clear they weren't entering LM with it this year. Maybe next year with customers if Penske actually moves to LMP1 as the rumours have suggested?
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1530190)   #90
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
That is truly beyond the scale of blunder the ACO is capable of at its worst
I wouldnt bet on that at all

Be one hell of a race if both the Audi's didnt get in !!!
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:22 (Ref:1530206)   #91
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not another WR, not another WR......................
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1530221)   #92
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldnt bet on that at all

Be one hell of a race if both the Audi's didnt get in !!!
I understand you are joking, but in fact what is said here is very typical for the ACO: they won't blunder in case of teams that bring big money...

It's always the teams that have small budgets who are the victims of ACO's blunders. RfH, Spyker, Morgan, TVR etc...and the teams that are not French.
Although the missing oreca entries on the list would be a proof of the fact that the ACO can even make huge blunders with French teams. Let's not hope so, I do want to see both Oreca Saleens battle the Aston's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini and Corvettes. Wow !

And: let's leave some of those utterly boring LMP2's out and add some LMP1's please.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1530246)   #93
The Badger
Veteran

Well , to be quite honest ..... i could wait another year to see those Audi's . And one hell of a fight it would be without them . Let them come together with Peugeot .... hee hee .

It does seem that to be a french team or manufacturer it does do wonders for them .

I just cant understand why Courage Competition are not on the list being Frances biggest chassis manufacturer !!

They must really try every year to come up with a new surprise .

But , maybe thats why Oreca and Courage are not on the list . Cuz the ACO are sick of hearing "how come Courage got 2 entries" or WR got 2 entries . Now they can say that they are playing fairer !!!
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:22 (Ref:1530248)   #94
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People, this is not the final list! There's no point to a lot of this discussion because most of the teams you mention will be given entries once the full list is released.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1530253)   #95
The Badger
Veteran

We know that , but we can still have a laugh
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:47 (Ref:1530267)   #96
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
People, this is not the final list! There's no point to a lot of this discussion because most of the teams you mention will be given entries once the full list is released.
I concur. Is there nothing else in the life that warrants your attention: wife / husband, girl / boy friend, kids, partners, other interests. None of you will influence anything about the LM entry list, so relax.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 02:11 (Ref:1530297)   #97
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it that GruppeM are not on the list? Is winning thc championship in FIA GT's GT2 class not good enough for ACO?
Old 24 Feb 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1530512)   #98
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
I concur. Is there nothing else in the life that warrants your attention: wife / husband, girl / boy friend, kids, partners, other interests. None of you will influence anything about the LM entry list, so relax.
Sorry?

Now if having "more important things to worry about" would be the criterium for deciding to post a reaction in a forum, would there still be anyone actively following an online discussion?

Although I greatly admit that almost anything is more important than this forum or the LM Entry list (if I wouldn't have had a wife and daughter I would have postyed 20 times as much as I do now), let me remind you that this IS the thread about the LM entry list, so it is to expect that people reply to the just published entry list.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1530588)   #99
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Why is it that GruppeM are not on the list? Is winning thc championship in FIA GT's GT2 class not good enough for ACO?

it is good enough . but did they ask for one ??

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Feb 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1530630)   #100
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
Not a topic for discussion .....