Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Apr 2001, 23:48 (Ref:81778)   #1
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Niki Lauda, Jaguar Racing's CEO confirmed the team's 2002 driver line-up.

He said: 'De la Rosa has a contract to race next season, so he and Eddie will drive next season. He is a very good test driver, all his input is straightforward, very precise and accurate. The combination of him and Irvine seems ideal to me.'

He denied that Burti would be replaced in 2001 already when he said: 'Under the circumstances, Burti is doing a perfect job. The Spanish media keep asking me if de la Rosa will drive at Barcelona, but I keep telling them he will only race if either of our regular drivers gets ill.'
Old 18 Apr 2001, 00:26 (Ref:81787)   #2
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes gerard...hes a very talented driver. ihope jaguar survives and gives him a good car..im really tired of seeing poor irvine drive a jaguar. but hes gonna stick with jaguar till 2005, as he proposes; to develop a winning car.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 08:01 (Ref:81852)   #3
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talented??? You must be kidding, the only talent mr. Rose have is the one in his pockets: money, much money.

I've had enough of this paying drivers! Why Formula 1 haven't learned from the traumatic "Diniz experience"???
Old 18 Apr 2001, 11:46 (Ref:81902)   #4
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can understand Jaguar giving De La Rosa a drive next year, but keeping Irvine? Irvine's day in F1 has come and gone. The big question, who could replace Irvine if he was not already contracted for 2002?
Old 18 Apr 2001, 15:13 (Ref:81976)   #5
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Mr. Faster you are entitled to have your own opinion however in this case I would recommend you to read and learn a little bit about racing before putting yourself in evidence.

PS: Thank you you made laugh, with you little racing culture. I know is not my fault I cannot expect everybody to have racing knowledge but this is a F1 Forum and therefore if you don't know sh***d about it please don't come back until you learn.

Ciao
Old 18 Apr 2001, 15:29 (Ref:81982)   #6
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin de Miguel
Dear Mr. Faster you are entitled to have your own opinion however in this case I would recommend you to read and learn a little bit about racing before putting yourself in evidence.

PS: Thank you you made laugh, with you little racing culture. I know is not my fault I cannot expect everybody to have racing knowledge but this is a F1 Forum and therefore if you don't know sh***d about it please don't come back until you learn.

Ciao
Martin,

what do you consider to be wrong in Faster's post? Since when we musn't express our opinions if it's not the same as yours? Although, I don't agree with Faster

Paying drivers are the best way for the poor team to stay aboard (in the end of the grid). Jag is not poverty one with Ford's money. So they don't need the pay-driver if he's lack of talent. It's difficult to say for me if PDLR is good enouth (some believes so), but Jag is not better to justice then his previous place of emploiment.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 15:50 (Ref:81987)   #7
Faster
Racer

Oh my Gosh! There are only professionals of F1 here! I thought this was a place where fans can express their ideas and opinions, but it seems that Martin de Miguel is probably Bernie Ecclestone's nick. Sorry to intrude your private little world, mr. Bernie de Miguel...

So, I'll start tomorrow my kart racing career and I'll come back here in maybe five years or so, if I am lucky enough to reach something like F-Ford or F-Renault...

HODER HOMBRE, VAYA A LA PUTA QUE LO PARIÓ!!!
Old 18 Apr 2001, 16:29 (Ref:81995)   #8
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Again I made the mistake of assuming that all the opinions were intelligent, with this don't mean that your are not a very smart human being, that you probably are I just simply believe that you said one of the things that made less sense since I started reading a participating in the forum almost 2 years ago. That's my opinion.

Bernie de Miguel (that was fun)

Please don't leave the forum because is a good way of learning about racing, and I really mean it I didn't have the right to tell to live.

"JODER HOSTIA, VAYA CON LA MADRE QUE TE PARIO"

If you are gonna insult me do it the right way, thank you.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 17:32 (Ref:82026)   #9
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cmon guys, lets not degenerate into another mindless insult match... We've had enough of those around here lately... and even though everybody here may not speak spanish, almost all have an imagination, and can take a wild guess as to what you are saying, and are not interested... So, please!
Old 18 Apr 2001, 17:33 (Ref:82027)   #10
Faster
Racer

Ok, I've played the clown when I insulted you (desculpe, MartÃ*n, y gracÃ*as por la valiosa lección de espanol)!!!

As a newcomer here, I was simply horrified that someone was already telling me to "leave and don't come back before you learn something". MartÃ*n, I believe you're spanish, and for sure you like Pedro and rate him as a good driver. I don't do so, and I don't see what's the crime about that. Pedro has three lonely points in two years of racing, just like Zonta, and I don't see people talking about "the very talented Zonta". OK, he was normally faster than Jos Verstappen, but what the heck, Bernoldi is also becoming consistently faster than Jos, and Bernoldi is not one of the seven wonders of the world, this I can tell you for sure.

IF Pedro makes a lovely season next year, scoring more points and beating the almost retired Irvine, you can tell me "You see Faster, I was right and you were wrong". IF Pedro scores some podium finishes or a win with Jaguar, then, finally, you would have the right to come here and say "go away and don't come back before you learn". I never said that I'm right, that I am misstra-know-it-all. I would just like to ask you: please, disagree when you want, but NEVER disrespect my opinion...

Thanks a lot,

Faster Briatore Mosley di Montezemolo
Old 18 Apr 2001, 18:42 (Ref:82048)   #11
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Hi Faster let's chill,
I disagree with you obviously first because I thing Pedro is a "great driver" top ten outhere and fortunately I am not the only one. Your "Points Achieved in the past Scale" seems pretty reasonable however I don't share that point of view to rate the talent of a Driver, because the car you drive and the technology as well as the reliability play a big role in this.
For me a talented driver has to have an aurea around him built since he raced in the minor categories. As a spaniard I should like for instance Gene but I don't, I reckon is a capable driver but I don't let my national feelings to get involved. I ll give you and example of how a driver touches my emotional fibers.
Nick Heifeld is an extraordinary driver in my opinion, now thanks to his recent results is very easy to say so but if you saw the guy last year struggling you would have thought that he was not capable enough, however he was fantastic in F3 and F3000 and that gave me a good feeling about him and I am sure he ll be a star.
Mr. Trulli is a similar case to Pedro or other drivers he didn't get the points results Frentzen got for the past two years but almost everybody knows that driving on the edge he is one of the fastest guys outhere. I remenbered when he first arrived to the German F3 from karting and he was winning races and fighting with RS and Norberto Fontana (By the way I never undestood what happened to him he used to kick Ralf's butt all the time, the way all those Montoya fans wish he could do one day, I doubt it though)
My point is Pedro Martinez de la Rosa has been a lucky and a unlucky guy in his life, he won the championship in every category of racing where he participated and he was always a sponsor or professional driver, I believe in 1997 he was chosen the third best driver in the world only behind somebody called TGF and MK (you will have to ask his total fans for better statistics), and he couldn't get a sit in F1 because he is from a country where there is not or at least there wasn't almost an F1 racing culture, fortunately that's changing and the guy is superfast and he doesn't need any sponsor to show its talent. It is true that Repsol helped him in that last step to get a sit in the F1 thanks God it wouldn't have been such a waste. Anyway if you don't believe me just ask the guys at Jordan or Arrows what do they think about Pedro abilities to drive and set up a car, most probably if his last name would have been Rose he would be in a Maclren already but that will be always speculation.
The same argument I believe it will be valid or similar to guys like Raikkonenn, Alonso, Pizzonia, Pantano however fortunately for them there is a reverse trend in F1 for the past 2 years of accepting younger drivers and Pedros's fault has only been bad timing in his life (I forgot to mention that Jos is a relly quick driver as well). I believe that now you can realize why I disagree entirely with your comparison between Diniz and Pedro, if you would have said that he was slower than TGF probably I would never said anything but comparing Pedro with the other Pedro, well that was too HEAVY man. (hay una frase muy fea y un poco racista pero en Espanha diriamos que eso es como comparar a Dios con un gitano)

PS: As I mention in my last post please don't leave this forum is one if not the healthiest around, this is the way brain emotions mix works so I hope you like but if you don't I will respect it as well.Thankx

Tudo Bem e moito prazer do conhocer voce
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:13 (Ref:82064)   #12
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where HAS all this aggro come from in this forum?? Not another flipping row PLEASE! For what it's worth

IRVINE IS PROBABLY THE MOST UNDERRATED DRIVER ON THE F1 GRID TODAY
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:28 (Ref:82074)   #13
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Faster let's chill,
I disagree with you obviously first because I thing Pedro is a "great driver" top ten outhere and fortunately I am not the only one. Your "Points Achieved in the past Scale" seems pretty reasonable however I don't share that point of view to rate the talent of a Driver, because the car you drive and the technology as well as the reliability play a big role in this.
For me a talented driver has to have an aurea around him built since he raced in the minor categories. As a spaniard I should like for instance Gene but I don't, I reckon is a capable driver but I don't let my national feelings to get involved. I ll give you and example of how a driver touches my emotional fibers.
Nick Heifeld is an extraordinary driver in my opinion, now thanks to his recent results is very easy to say so but if you saw the guy last year struggling you would have thought that he was not capable enough, however he was fantastic in F3 and F3000 and that gave me a good feeling about him and I am sure he ll be a star.
Mr. Trulli is a similar case to Pedro or other drivers he didn't get the points results Frentzen got for the past two years but almost everybody knows that driving on the edge he is one of the fastest guys outhere. I remenbered when he first arrived to the German F3 from karting and he was winning races and fighting with RS and Norberto Fontana (By the way I never undestood what happened to him he used to kick Ralf's butt all the time, the way all those Montoya fans wish he could do one day, I doubt it though)
My point is Pedro Martinez de la Rosa has been a lucky and a unlucky guy in his life, he won the championship in every category of racing where he participated and he was always a sponsor or professional driver, I believe in 1997 he was chosen the third best driver in the world only behind somebody called TGF and MK (you will have to ask his total fans for better statistics), and he couldn't get a sit in F1 because he is from a country where there is not or at least there wasn't almost an F1 racing culture, fortunately that's changing and the guy is superfast and he doesn't need any sponsor to show its talent. It is true that Repsol helped him in that last step to get a sit in the F1 thanks God it wouldn't have been such a waste. Anyway if you don't believe me just ask the guys at Jordan or Arrows what do they think about Pedro abilities to drive and set up a car, most probably if his last name would have been Rose he would be in a Maclren already but that will be always speculation.
The same argument I believe it will be valid or similar to guys like Raikkonenn, Alonso, Pizzonia, Pantano however fortunately for them there is a reverse trend in F1 for the past 2 years of accepting younger drivers and Pedros's fault has only been bad timing in his life (I forgot to mention that Jos is a relly quick driver as well). I believe that now you can realize why I disagree entirely with your comparison between Diniz and Pedro, if you would have said that he was slower than TGF probably I would never said anything but comparing Pedro with the other Pedro, well that was too HEAVY man. (hay una frase muy fea y un poco racista pero en Espanha diriamos que eso es como comparar a Dios con un gitano)

PS: As I mention in my last post please don't leave this forum is one if not the healthiest around, this is the way brain emotions mix works so I hope you like but if you don't I will respect it as well.Thankx

Tudo Bem e moito prazer do conhocer voce

I don't suppose I can have a copy of the first page summary of the book thats just been written above!!
I have a lot of respect for all comments made by people to F1 and their status at being a rookie or higher is irelvant.
Faster made a comment and that should be respected, he spoke alot of sense as Irvine has done nothing special this year and in many ways Burti has proved the more consistant. Better to save the 5million, ditch mouthy Irvine, keep Burti and spend the money saved on the car.
Welcome to the party Faster...
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:31 (Ref:82076)   #14
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerard
Niki Lauda, Jaguar Racing's CEO confirmed the team's 2002 driver line-up.

He denied that Burti would be replaced in 2001 already when he said: 'Under the circumstances, Burti is doing a perfect job.
Brazilian Luciano confirmed that the Jaguar Formula One team will replace him with Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa in 2002

pedro is a great driver...but lauda's statment just points out just how out of sync jaguar has become.

they are going down...not up.

good luck burti.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:42 (Ref:82080)   #15
Faster
Racer

Hi MartÃ*n!!!

Now I understand why you were so angry!!! I swear, I didn't wanted to compare one Pedro with the other Pedro. I'm not that evil to compare even my worst enemy with some "something" like Diniz. My point of view on my very first topic on this thread was that I simply don't like paying drivers, and I thought that the horrofying "Diniz experience" was enough to stop them, no matter how good a paid driver is... But, really, even if I don't like De la Rosa so much, he is hundredbillionthousands kms ahead of Diniz in terms of talent and capability!!!
I bet everybody knows here that Diniz NEVER won a race in his entire career! I mean, not even a Kart race, maybe even among his friends! And, even so, he survived for SEVEN seasons in F-1. That's what I call the "horrofying Diniz experience"!

And, as a newcomer, forgive my stupidity, but what the heck TGF means???
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:51 (Ref:82082)   #16
Holly
Rookie

Holly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, but I think de la Rosa should be replacing Irvine instead of Burti I haven't really been paying attention but there doesnt seem to be much of a difference between Ed and Luciano, which is bad considering the amount of experience that Eddie has, Sorry
Old 18 Apr 2001, 20:19 (Ref:82092)   #17
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

What's going on inside of Jaguar?? what kind of management is that? I heard Bobby and Niki don't get along. What did they made make the announcement about Burti public now? it makes no sense to have a driver that knows that is going to get the axe at the end of the season what kind of motivation strategy is that? How would you feel if you were Luciano the rest of the season? Unless you have your first driver testing all the time to develop a completely new car for next year it doesn't make any sense to have a drivers situation as unstable as that.

PS: For me alongside de la Rosa neither Irvine nor Burti.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 20:30 (Ref:82097)   #18
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Mr. Goddard I am very glad you liked my "book" if you want I can send you a signed copy.

Old 18 Apr 2001, 21:37 (Ref:82112)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey guys relax !!!!! Cool off !!!!

We're talking about people we don't even know personally, so nlet's not
take it hard !!!!!!!!

Anyway, I will say my opinions about these guys:

1 - Luciano Burti - I agree with Martin about this insane move Jag did, telling the guy he will be fired at the end of the season. I know how it can shake things inside... but let's take it the other way ! By knowing this Burti should get the strength to out perform his team mate and others
guys in the field, and get attention of other teams.
So all I can say is : Good luck Burti !

2 - Eddie Irvine - Irv has been at Jordan and Ferrari. He's fast and consistent, but I like many drivers around, that's all. If he is that great, he should have shown this before, so... He might be getting serious with his job.

3 - Pedro De La Rosa - This guy is good enough to be racing next year. But unfortunately, this moment, he can only show his talent at a Ferrari, Macs, Williams or Jordan. Being at Jaguar can be a waste, but again, who knows ?

4 - Pedro Paulo Diniz - Last year, I kept posting that Diniz should retire and let the youngs come... he made my dream come true when he called it a day.
I used to say "Why a guy sitting in a hill of money should risk his life instead of yatching with a dozen girls around ?"

Well NOW I know !!!!

We've been so focused in winning races and the championship that we missed the point completely !!!!!!!! We didn't see what Diniz was UP FOR !!!!

If I had so much money as him... I would spend years DRIVING ones of the most expensive cars in the world, travelling around the planet, enjoying the pit babes and the high-class enviroment of the F1 world ! YEAH !!!!!
AND when I had enough, I would just leave in style, buying shares of a team becoming a boss and still enjoying the paddock !!!!

He makes remember of Paul Allen, B. Gate's partner, that bought some MIGs, for him and his friends just to play around !

Boys, Diniz KNOWS how to live !
Old 18 Apr 2001, 22:01 (Ref:82123)   #20
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please don't just post endless threads slagging off a driver.

Unless the driver is Ralf the Pretender!
Old 18 Apr 2001, 22:40 (Ref:82129)   #21
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I and many others at Silverstone testing are appalled at how Burti has been treated by the idiots at Jaguar. When he left the circuit yesterday he was visibly upset and angry, presumably because he had just been given the news.

To tell a driver 4 races in a season and 5 races into his Jaguar career that he will be replaced in 2002 is beyond comprehension. Burti's motivation must be at an all-time low, knowing that however he performs this season he is out.

I believe Burti deserves a chance, and that Jaguar have made a serious error of judgement. If they want to get rid of someone from Jaguar, it should be Irvine.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 01:51 (Ref:82168)   #22
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Where HAS all this aggro come from in this forum?? Not another flipping row PLEASE! For what it's worth

IRVINE IS PROBABLY THE MOST UNDERRATED DRIVER ON THE F1 GRID TODAY
Now thats a bait thread

Quote:
What did they made make the announcement about Burti public now? it makes no sense to have a driver that knows that is going to get the axe at the end of the season what kind of motivation strategy is that?
I think it's great for Burti. He can concentrate now on getting a drive for next year by making eddie look slow, does'nt need to get mixed up in Jag's politics, and as Lauder said, he knows his seat is safe for the rest of the year - good luck to him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
He makes remember of Paul Allen, B. Gate's partner, that bought some MIGs, for him and his friends just to play around
That is so Cooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Please don't just post endless threads slagging off a driver.

Unless the driver is Ralf the Pretender!
Moff, you are unbeleivable, You get 10 out of 10 for your persistance & determination for attempting to convert the rest of us. Away with you demon

Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
If they want to get rid of someone from Jaguar, it should be Irvine.
Now your talking
Old 19 Apr 2001, 02:50 (Ref:82177)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Faster
Hi MartÃ*n!!!

And, as a newcomer, forgive my stupidity, but what the heck TGF means???
Welcome, Faster. I'm very pleased that you and Martin were able to resolve your differences. As a rule, if you make a strong statement, expect a retort. I might just advise that we all do our best to keep it from being personal.

TGF stands for "That German Fellow", it was coined by our mentor, Godess and Diva, Liz during the 1999 season, referrring to the ensuing battle between Hakkinen and Irvive, when wiating in the wings was "That German Fellow", later shortened to TGF. You will find that many here have coined their own versions, but that's the real dope.

As for De La Rosa-I have high regard for his skills and I truely believe he could run consistantly at the front in the right car. I think he could have a strong hand in bringing Jaguar forward. Irvine, as Tristan says, is underrated-a big pain in the butt, but fast and tenacious. I question whether he is the right driver for Jag, though.

If M-fan's comments about Burti at Silverstone are corect, then that was a pretty shabby incident. I suspect that Burti was the sacrificial lamb immolated to light a fire under the Swerve.

Last edited by EERO; 19 Apr 2001 at 02:52.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 17:13 (Ref:82386)   #24
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr. Goddard I am very glad you liked my "book" if you want I can send you a signed copy.

Top man just make sure you autograph it..
Old 19 Apr 2001, 17:22 (Ref:82392)   #25
Maximum F1
Racer

Maximum F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burti will be driving for Prost in next weeks Spanish GP. Mazzacane has been axed and Burti will take his place. De la Rosa therefore has got the Jaguar seat quicker than he expected!

Last edited by Maximum F1; 19 Apr 2001 at 17:29.