Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jul 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1663767)   #101
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I finally got round to watching highlights of the race after all this time. Where would I be without Motors' repeats!

I really enjoyed the race (maybe because it was a 2hr action packed highlights program). It seems to have been a race of heartaches really. What has Yves Courage got to do to win a race. I really like the Courage outfit. The LC70's (is it me or is that car simply gorgeous!) speed impressed me greatly as did the Yokohama tyres. Same goes for Swiss Spirit.

At one point, I thought Jean Marc was gonna take the lead and romp away and then it all went pearshaped. Gutted. Gounon needs to calm down sometimes. Was it really necessary that move at the corner? Ok, he saw the gap but it was kinda tight. He had to mount the kerb a fair bit. He had the Pesca on the back foot. Surely, it was just a matter of time but then what do I know!

My second 'gutted' moment came with the Rollcentre incident with the AMS car. I still think it was a racing incident but again a bit of patience would have been good from either driver. Well done to Creation for coming back after their troubles and to the Lammers squad for their podium, they deserved it.

My main disappointment was the Zytek though. Where has the pace gone?

Unfortunately, I didn't see enough of the GT2 race to make comments, the same goes for the GT1 class albeit to a lesser extent. I gather the Oreca Saleen which was romping away had to be parked. According to the Motors commentary team, Saleen was saying one of the reason's for the car's pace and reliability has been because the teams running it (Zakspeed included) have not set about modifying the car with their custom kit like previous runners did.

PS: The works Radical looks lovely. I can't wait for Donington.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 06:28 (Ref:1663868)   #102
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
My main disappointment was the Zytek though. Where has the pace gone?
The car had problems very early on in the race. After the second or third hour, Johansson was the fastest man on track for many laps, putting in some very impressive times. It's definitely not as quick as the LMP675 Zytek, but it is definitely no slouch; they just need to get the reliability sorted.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1663948)   #103
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Hey Radicalmick ..... i thought you said before that the works car might be red ?

Congradulations on building a nice little car that goes like stink ..... and it has a nice rear end on it too

Ofbeat question . Up too a few years ago , chassis were mainly made from aluminium . What spec aluminium was used ..... like 7075 or 2024 ?

Its just that i have read a lot about various chassis construction but it never mentions what spec aluminium is used ?

Thanks

Ger
2024 is used for sheets mostly and 7175 (mostly the same than 7075) or 7050 (7010/7040) for milled frames and so on in aircraft industry.