Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Aug 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3289830)   #1401
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
can't remember peugeot.
They had Forza Motorsport decals inside the cockpit (quite prominently in the full view of the onboard cameras) in 2007 and (I think) 2008.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3289834)   #1402
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Forza have (had?) a link up with SRT on the non-Pennzoil Viper.
Forza's sponsorship is now over with Viper. No longer listed on their website nor on their cars.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3289849)   #1403
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
If am I not wrong, peugeot was sponsored by microsoft xbox360 in 2008 and 2009. In 2010 and 2011 by playstation and gran turismo. Anyway I can't expect big sponsors will knock henri's door.
I remember back in the 1980s Frank Williams making the point that at no stage did sponsors ever knock on your door, the onus was entirely on you to knock on their door. I doubt anything has changed.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3290026)   #1404
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hows about Audi France assisting Mr Pescarolo into the latest Audi P1 challenger...

With the right commercial budget and pilots (please bring back Mr Loeb..), it would make for an interesting comparison to the works Audis... and create some conversation in France, and around the world about the Audis..

Audi winning all the time unfortunately blunts the impact of their marketing efforts around the race, as it has now become 'expected' rather than fought for.

You might imagine too, if Porsche follows its previous lineage, that customer versions of its LeMans racer should be available to preferred customers at some stage. The backbone of Group C were the 956 & 962s in mostly private hands after all...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Aug 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3290045)   #1405
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The R8 was probably the only costumer friendly Audi Le Mans racer ever.
The R10 was too complex for Kolles to run properly, and I fear the new 2014 challenger will be even worse!
Old 15 Aug 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3290274)   #1406
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's quite amusing. I still have a text on my phone dated 9th June 2010 which reads 'Scoop! Pescarolo Audi next year?'

And it was from someone in the know.........
Old 15 Aug 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3290279)   #1407
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
forward-looking rumor, it wasn't 2011 but pescarolo had to wait other 2 years before to have an audi to run at le mans. Of course it was the safety car, but the rumors claimed "Audi" it wasn't specified the model.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3290303)   #1408
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True enough!
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3327989)   #1409
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!

The Pescarolo 02 Coupé is a sports prototype car created by SORA Composites for the CN class.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3328647)   #1410
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that the relations between Sora composites and Pescarolo was....., delicated. I'm really surprised about a Pescarolo named car constructed by Sora composites.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3328654)   #1411
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
I thought that the relations between Sora composites and Pescarolo was....., delicated. I'm really surprised about a Pescarolo named car constructed by Sora composites.
I suspect the intellectual property to the "Pescarolo 02" is owned either by Sora or the ACO, depending on how the 'school car' contract was structured.

Personally I'm not sure how excited I am to see Py's empire getting something out of this, and like you, given the acrimony surrounding Sora's last engagement with ACO rules racing I'm a little surprised that they've got both the manufacturing contract and the positive spin around this...
Old 15 Feb 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3368739)   #1412
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think there will be much future plans at Pescarolo's. If my french is anything to go by, the commerce department of the Sarthe region declared them bankrupt and business is closed as of now. http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/cla...escarolo-team/
Old 15 Feb 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3368750)   #1413
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep - closed on February 7 due to 'lack of assets'.

Very sad. I wonder what Jacques Nicolet thinks about the whole thing?
Old 15 Feb 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3368880)   #1414
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep - closed on February 7 due to 'lack of assets'.

Very sad. I wonder what Jacques Nicolet thinks about the whole thing?
"At least I tried..."
I think.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3368894)   #1415
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very sad indeed. I presume there is little chance of any kind of comeback for Henri now......
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3368899)   #1416
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Very sad indeed. I presume there is little chance of any kind of comeback for Henri now......
Oak hiring him as Sporting advisor?
There are talks about Quesnel leaving for Lotus F1, so having someone with experience of running a LMP team would not hurt, if they lose Quesnel.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3369049)   #1417
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess anywhere that doesn't need financial acumen........

Sorry that's unfair I know, but......
Old 16 Feb 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3369058)   #1418
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am not to sure that anyone will want him, he has built up a reputation for being difficult to work with and therefore it could be no one will be prepared to take that risk
Old 16 Feb 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3369089)   #1419
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I guess anywhere that doesn't need financial acumen........

Sorry that's unfair I know, but......
Well, it's actually not unfair! - Henri Pescarolo has failed his team twice financially. He's a sporting person, and thats all his position should ever be in a team.
I got a lot of respect for him, but believing that he can run a team without someone stable to run the finances is naive.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3369155)   #1420
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well, it's actually not unfair! - Henri Pescarolo has failed his team twice financially. He's a sporting person, and thats all his position should ever be in a team.
I got a lot of respect for him, but believing that he can run a team without someone stable to run the finances is naive.
I think it's a lesson to anyone, in motorsport or otherwise, that entering into a partnership and committing resources on the basis of it is fraught with danger.

Henri made one serious mistake (mishandling the Matmut relationship in 2006) and two fairly forgivable ones (the Py partnership and the Luxury engagement) and the latter two doomed him on both occasions. Evidence of financial incompetence? I'm not sure I'd go that far.

The man is a legend, what he achieved as a driver, as a team owner, and also let's not forget his role with the Elf La Filiere programme, which brought on a whole generation of French drivers, all mean we should applaud a fantastic career and let the Pescarolo name pass into history.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3369276)   #1421
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I think it's a lesson to anyone, in motorsport or otherwise, that entering into a partnership and committing resources on the basis of it is fraught with danger.

Henri made one serious mistake (mishandling the Matmut relationship in 2006) and two fairly forgivable ones (the Py partnership and the Luxury engagement) and the latter two doomed him on both occasions. Evidence of financial incompetence? I'm not sure I'd go that far.

The man is a legend, what he achieved as a driver, as a team owner, and also let's not forget his role with the Elf La Filiere programme, which brought on a whole generation of French drivers, all mean we should applaud a fantastic career and let the Pescarolo name pass into history.
Wise words as always Ian...... but he does come across as a grumpy old sod
Old 17 Feb 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3369277)   #1422
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Grumpy old sod? Yeah, I'll grant you that Mal...
Old 17 Feb 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3369282)   #1423
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But as a team leader he has to drive a team to perform and motivate his people and a grumpy old msn will not get the best from people and it will not attract financial backing and without that no team can survive
Old 17 Feb 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3369287)   #1424
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, so he is grumpy and his team has failed due to finance, but how many top drivers have gone on to be successful team principals?
Old 17 Feb 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3369291)   #1425
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Creation Autosport
Charouz Racing Team
Epsilon Euskadi
Dome Racing
Signature Plus
Kolles Audi
De Ferran Motorsport
Rollcentre Racing
Autocon Motorsport
Intersport Racing
Highcroft Racing
Drayson Racing
Team LNT
Beechdean
Aston Martin Racing
Matmut Oreca
Peugeot Sport Total
Quifel ASM
Strakka Racing
JRM Motorsport
Dyson Racing
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing
Pescarolo Sport

Any bets on who gets added to this list next? My bet is the new Lotus team.

Sad day but an expected one.