Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Sep 2020, 21:30 (Ref:4005200)   #151
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
To be clear, I don’t which of those he did. Just that is the para quoted.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4005202)   #152
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
none of them really mark someone down for sainthood do they...
Old 20 Sep 2020, 21:46 (Ref:4005204)   #153
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems odd to let him compete in the last two races then disqualify him. Also doesn't seem like much of a punishment given that he didn't score any points anyway.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4005208)   #154
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking thru Turkington's twitter seems there is a serious pattern, WSR have problem with setup when no weight , claims car has no ballance then

if that is such an issue couldn't they simply put some weight in it ? cos AFAIK there is no rule preventing voluntary ballast ?!
Old 20 Sep 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4005209)   #155
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Seems odd to let him compete in the last two races then disqualify him. Also doesn't seem like much of a punishment given that he didn't score any points anyway.
One imagines further punishment is coming down the line. If they have any sense he won't be seen again. We don't actually know when the incident in question is alleged to have occurred.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4005213)   #156
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official summary on btcc.net is now up:

Penalties:
Race one:
Andy Neate was officially reprimanded and had his licence endorsed with two penalty points for an incident involving Carl Boardley
Race three:
Michael Crees was penalised by the addition of 0.5 seconds to his overall race time for gaining an advantage in an incident involving Sam Osborne
General:
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue Square has had 10 points deducted from its Teams’ and Independent Teams’ Championship scores having changed an engine above the number permitted

Andy Neate was disqualified from the race meeting for an act prejudicial to the interests of motorsport generally in making a threat of physical assault by the use of his car to make deliberate contact with another competitor

Not sure if they're saying he deliberately rammed Boardley, or if he threatened to ram him after the race. Either way - utterly crass and idiotic.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 22:58 (Ref:4005217)   #157
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post

Penalties:
Race one:
Andy Neate was officially reprimanded and had his licence endorsed with two penalty points for an incident involving Carl Boardley
Andy Neate was disqualified from the race meeting for an act prejudicial to the interests of motorsport generally in making a threat of physical assault by the use of his car to make deliberate contact with another competitor

Not sure if they're saying he deliberately rammed Boardley, or if he threatened to ram him after the race. Either way - utterly crass and idiotic.
I didn't see that one coming, it must of been something Neate said after the last race otherwise I would of thought the CoC/Stewards would of DQ'd him straight away and not allowed him to take the grid in R2 & R3.

Neate might also be in danger of being reported to the Motorsport UK National Court for further sanction.

At least it didn't affect Motorbase in the team championship as they only score 2 cars out of the 3, and I can't see DB ever nominating Neate for a points score.

Last edited by mark_l; 20 Sep 2020 at 23:21.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 00:25 (Ref:4005226)   #158
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The incident with Alex Jay in the last Mini race had a real air of inevitability about it. As he showed in the previous race, he seems to drive like he's playing on his Xbox. He has some raw pace, but he needs a serious talking to before he's allowed back on a race track.
What was going on with those "yellow curbs" though? These minis have a decent ride height but he drove over them and it fired the car about 2 foot into the air.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 06:23 (Ref:4005248)   #159
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Penalties:
Race one:
Race three:
Michael Crees was penalised by the addition of 0.5 seconds to his overall race time for gaining an advantage in an incident involving Sam Osborne
General:
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue Square has had 10 points deducted from its Teams’ and Independent Teams’ Championship scores having changed an engine above the number permitted

Would not be the first time, ask Andy Jordan at Oulton Park a few seasons ago.

Think the red mist desended again yesterday.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:11 (Ref:4005255)   #160
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairly good racing, just a shame that we didn't really see any overtaking along the main fast part into the final chicane.

The PMR Astra seems to be a quick car - we really need to see a young, quick lad in it. (Also Austin has scored more points in 1 meeting than any of the Hard drivers have all season )

Glad Cook finally got a decent result.

Osbourne - what is happening with him? He was quick at Donington, but seems to have really struggled since.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:18 (Ref:4005256)   #161
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Having read the above this morning my brain tells me Neate has behaved appalling towards officials when called into the TOCA bus to explain his side of the story.

I would further guess an innocent until guilty approach was taken until the end of meeting "chat".

If he did threaten to use his car as a weapon then I can see a ban being considered. It could, and may already have, been reported to the Police too. Likely Motorbase are having discussions about whether to field Neate at this coming weekends meeting.

And there was me, prior to yesterday, genuinely thinking Neate had grown up and developed his driving skills in the time he has been away from BTCC. More fool me.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:28 (Ref:4005260)   #162
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Wow, where did you see this? The second bit is even worse.

Will Motorbase keep him?
Presumably he had to pay even more up front than usual due to reputation.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:41 (Ref:4005265)   #163
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post

At least it didn't affect Motorbase in the team championship as they only score 2 cars out of the 3, and I can't see DB ever nominating Neate for a points score.
Drivers aren't nominated for scoring points, if a team has more than two drivers / cars, the points scorers are the two highest placed cars. Neate has already scored points for the team.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:42 (Ref:4005266)   #164
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No one complaining about FWD dominance with all nine podiums going to FWD cars.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:43 (Ref:4005267)   #165
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The PMR Astra seems to be a quick car - we really need to see a young, quick lad in it. (Also Austin has scored more points in 1 meeting than any of the Hard drivers have all season ).
It's a race winning car so no surprise that it's fast in the hands of experienced drivers. Put it in the hands of a youngster with no experience of an FWD NGTC car and he won't be any faster than Austin or Bushell and probably a lot slower.

Besides if a young, quick lad comes up with the money I'm sure PMR would be more than happy to let them have a go.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:45 (Ref:4005268)   #166
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Having read the above this morning my brain tells me Neate has behaved appalling towards officials when called into the TOCA bus to explain his side of the story.
Probably cheesed off that nothing was done to reprimand Boardley for all the pushing and shoving during the first lap which finally resulted in being pushed off at the start of lap 2.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:50 (Ref:4005269)   #167
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Drivers aren't nominated for scoring points, if a team has more than two drivers / cars, the points scorers are the two highest placed cars. Neate has already scored points for the team.
CR 1.6.3 - The Manufacturers/Constructors Championship: Points will be awarded to a maximum of two nominated cars (see CR 5.1) of the same make provided they are listed as a classified finisher in the Final Results. A manufacturer/constructor must nominate a maximum of two cars in writing no less than 30 minutes before the nominated start-time of the Official Qualifying Session at each Championship Meeting.

CR 1.6.4 - The Teams Championship: Points will be awarded to a maximum of two nominated cars from each team in each Race (provided that they are listed as a classified finisher in the Final Results) as per the format of points scoring for the Drivers Championship except that the additional point for Pole Position and the additional point for Fastest Lap and the additional point for leading a Race will not be awarded. A team must nominate a maximum of two cars in writing no less than 30 minutes before the nominated start-time of the Official Qualifying Session at each Championship Meeting.

Which event did they nominate Neate for?
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:54 (Ref:4005270)   #168
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

Can't help but agree with this summary.

I had deliberately tried to view Neate's entry this year as a fresh start, and not hold any previous performances against my judgement of him.

Probably wrong to speculate here about what happened off-track, other than to comment against what has been reported by any of the parties involved.

It will be interesting to see how vehemently the supporters of Motorbase/Ford/Neate try and cling onto some justification for his actions after this weekend though. Probably as much an indication of their character as the actions are of the driver......
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:57 (Ref:4005271)   #169
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

It will be interesting to see how vehemently the supporters of Motorbase/Ford/Neate try and cling onto some justification for his actions after this weekend though. Probably as much an indication of their character as the actions are of the driver......
ther eis just one really
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:04 (Ref:4005285)   #170
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Probably cheesed off that nothing was done to reprimand Boardley for all the pushing and shoving during the first lap which finally resulted in being pushed off at the start of lap 2.
They'll have probably looked at all the in car footage and telemetry building up to it before making the decision though? Although that's still not really a defence for what he did. A little bit of contact in the opening laps of a BTCC race is fairly normal, deliberately ramming another car is not. Plus whatever was done or said afterwards...
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:06 (Ref:4005287)   #171
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringcarnut View Post
Would not be the first time, ask Andy Jordan at Oulton Park a few seasons ago.

Think the red mist desended again yesterday.
Didn't he go looking for Gornall in the pits at Knockhill aswell?
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4005289)   #172
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
They'll have probably looked at all the in car footage and telemetry building up to it before making the decision though? Although that's still not really a defence for what he did. A little bit of contact in the opening laps of a BTCC race is fairly normal, deliberately ramming another car is not. Plus whatever was done or said afterwards...
Watch what is happening in the background of the footage of the opening lap. All the other cars at the back of the field are taking different lines in an attempt to overtake the car in front. Boardley isn't trying to overtake, he is right up Neates chuff, pushing and shoving until he finally pushes him onto the grass, then and only then does he overtake.
Someone commented that what Neate did was dangerous, because of other drivers, people trackside and Neate T-boned Boardley.
Neate shouldn't have done what he did, but at least when he did, they were the last two cars on the track, the other cars were gone, there wasn't anyone trackside that could have come to harm, there is a big grass area there between the track and any trackside areas where Marshalls would be, also Neate didn't T-bone anyone, he nudged him round, made obvious by the lack of body damage to both cars. Boardley had been pushing and shoving Neate whilst the other cars at the back of the field were around them and alot closer to trackside. What Boardley had done was effectively more reckless.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4005290)   #173
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
That may have been justified 😂
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4005292)   #174
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Gornall had hit him quite hard, I wouldn't be surprised if he had had flashbacks to his Silverstone start line accident, where doctors had told him he would never walk again.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:29 (Ref:4005293)   #175
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems he should channel his anger into his driving really.

Or do what Andrew Jordan did during his championship year, and hire a mindfulness coach