Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 May 2004, 14:53 (Ref:975530)   #1
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aco LM24hr Club

hey,

http://marchand.lemans.org/public/bo...ic=30&prod=233

does anyone know if the yearbook and dvd comes in French Only, or would they give you the english versions?

i am thinking about joining the club (i always get the Yearbook and DVD every year anways) its alot of money, but to have all that data from the teams... it would help me alot with my work (i make Le Mans mods for EA Sports F1Challenge.)
Old 19 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:975564)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cheaper membership ("Club 24"?) that I've got gives you the discount tickets, data booklets, results and poster plus a couple of newsletters over the year, it's around €90 compared to the €190 for the 'free' dvd and yearbook bundle.

I don't know how the data booklets will help with your modelling as there's only a few poor quality black'n'white photos.
Old 19 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:975577)   #3
19dodge
Veteran

no, its the data that will help us. its not just the modelling, etc. its everything. the physics, menu art, etc..

the 190 euro one also includes a Photo CD which would really help us. its hard to find high res images of the cars now a days...

does anyone know about the yearbook + DVD? im not going to do this unless they send me english versions.. (there no place on the site that says it though)
Old 19 May 2004, 17:19 (Ref:975665)   #4
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know about the book or the DVD, but at Le Mans you can order a rather good photo CD that contains tons of high res shots of all the cars on and off the track. I think it costs about 30 Euros including postage to the UK. I get one every year, and its worth the money. Alternatively you could contact me off the board at csc24@blueyonder.co.uk and we could sort something out between ourselve's (know what I mean !)
Regards
Chris
Old 19 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:975795)   #5
19dodge
Veteran

ok.. cool.. maybe i will do that. who knows..

anyone have this "membership"? seems like there should be a lot of people here that have it..
Old 19 May 2004, 20:12 (Ref:975816)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the lower priced version (about $100 Canadian) and I enjoy it -- I like the entry list best, although it is in French and the drivers always take great pains to tell me that they were having a bad day when their picture was taken.
Old 20 May 2004, 07:19 (Ref:976170)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been a member (at the lower priced version) since 1997 and I renew as a matter of course. I was initially tempted by the more expensive offer, but its simply not worth it. As for high-res pictures, there are plenty available for nowt on the internet these days. Many of us post our efforts, and although my shots may not necessarily be up the top of the list, most of us can supply high-res versions of what we post for no cost - particularly if it means better cars in the sims!
Old 20 May 2004, 07:50 (Ref:976217)   #8
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just splashed out on the full 24 hour collector, as I get the Annual and DVD anyway and in total it works out quite reasonably as there is no extra postage to pay. You have a choice of English or French version for the DVD and annual and Mac/PC for the CD-ROM. Hope that helps.
Old 20 May 2004, 12:07 (Ref:976478)   #9
19dodge
Veteran

thanks iucrmh. i may do this now, im not sure.. ill have to caculate the diffrences.. (beween the Collector and the regular) the Yearbook always ends up costing me like $80 by the time it gets shipped over here, and the DVD costs like $35, so.. i know this version of the DVD will be in PAL, but i dont mind that really.
Old 20 May 2004, 12:42 (Ref:976523)   #10
19dodge
Veteran

ahh just noticed that you can choose between NTSC and PAL for the DVD;'s too!

wow.. lol looks like i will do this then hehe
Old 28 May 2004, 14:42 (Ref:986344)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, help me here guys.......

After an initial hiccup, my membership renewal arrived today. So I have a plastic-coated, fold-in-half card (the back of which seems to be available to "tick off" the tickets bought at a discount.

But there seems to be a single paper version of it as well to press out, the only diffrence being that it says "Membre Conjoint" instead of just "Membre". So what's that for?

There also seems to be something to do with a lost key service.......
Old 28 May 2004, 15:12 (Ref:986383)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
But there seems to be a single paper version of it as well to press out, the only diffrence being that it says "Membre Conjoint" instead of just "Membre". So what's that for?
For Mrs Aysedasi ! (conjoint = wife/husband)

Quote:
There also seems to be something to do with a lost key service.......
If you didn't subscribe for the special "key" service, forget it...
Old 28 May 2004, 16:02 (Ref:986441)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
For Mrs Aysedasi ! (conjoint = wife/husband)

Nowe that really is funny......

ROFLMAO.

Old 31 May 2004, 22:26 (Ref:989699)   #14
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I completely co*ked up taking my membership card pieces off the backing paper, I didn't realise the two halves should stay together so I now have two pieces of card with plastic backing. Then I found a paper translation that distinctly forbids separating the halves. Will I be put up against the wall and shot or will they issue me with another "card" if I humbly apologise at Le Mans? Or, can I just stick both halves together with sticky backed clear vinyl and correctly say I didn't understand? ..... I suppose the vinyl backing has some of the mounting paper sticking to it doesn't it?
Only I could co*k this up so comprehensively, just as I was hoping to buy Welcome area tickets at the circuit at members' prices, durn it.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 12:37 (Ref:990265)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry Bill, anyone who rips their membership card in half will receive a 5 year ban from Le Mans. You have to watch Formula 1 instead. I know its a sickening prospect, but someone has to.......

If I were you, I'd stick 'em together with clear vinyl. As long as you've got both halves together I guess you should be OK.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 12:38 (Ref:990267)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have you got a grandstand seat? If so, you won't need a Welcome ticket.......
Old 1 Jun 2004, 22:21 (Ref:990900)   #17
BillandLara
Racer

No grandstand seat Ayse, I wouldn't like to get too detached from my fellow man by sitting up in the "gods"! Actually I'll be with a party of nine this year or I might have considered getting GS for Nick and I, with my ACO m'ship.

Formula one??? Hell I can stay at home and watch paint slowly get touch dry... Some German geezer, followed by a Brit and a couple of others and another German foloowed by.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Old 2 Jun 2004, 07:16 (Ref:991126)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz indeed - my thoughts exactly!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 08:37 (Ref:991192)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I tried to watch the F1 last week-end... and didn't succeed : I - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - *yawn*
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:43 (Ref:991436)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I haven't watched any of the last two GPs. And I don't feel as though I missed much either.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:45 (Ref:991437)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I haven't watched any of the last two GPs. And I don't feel as though I missed much either.
You missed a good snooze !
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:46 (Ref:991442)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Trouble is, when I do watch it, I fall asleep. Its just sooooooo dull. It amazes me that some of our members find so much to discuss after an F1 race......
Old 2 Jun 2004, 17:59 (Ref:991805)   #23
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in case someone from the F1 forum is reading this i have to mention that the Monaco GP was great!
Old 3 Jun 2004, 12:10 (Ref:992613)   #24
BillandLara
Racer

*I woke up to sparks and smoke and debris in the tunnel at Monaco, being shouted out loud as if it were the end of the world just starting and soon later was rewarded by seeing 'yetanothergerman' limping around the city with his wheel awry! Must say that the real race that was on then kept me awake 'til the end. Not quite like the Audi finish at Monza, but of enough interest..

Monaco probably rates as the only F1 race I would pay to see, live.

*(doesn't every old b*gger snooze on Sunday afternoon?)