Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 May 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2459531)   #251
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If you want the fuel milage you need to invest in the technology.

Aston Martin are introducing a direct injection V12 at Le Mans that will increase power and be more fuel efficient.

AER and Judd need to invest in similar technology, if not for their current engines, then for their 2011 2l Turbo and 3.4l V8.

If not, someone like Cosworth or Zytek could corner the market with an off the shelf direct injection engine and possible KERS system, afterall the chassis manufactuers are doing all they can with much improved cars.
wow, hope that works for Aston but is it not wise to test it at Spa in race conditions first?
Old 10 May 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2459550)   #252
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hold the presses folks. There has been several exclusions.
Quote:
After a report from the Scrutineers, the Panel of the Stewards pronounced the exclusion of the competitors n° 26, 29, 32 and 77 due to a technical non compliance.
L.P.
Old 10 May 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2459552)   #253
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
wow, hope that works for Aston but is it not wise to test it at Spa in race conditions first?
It might not have been ready - and engine changes aren't a good idea if you actually want to win the LMS and aren't just using it as a test for LM.

(OK, the 007 had one anyway, but if the thing blows up you don't really want to put something new and untried in overnight, even if they could have done it)
Old 10 May 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2459564)   #254
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
26, 29, 32 and 77
Thats the Radical, the first of the Racing Box Lolas, the Barazi Epsilon Zytek and - crikey! - the Felkjghailhgaluryr Porsche!

Ooohh this is interesting
Old 10 May 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2459574)   #255
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3rd and 4th in P2, hmm. And of course the winning Porsche in GT2.

I guess we now have a 1-2-3 for Ferrari. Too bad the Spyker didn't get passed 1 or 2 Ferraris in the end.

Guess we'll have to wait for why.
Old 10 May 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2459588)   #256
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah , for Pescarolo's Pug !!!
Any Lion will do
Old 10 May 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2459651)   #257
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Thats German luck - that sort of thing always happens to a Pug and tha Audi wins.

Before then, when the R8s were racing at Le Mans, the yellow under Audi Sport North America banner was always the faster car - but always lost for some reason or another the Joest red Audi. In 1999, the BMW got a very lucky break to win that year.

Thats German luck for you.
Depends on how you look at it . The Toyota was taken out by a German .... Bsher !!! ..... CONSPIRICY
Old 11 May 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2459779)   #258
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
3rd and 4th in P2, hmm. And of course the winning Porsche in GT2.

I guess we now have a 1-2-3 for Ferrari. Too bad the Spyker didn't get passed 1 or 2 Ferraris in the end.

Guess we'll have to wait for why.
Missing bodywork - due to a blown tire ...
Old 11 May 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2459798)   #259
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ridiculous!
Old 11 May 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2459882)   #260
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Any news on the Bruno Senna crash at the end of the race?
How did it happen ? I saw Lapierre in the other car have a very strange moment at almost the same spot in qualifying, maybe there was something wrong with the car.
He looked like he outbraked himself or something had jammed in the car, he was stranded at the entry of the corner and not until after the red flag was out he could restart the car.
Old 11 May 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2459971)   #261
aiwa
Rookie

aiwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The exclusion of the 77 Felbermayr car for a missing outer wheel arch just highlights the ACOs inconsistencies. Last year the Clerk of the course would send you a note to say repair it or get the black flag - similar modus operandi in LMP 1 and 2 with the cooling vents going missing or breaking. This year nothing just a post race exclusion - no doubt Porsche will send in the Lawyers.

Wonder if the LMP 2 cars were excluded for missing or broken cooling vents around the tyres in the bodywork!
Old 11 May 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2459989)   #262
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwa View Post
The exclusion of the 77 Felbermayr car for a missing outer wheel arch just highlights the ACOs inconsistencies. Last year the Clerk of the course would send you a note to say repair it or get the black flag - similar modus operandi in LMP 1 and 2 with the cooling vents going missing or breaking. This year nothing just a post race exclusion - no doubt Porsche will send in the Lawyers.

Wonder if the LMP 2 cars were excluded for missing or broken cooling vents around the tyres in the bodywork!
Just a undeserved disqualification. They ran a great race!

I was really shocked when I heard the news this morning. Nothing appeared wrong when they checked the engine en fuel in scrutenering before I left the circuit. They've should have saved the trouble of checked the whole car before excluding them afterwards because of the missing outer wheelarch. First they where checked on all the things before turning to the bodywork.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2460051)   #263
Dave1Zippy
Rookie

Dave1Zippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport disappointment

Sorry if I am out of sync with other comments on this subject, but the Eurosport coverage was diabolical. I went in the kitchen to get a quick snack to settle down to watch some fab sportscars and when I came back bike racing was on!!! Thought the channel had switched over to E2, but no.... The later broadcast was little better. I signed up to Sky because I assumed these races would be live - didn't Motors used to show the whole LMS races? Is this a blip - will Euro show more of the races?

Even worse I have to shell out extra to watch FIA GTs on bloody Setanta. Oh and where is ALMS (ok a little below par this year, but...). Sorry, rant over.
Old 11 May 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2460241)   #264
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Were Felbermayr not shown a black flag then ?

If not .... the penalty is a load of ...... !!!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 May 2009 at 07:11. Reason: Any more autocensor dodging and you know what will be coming your way.... Family Board!
Old 11 May 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2460243)   #265
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1Zippy View Post
Sorry if I am out of sync with other comments on this subject, but the Eurosport coverage was diabolical. I went in the kitchen to get a quick snack to settle down to watch some fab sportscars and when I came back bike racing was on!!! Thought the channel had switched over to E2, but no.... The later broadcast was little better. I signed up to Sky because I assumed these races would be live - didn't Motors used to show the whole LMS races? Is this a blip - will Euro show more of the races?

Even worse I have to shell out extra to watch FIA GTs on bloody Setanta. Oh and where is ALMS (ok a little below par this year, but...). Sorry, rant over.
I completely agree with your feelings. MotorsTV and Eurosport are notorious for caring F* all for their viewers and everything for their paying sponsors.
This makes them very vulnurable for financial "arguments" from Burnie's FIA and this is probably the reason why TV coverage of the major sportscarclasses is such a mess at the moment.(You know,F1 in financial troubles,sportscars having too much popularity and succes for Max and Burnie...)

Happened before though. This is the same way the FIA killed the ITCC back in the late nineties. Just by making the rights to air it astronomical.
Old 11 May 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2460250)   #266
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Were Felbermayr not shown a black flag then ?

If not .... the penalty is a load of bolix !!!
Yes the ACO are in a s*** state at the moment, giving penalties to teams having to change engines because of the **** poor fuel the ACO provides, and then randomly handing out DQ's for missing bodywork, i bet you next race a Ferrari will finish the race with half a door missing and no rear bumper and not get DQ'ed, they have no consistency and are making a mockery of themselves FIA style.
Old 11 May 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2460260)   #267
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1Zippy View Post

Don't bother with the Sky subscription, there's a £3.99 per month Eurosport online subscription which gives you live streaming of the entire LMS races. For Le Mans I expect the practice and qualifying sessions to also be covered, you can compliment it with RLM.

There's also been a free stream for FIA GT recently.
Old 11 May 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2460266)   #268
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Missing bodywork - due to a blown tire ...
And where is this stated? I see it nowhere, LMS,ACO, EI, Proton site, absolutely nowhere.

L.P.
Old 11 May 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2460340)   #269
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
here: (written by a project-lemans.de writter)

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

and a pic here:
http://file1.npage.de/001805/41/bilder/img_4684.jpg
Old 11 May 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2460347)   #270
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Excellent work of Tinseau and Boullion. But one chassis to be rebuilt for Pescarolo and ORECA, four weeks before the pesage.

No hurry for Pescarolo !! At Le Mans the #17 car will be the 908...
Old 11 May 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2460352)   #271
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If you want the fuel milage you need to invest in the technology.

Aston Martin are introducing a direct injection V12 at Le Mans that will increase power and be more fuel efficient.

Interesting
Old 11 May 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2460365)   #272
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Full story - also by Guido. Thats a joke

Old 11 May 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2460374)   #273
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Full story - also by Guido. Thats a joke

Google translation make me laugh! I reckon I could probably make more senese out of that with my school-learnt german!
Old 11 May 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2460376)   #274
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Google translation make me laugh! I reckon I could probably make more senese out of that with my school-learnt german!
well, didnt want to post the german one
Old 11 May 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2460381)   #275
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
well, didnt want to post the german one
I know lol no having a go.