Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2533199)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
’09 LMS Finale • Round 5 • Silverstone

...1,000KM of Silverstone
...September 11th–13th 2009

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Live Timing & Scoring
Hindy @ RLM or Player link
LMS site
Spotters Guide
Satellite
Weather
World Times

Qualifying on Sat. September 12th
at 1:45pm/13:45 local BST (GMT+1)

L.P.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2533202)   #2
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice work Horndawg.

Just had an E-mail from Silverstone circuit regarding access on the Friday and they say "Although the Friday is not a public day, a small number of spectators will be admitted free of charge."

So for all who were wondering it looks like you can go and spectate on the Friday for free.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2533203)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Looks like they have finally got round to a bit of PR:

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/78259
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2533208)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
Nice work Horndawg.

Just had an E-mail from Silverstone circuit regarding access on the Friday and they say "Although the Friday is not a public day, a small number of spectators will be admitted free of charge."

So for all who were wondering it looks like you can go and spectate on the Friday for free.
Please excuse the dumb question, but is this common for LMS events (not being able to spectate on Friday or Thurs.) or just particular to Silverstone?
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2533213)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why is Gigawave listed as French on the LMS site? Typo?

Chris
Old 2 Sep 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2533222)   #6
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Why is Gigawave listed as French on the LMS site? Typo?

Chris
Think it might be a typo.

I wonder if Gigawave will change the livery, compared to when the car ran in the FIA GT.

Tom.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2533269)   #7
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Looks like they have finally got round to a bit of PR:

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/78259
There's been posters up around my local town for a few weeks now (about 50 miles from Silverstone) plus my work printed 2 truckside adverts about 2 months ago so Silverstone has been plugging it for a while.

Can't wait for this one. This will be my first LMS meeting that I marshal at, after being a speccy for 5 years now (we get free entry all weekend plus the best seats in the house! I can thoroughly recommend joining the ranks of marshals).
Old 2 Sep 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2533296)   #8
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Please excuse the dumb question, but is this common for LMS events (not being able to spectate on Friday or Thurs.) or just particular to Silverstone?
No, must be particular this event. Usually grandstands and paddock are open at Le Mans Series events on a Friday.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2533380)   #9
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
was in birmingham the other weekend & the whole place was plastered with posters + the car at Euston looks awesome.

Apparently, tomorrow (thursday) there will be an "experience zone" at Euston - any idea what this might be?

Also, some of the blurbs claim the car at Euston is "one that will race at silverstone", can anybody confirm that? - I would have thought it was just a show car.

either way, since I work just by the station - many fag breaks tomorrow methinks.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2533395)   #10
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry list shows JWA with a Porsche on the grid, what's up with their great looking Aston Martin Vantage?

Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2533399)   #11
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
The entry list shows JWA with a Porsche on the grid, what's up with their great looking Aston Martin Vantage?

Hmm, maybe they still want to be running when the chequered comes out! Ooops, did I say that out loud?

L.P.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2533402)   #12
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Because Paul Daniels owns the Porsche and pays JWA to run it for him.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2533433)   #13
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, maybe they still want to be running when the chequered comes out! Ooops, did I say that out loud?

L.P.
Good point. But it is barely impossible for me to comprehend that some Teams are struggling in such a manner with the Aston Martin's like Drayson, Bell Motorsports, JWA...on the other hand we find successful ones like Modena... curious.

Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2533435)   #14
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally, some life from Airbus's favorite team. Guess the Porsche is an overall better choice to run, despite being less interesting.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2533445)   #15
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
We've attended all the races with the exception of the tests and our tickets include Friday (we get them directly using the passe form submitted to LMS). The first race at Barcelona was fantastic, all you had to do was go to the circuit site and print the coupon and the entire weekend was free. Fridays are a great day as you can actually get a nice free pit walk out of it. Can't offer info on Thursday as that's our travel day. Last year at Silverstone apparently Peugeot gave out a boat load of free tickets.

Carol
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2533447)   #16
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Good point. But it is barely impossible for me to comprehend that some Teams are struggling in such a manner with the Aston Martin's like Drayson, Bell Motorsports, JWA...on the other hand we find successful ones like Modena... curious.

Yes, but no-one has really had any success with the Vantage. Seems the Aston guys are good at 12 cyl motors but not so good at V8s.

DK
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2533448)   #17
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Hexis is the closest, but appear to be switching to DBR9 next year.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2533454)   #18
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
Last year at Silverstone apparently Peugeot gave out a boat load of free tickets.

Carol
They did, plus put a load of stuff on for the kids and the place was rammed with over 53000 attending. Though most left after Peugeot lost both titles within the first hour!!
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2533455)   #19
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Some fans they were....
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2533461)   #20
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like LAA is having a really bad run of luck since the 24 hours and one of their cars got punted by the Aston. Apparently their transporter just burned up on the highway with their car and all their spare parts. Here's the article on CorvetteMotorsports: http://www.corvette-motorsport.com/n...ures-again-116

DK
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2533463)   #21
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States

Good thing they clinched the GT1 LMS title.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:18 (Ref:2533486)   #22
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
[QUOTE=MJ_N_09;2533455]Some fans they were....[/QUOTE

To be honest, the tickets were given to Peugeot employees & their families-most looked like they'd never been to a race circuit before and probably wouldn't have lasted the full 6 hours anyway!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 01:10 (Ref:2533498)   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

Hmm, I am curious as to whom you think has had such success running the V8 Vantage GT-2?

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2533593)   #24
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Some fans they were....
To be honest, the tickets were given to Peugeot employees & their families-most looked like they'd never been to a race circuit before and probably wouldn't have lasted the full 6 hours anyway!
It doesn't really matter though- Peugeot presumbly got some PR benefit from doing it, and some of those people might justhave gone home thinking 'that was a good day out, I'll do that again sometime'

The first sportscar race I ever went to (and about the second race meeting I'd ever been to) was a Silverstone Group C race in about 1985 and I basically went because I'd won a couple of tickets in a competition in the local paper, (OK, I was already interested in cars and motorsport, but I was really more of a rally fan as a teenager). I've been hooked on sportscar racing ever since
Old 3 Sep 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2533608)   #25
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Drayson and JWA ran the Vantage, which is a problematic car. Bell tried to run the DBR9 without support from Prodrive, which is a bad idea.