Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Sep 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2543351)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Changes to facilities at Le Mans 2010

Things looking a little quiet on the forum at the moment so i wondered if anyone closer to Le Mans knows what is going to be different for 2010, the new stadium must be close to completion and in recent years the camping and other facilities have changed each year. has anyone heard anything yet?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2543954)   #2
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New stadium? I haven't heard anything about it, what/where is it?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2544724)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
New stadium? I haven't heard anything about it, what/where is it?
dont get too excited - it is the new stadium being built for the soccer team. It was partially constructed this year and it is adjacent to the Mulsanne a short way down from Tetre Rouge
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2551737)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
dont get too excited - it is the new stadium being built for the soccer team. It was partially constructed this year and it is adjacent to the Mulsanne a short way down from Tetre Rouge

Its based on a football stadium over here, like an exact copy but I cannot think which one
Old 1 Oct 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2551885)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bolton, isn't it?
Old 1 Oct 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2551905)   #6
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Yep thats it!
Old 10 Oct 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2558365)   #7
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would make sense considering Bolton and Le Mans are twinned together.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2558368)   #8
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That would make sense considering Bolton and Le Mans are twinned together.
Like one of them has a world famous race and one err, doesn't?
Old 10 Oct 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2558369)   #9
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Figure that the cabins in the cranes at said stadium probably had the best view going.

Only downside is it obscures some of the view of the Mulsanne from Tertre Rouge campsite.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2558388)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
Yeah, don't ask me why they are twinned together. Plenty of other places that would have been better. Bolton has Bolton Wanderers, Le Mans has 24 Heures Du Mans. Hmmm. I know which city has the bum end of the deal!
Old 10 Oct 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2558531)   #11
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Yeah, don't ask me why they are twinned together. Plenty of other places that would have been better. Bolton has Bolton Wanderers, Le Mans has 24 Heures Du Mans. Hmmm. I know which city has the bum end of the deal!

Didnt think they were twinned....just thought that they had copied the stadium thats all ....you have educated me!
Old 11 Oct 2009, 06:13 (Ref:2558767)   #12
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Verging off topic, I know, but the Reebok Stadium has better facilities than Rockingham Road!
Old 11 Oct 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2559033)   #13
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Verging off topic, I know, but the Reebok Stadium has better facilities than Rockingham Road!
Now I am impressed. Neither are as good as Pride Park .

Back to topic....
Old 16 Oct 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2562945)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
They both get drunk British 'fans' who have no intention of seeing any motorsport?
Old 6 Nov 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2576986)   #15
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Gingers4Justice;2559033]Now I am impressed. Neither are as good as Pride Park .[QUOTE]

Best stadium in the world and when they put the Starbucks in it was even better
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 6 Nov 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2577091)   #16
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
3rd rate coffee in a 3rd rate stadium? You really aren't selling this you know?
Old 8 Nov 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2578269)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
3rd rate coffee in a 3rd rate stadium? You really aren't selling this you know?
But there is always 1st rate football from the home side!
Old 21 Nov 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2586554)   #18
mrp1967
Rookie

mrp1967 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garage Vert campsite

Hi all,

Returning to LM next year after missing this year as my wife was expecting. Campsite spaces seem to be at an even bigger premium than before! We are in the process of booking - does anyone have any info on Garage Vert campsite, e.g. is it grass or tarmac, usual temporary toilet block facilities? Looks like a reasonable distance to the tribunes. I'd be grateful for any info. Thanks!
Old 23 Nov 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2587728)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have only camped in that area once and it was a long time ago, the real problem is that it is on a main walk way from the large campsites around Houx annex and if there is no one to stop them the through traffic of people can be annoying and security becomes a problem. It is also not that easy to get to viewing area's without a long walk. Facilities usual standard but no electricity and can get damp. Easy access to roads and close to the trams.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2587830)   #20
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Vert was just parking...
Old 23 Nov 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2587841)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I thought Vert was just parking...
I think vert camping was stopped for a few years but it is back on the Website now, the parking is inside the bugati circuit and camping outside towards tertre rouge corner.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2587946)   #22
markjtaylor
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Nutfield SURREY
markjtaylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been on various occasions to the actual 24, also the Historic, I am still amazed at the lack of numbers of toilets, worse still the state of those that are available. The shower/toilet block at the bottom of the main straight is not fit for animals.
On a more amusing note, we camped in the big car park opposite on a couple of occasions, where there is a portable loo block, maintained by a strange elderly woman. You pay for a few sheets of paper, then do your duties. She has a fetish about keeping the floor clean and using an air freshener. I remember on one occasion, her hand appeared under the door, with air freshener, my legs were sprayed with the stuff, Shortly afterwards she mopped the floor to include my feet while still in pole position, Be Warned.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2588041)   #23
mrp1967
Rookie

mrp1967 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I have only camped in that area once and it was a long time ago, the real problem is that it is on a main walk way from the large campsites around Houx annex and if there is no one to stop them the through traffic of people can be annoying and security becomes a problem. It is also not that easy to get to viewing area's without a long walk. Facilities usual standard but no electricity and can get damp. Easy access to roads and close to the trams.
Thanks GT6 - useful to know. If we end up there, hopefully we'll get to LM early enough to keep off the 'through routes'!
Old 27 Nov 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2590392)   #24
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think vert camping was stopped for a few years but it is back on the Website now, the parking is inside the bugati circuit and camping outside towards tertre rouge corner.
Yes, just near the new entrance very closed to the tram station. About works around the circuit here the stadium
http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...57b678b970c-pi
and inside the porsche curve the spot is bigger :
http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...6798685970b-pi
Old 1 Dec 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2592493)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp1967 View Post
Hi all,

Returning to LM next year after missing this year as my wife was expecting.

Doesn't that call for a and a 'must consult calendar next time I feel frisky' warning.......?