Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Apr 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2672032)   #1
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
LMS @ Hungaroring - Need some (quite a lot of) help

I posted this on the Trackside forum, and Tim the Grey replied to me there but also suggested I take this enquiry here to this forum, and since someone posted a thread about camping at the Spa round, I figured it is after all actually appropriate to post this here.

So... Long story short, I'm planning to go to the 1000km of the Hungaroring in August and also trying to drag a couple of mates along with me (we're not oldies if you want to know, by that time we'll all only be about aged 19 or 20, I'm turning 19 in July and am possibly the youngest). I have been to the F1 race in 2007 there and would like a taste of proper motorsport () on this occasion and at a much lower price than Bernie's overpriced tat. What I would like to know is:

- what's generally included in the various ticket categories for a LMS race and what price should I be expecting for them

- I'm also trying to find out if there's any possibility of lodging somewhere in the neighbouring villages to the circuit, but I'd also consider somewhere in Budapest and commuting by train since there might also be a possiblity of visiting the city if there's enough time for that

- also, are there people around here who may be interested in coming? Maybe we could mould our plans to those of someone from here who's also coming to Hungary for this race and snap up a quick Ten-Tenths mini-meet...
Old 13 Apr 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2672286)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
check here .. http://www.hungaroinfo.com/formel1/index_en.htm
I see there are camping sites around the circuit .. I suggest you camp ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Apr 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2672382)   #3
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi, Victor, I am going for sure, my friend, girlfirend and me are going for the race only, we'll drive to the track about the time for the warm up, stay till the end and drive home after, I am from Belgrade, and the track is only 3-4h away, from what i can see from your profile, you live preaty close too! By the way I used to live in bucharest, you have a great country
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 04:19 (Ref:2672446)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
My issue is that my driving license doesn't allow me to drive outside the country until the end of September, so if I'm going, I'll be going to Budapest by train, and there would still be the issue of transportation to the track from the train station (I'll probably sort that out later when I learn of the public transport routes to and from the circuit).
Old 14 Apr 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2672640)   #5
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you drive to the border and then your older friend drive in Hungary?
Old 14 Apr 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2672657)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I'm basically not allowed to take the car by myself that far, and it's not confirmed yet whether I'll be dragging anyone with me, some of my colleagues are interested but it's not 100% sure if they'll be coming along.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2672697)   #7
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If you don't figure anything out until the race, my friends and me would be happy to give you a lift from budapest to the circuit, but keep in mind that we'll be there only on race day
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.