Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2749572)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone LMS - Who's Going?

Not to be confused with the official race thread (in due course) and perhaps largely for the Brits.

Having missed 2009 (for reasons which now escape me...), I'm planning on going again this year. Unfortunately I have to work on the Friday, but I'm planning to be up early on Saturday morning to get there in good time for the 9am free practice session. I'm staying locally overnight (not in a tent this year!) so as to miss none of the action on Saturday or Sunday. As it's basically my only other track visit this year aside from Le Mans, I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2749576)   #2
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed last year too, am hoping to return this year, if i do i will drive up Sunday morning as i did in 2008 and drive home Sunday night.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2749587)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there again, going Saturday and Sunday (because missing the CER cars would be a crime!).
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2749609)   #4
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will most likely be there the whole weekend. I was devastated when I missed the race in 2008 and I still feel quite upset to this day that I missed it because it was such a good race. Last years race was a cracker, I can still remember the Oreca getting a huge tankslapper on through maggots and Becketts and Panis just about keeping it together, and lets not forget JCB's incredible speed in the Pescarolo. This years race is shaping up to be the best LMS race of the year, especially if the Astons turn up. Audi, Peugeot, Aston Martin, Rebellion, Signature, Beechdean and hopefully Drayson in P1? I'm there and I can not wait.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2749615)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Going to be there, certainly on the Sunday, but hopefully too on the Saturday (depending on claims on family car).

Most sadly I've got to be on a 1930 flight to Oslo out of Heathrow, so I suspect (know) I'll miss the end, which is galling beyond all forms of belief, but I blame myself for not putting LMS weekends into the work calendar. Something now rectified and an error which won't recur in 2011!

I jokingly mooted a 10/10ths get together at Silverstone in the Le Mans thread - is it worth having a go at trying for something this time round. Happy to go for bilateral hook ups if that doesn't work - or indeed rely on happenstance and serendipity - such as stumbling across Bentley03 last year.

Thoughts?
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2749616)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will only be there on the Friday. I can't make it on the Saturday due my couisons wedding and on the Sunday it the mother in laws to be 60th birthday. I am gutted to be missing the race after missing the big one in June but that's life I guess.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2749638)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First tick of my season every year. I shall be waving flags on Saturday and Sunday, maybe Friday as well if I can get there.

If there's a meet up and it can happen in a lunch break it would be great to catch up, otherwise look out for a flag marshal in the hat shown in my avatar and say hello. If it's hot, I'll be wearing an orange Worcester rugby shirt.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2749662)   #8
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there! Finish work at 1pm Sat. - get ferry to Hollyhead at 2.30 - arrive Silverstone ... before the pubs close hopefully ! then ferry home Sun night/Mon morning - back in Dublin for 6am - just in time for work.......
Old 24 Aug 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2749666)   #9
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there as an incident marshal on the Sunday (an inconsiderate friend has decided to turn 40 the same weekend so have to miss Saturday). Does anyone know what circuit is being used? I was under the impression that it was going to be the 'old' bridge GP layout but the LMS website is showing the new Arena circuit.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2749678)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shall be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Nearby hotel on the Friday and Saturday nights. Ayse is staying at the same hotel on the Saturday, so a couple of beers and a curry are most definitely on the cards for the Saturday evening.

Will undoubtedly see Rob on the Friday and Ian and others during the course of the Saturday and Sunday.

Hoping for some fine weather and looking forward to seeing the new Silverstone track layout for the first time.

Can't wait!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2749686)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Does anyone know what circuit is being used? I was under the impression that it was going to be the 'old' bridge GP layout but the LMS website is showing the new Arena circuit.
I'd heard Arena, but no idea where from. LMS website seems pretty clear, Silverstone doesn't seem to say.

Bad news on the support series again. After the extraordinarily dull Peugeot Spiders for two years and then last year's lamentable Formula Le Mans some bright spark has decided to put SPEED on the bill. Pleeease, no. 2x1.5 hours on Saturday plus nearly 2 hours on Friday. Are they deliberately trying to keep the crowds down on the other days?

Last edited by Woolley; 24 Aug 2010 at 20:24.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2749702)   #12
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RLM were pretty convinced it was the old GP layout with Bridge.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2749708)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
I'll be there! Finish work at 1pm Sat. - get ferry to Hollyhead at 2.30 - arrive Silverstone ... before the pubs close hopefully ! then ferry home Sun night/Mon morning - back in Dublin for 6am - just in time for work.......

Welcome to Ten Tenths mackteck.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2749711)   #14
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to be there but the 24 hours takes presedent and I don't think it would go down too well if I did both.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2749714)   #15
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The circuit map at the LMS site, and on the Silverstone poster, depict it as the new Arena layout.

L.P.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2749717)   #16
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The circuit map at the LMS site, and on the Silverstone poster, depict it as the new Arena layout.

L.P.
I'm there this Sunday so will make some enquiries!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2749765)   #17
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be attending my first LMS race at Silverstone. I haven't been to the track since the early eighties (for a British Motorcycle GP), and am really looking forward to seeing how things have changed.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2749782)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I will be there on Sunday
Old 25 Aug 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2749806)   #19
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to have gone to this for the first time, but I'm off on my hols that very day so it's a no go. Could have been the last chance to see Bridge even if there not using it.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2749828)   #20
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
Welcome to 10/10ths, a man after my own heart ! work hard play harder

I shall be there on Sunday, 3rd year going to Silverstone 1000 k's so if there is a 10/10ths I should be around.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2749892)   #21
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not me sadly, was there last year and loved it, someone is paying me to be in Mondello instead
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2749940)   #22
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday and Sunday for me. Early start on saturday to catch the qualifying but wish they had put the "speed" series in that slot instead...Sensational field, almost as good as Le Mans :-)
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2749944)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Where's the entry list?

[edit]found it[/edit]
Old 25 Aug 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2749992)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I most likely will be there Friday, but family commitments mean I miss the rest of it, dammit. Why people have to get married, I have NO idea...

Bentley, Ayse? Where are starting the Pub Crawl? I could squeeze a pint in!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2750040)   #25
Tris1976
Rookie

Wales
Carmarthen, South Wales
Tris1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting For The Post - again

I'm hoping to be marshaling there Friday through until Sunday, first time at the LMS... just waiting for confirmation through the post, spoke to Penny over email and should see something towards the end of next week.

Heading for the LMS based on many recommendations and am expecting a great weekend (if I do get to attend).