Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Sep 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2759107)   #301
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Two wheelguns for IMSA as opposed to one.

Because LMGTP had to.
thanks! what about the question of the tyres on the Bentley ?can you explain me more?they were obliged in the past to run tyres with less performance than lmp1 when they changed the rules?
Old 14 Sep 2010, 07:20 (Ref:2759111)   #302
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
You can read the old LMP rules (LMP900, LMP675, LMGTP) on http://www.mulsannescorner.com/2001LMP.pdf Go straight to article 13.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2759151)   #303
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pics

Took time off from my usual Historics stuff to come and watch my favourite 'Moderns' in action. The following 36 pics (in 6 posts) represent my efforts from all round the circuit from a spectator's view point. Incidentally, there seemed to be a spate of wheel shedding around the 4-5 hour mark. Any significance?:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5752wb.jpg   IMG_5825wb.jpg   IMG_5846wb.jpg  

IMG_5977wb.jpg   IMG_5990wb.jpg   IMG_6220wb.jpg  

Old 14 Sep 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2759154)   #304
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6224wb.jpg   IMG_6249wb.jpg   IMG_6281wb.jpg  

IMG_6305wb.jpg   IMG_6510wb.jpg   IMG_6530wb.jpg  

Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2759156)   #305
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nice shots John, but I am puzzled as to how you are able to use the attachment system here, is that accessible for moderators only? (I got something to post....)
Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2759161)   #306
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sorry, dont have the answer to that Pieter.

More!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6568wb.jpg   IMG_6583wb.jpg   IMG_6638wb.jpg  

IMG_6676wb.jpg   IMG_6719wb.jpg   IMG_6748wb.jpg  

Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2759166)   #307
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Sorry, dont have the answer to that Pieter.

More!:-
strange, because I can do it in the Historic Section. Will you open a thread on the CER? I will contribute. I got some nice shots of moving aerodynamic devices on a Mangusta.....
Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2759169)   #308
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yet more!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6811wb.jpg   IMG_6825wb.jpg   IMG_6866wb.jpg  

IMG_6937wb.jpg   IMG_6971wb.jpg   IMG_7025wb.jpg  

Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2759172)   #309
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
strange, because I can do it in the Historic Section. Will you open a thread on the CER? I will contribute. I got some nice shots of moving aerodynamic devices on a Mangusta.....
I wasn't there on the Saturday for the CER, believe it or not! No problem for you to start one though.

Nearly, there:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7077wb.jpg   IMG_7153wb.jpg   IMG_7241wb.jpg  

IMG_7579wb.jpg   IMG_7594wb.jpg   IMG_7652wb.jpg  

Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2759175)   #310
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I wasn't there on the Saturday for the CER, believe it or not! No problem for you to start one though.

Nearly, there:-
OK, I will when our full report will be ready, later today.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2759178)   #311
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Last Lot:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7847wb.jpg   IMG_7887wb.jpg   IMG_7947wb.jpg  

IMG_8035wb.jpg   IMG_8188wb.jpg   IMG_8257wb.jpg  

Old 14 Sep 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2759202)   #312
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
You can read the old LMP rules (LMP900, LMP675, LMGTP) on http://www.mulsannescorner.com/2001LMP.pdf Go straight to article 13.
many thanks
Old 14 Sep 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2759221)   #313
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great weekend (), great company (), but sadly not such a great race (), although there was certainly no shortage of incident.

Congrats to Peugeot (delighted to see Quick Nic get the win! ).
Congrats to Strakka (they really are in a class of their own with their LMP1.5 )
Congrats to Jody Firth and Warren Hughes (just the 3 race wins in one weekend! ).
Gutted for JMW, they did a fantastic job all weekend, were the class of GT2 and fully deserved to be on the top step of the podium.

Special thanks to Karl Patman at Strakka for that outstanding piece of (unplanned and unexpected) PR on Saturday afternoon. Cheers mate, you're a legend!

I have one major gripe. Why, why, why, when it was open on Saturday, was the new Becketts grandstand closed on Sunday? We made our way down there for the start of the race, only to find it completely locked and bolted (and that's how it remained for the entire race)!
Old 14 Sep 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2759313)   #314
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Our report is on, enjoy, especially the Saleen.....

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...e-1000-km.html
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2759326)   #315
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any word on what AUTOCON thought of the Ginetta ?

Great pic mate ..... the flock of Ginettas !!!
Old 14 Sep 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2759338)   #316
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Any word on what AUTOCON thought of the Ginetta ?

Great pic mate ..... the flock of Ginettas !!!
Perhaps Tomlinson was first in all orange, remember the Panoz???
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2759359)   #317
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Special thanks to Karl Patman at Strakka for that outstanding piece of (unplanned and unexpected) PR on Saturday afternoon. Cheers mate, you're a legend!

I have one major gripe. Why, why, why, when it was open on Saturday, was the new Becketts grandstand closed on Sunday? We made our way down there for the start of the race, only to find it completely locked and bolted (and that's how it remained for the entire race)!

Yes, I'd like to echo those thanks for the much enjoyed PR and my huge irritation at the locking of the Becketts stand. Totally ridiculous - and it wasn't down to any lack of security staff as two stands were open at Stowe and another at Copse without a yellow-coated bod in sight in either location. Perhaps they think that the punters only want to watch from the start finish straight and Copse? (Mind you, I thoroughly enjoyed my first experience of Arena B, I must say - and only a 2 minute walk from my car.... ).
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2759490)   #318
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a change of plan for my trip to Silverstone - my brothers had to cancel at the last minute for different reasons,so what was a lads weekend turned into a family weekend.
We were only there for Sunday, it was a really great day out - totally different vibe to LeMans, much more family friendly and not too busy:

my oldest girl with Alan - she met him last year in Sebring too - he said ' I know! I remember you!' made her day - great guy - too bad about the early failure

Old 14 Sep 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2759519)   #319
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7HhlW9x9B0&f

Davidson Take The Lead
Old 14 Sep 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2759531)   #320
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post
Many thanks for that clip Plex! I was at the race and didn't see the pass until now! Brave stuff!

I think the race coverage is repeated on Eurosport Wed nite at 7.45pm.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 02:08 (Ref:2759556)   #321
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good report.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...s-motor-racing

Good to see the attendance was 40k, I can only imagine that will increase notably next year with more manufactuers and time to develop the series.

Last edited by JAG; 15 Sep 2010 at 02:14.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2759629)   #322
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Good report.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...s-motor-racing

Good to see the attendance was 40k, I can only imagine that will increase notably next year with more manufactuers and time to develop the series.
And AMR coming with a serious effort this time!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2759931)   #323
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post

Thanks from me for this too! Nice bit of work by AD
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2759954)   #324
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Where did the 40k figure come from, couldn't see it in that report. Was busier than I had expected but based on what I've seen at other meetings it didn't seem like 40k. Of course always difficult to judge when the GP circuit is in use.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2759958)   #325
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is the 40K for the whole weekend? Even then, I'd also doubt the figure from the numbers I saw.