Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2909237)   #126
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
any video streams?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2909239)   #127
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
For all that 'movement' they must have replacements in mind. I just find it incredible that Le Mans is really coming down to lap on lap sector times. Being a safe pair of hands means nothing if you haven't got the speed. You have to be on it every lap.

But it you aren't a safe pair OR have the speed (Lamy/Wurz) then forget about it.
Wurz has the speed. thats the strange bit.

Lamy was slow and he knew he was getting axed which is why he spoke against Peugeot after Lemans
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2909240)   #128
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I heard it on RLM, Hindy was talking of the rumors flying around the paddock of Wurz, Lamy, Gene and Minassian. Doesn't appear to be anything more than that at this stage, but where there's smoke.......
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:08 (Ref:2909244)   #129
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
As I heard it on RLM, Hindy was talking of the rumors flying around the paddock of Wurz, Lamy, Gene and Minassian. Doesn't appear to be anything more than that at this stage, but where there's smoke.......
Yeah true their rumors. But im pretty sure Pedro Lamy is getting the boot if he has not already...
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2909247)   #130
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
For all that 'movement' they must have replacements in mind. I just find it incredible that Le Mans is really coming down to lap on lap sector times. Being a safe pair of hands means nothing if you haven't got the speed. You have to be on it every lap.

But it you aren't a safe pair OR have the speed (Lamy/Wurz) then forget about it.
I think we all knew about Lamy being done. I thought Wurz was doing a good job aside from his off, but who knows. I guess we'll have to go back and look at the times. But, yeah, I wonder if so much change is positive. Maybe the Peugeot Sport boys got a bit nervous in the boardroom after the race and promised changes that really won't have much impact?

Quote:
True, just rumors at this point. I think the Lamy rumor is pretty safe. But Wurz and crew? Wow. I figured Gene would be the next on the chopping block before Wurz and Nic, but maybe he is a good tester. I figured Wurz would be as well, but who knows.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2909249)   #131
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Yeah true their rumors. But im pretty sure Pedro Lamy is getting the boot if he has not already...
Yes, you're on the money there. He'd be getting the first DCM.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2909252)   #132
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Yes, you're on the money there. He'd be getting the first DCM.
And guess whoes replacing him. I think Loic Duval.

He's french and and he' fast....ask simon Pagenuad.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2909255)   #133
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And guess whoes replacing him. I think Loic Duval.

He's french and and he' fast....ask simon Pagenuad.
That is probably a good guess. The other Oreca driver is pretty good too. J-K Vernay may be an option as well. We'll see, who knows what is going on.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2909265)   #134
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
That is probably a good guess. The other Oreca driver is pretty good too. J-K Vernay may be an option as well. We'll see, who knows what is going on.
Or Allan McNish

Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2909267)   #135
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well they don't have to worry about Pedro's replacement for a while, @ PLM the earliest, if even then. Cruel way to get kicked out in the middle of Le Mans.

This'll be a total Ferrari domination in GTE, convinced of it. Good idea to separete Melo from Bruni, but Vilander should've been paired with Gimmi.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2909269)   #136
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well they don't have to worry about Pedro's replacement for a while, @ PLM the earliest, if even then. Cruel way to get kicked out in the middle of Le Mans.

This'll be a total Ferrari domination in GTE, convinced of it. Good idea to separete Melo from Bruni, but Vilander should've been paired with Gimmi.
Well now that BMW has no need to sandbag as they did at Spa(prior to Lemans).......Its a race between Ferrari and BMW.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2909270)   #137
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not grabbing me is this session. Just realised the tent from Le Mans is still strewn across my garage so off to clean it.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2909271)   #138
AGD
Veteran

JCB and the Signatech car off?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2909282)   #139
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Pretty uneventful first session. Didnt help that there was no video feed. was anyone able to watch the practice session? If it even aired
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2909293)   #140
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pretty uneventful first session. Didnt help that there was no video feed. was anyone able to watch the practice session? If it even aired
No feeds for RLM for half of the session I believe so hardly likely to be aired anywhere. This is something that still annoys me that the BBC can do F1 but we can't have any other racing series online somewhere.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2909305)   #141
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Pedro Lamy filling in For Priaulz. Seems like he has a seat at BMW for the moment.
Lamy was supposed to pair with Priaulx. Dirk Werner is replacing Priaulx.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2909318)   #142
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The pdfs of the first practice session are online: http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...php?circuit=23

There is a difference of 10 km/h in top speed between Peugeot (300 km/h) and Audi (290 km/h).

The #2 Audi drivers are quite a bit slower than their collegues. See http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...&id_circuit=23

Lamy's best lap was almost 2 sec slower than that of Dirk Werner.

Last edited by gwyllion; 1 Jul 2011 at 13:10.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2909327)   #143
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The pdfs of the first practice session are online: http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...php?circuit=23

There is a difference of 10 km/h in top speed between Peugeot (300 km/h) and Audi (290 km/h).

The #2 Audi drivers are quite a bit slower than their collegues. See http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...&id_circuit=23

Lamy's best lap was almost 2 sec slower than that of Dirk Werner.
The #2 guys did that at Lemans as well. Im sure they're just taking it easy and being careful in traffic. No need to go fast in the first practice session on a green track....
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2909331)   #144
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In free practice all teams test setups, Audi bring new package for sprint race so i suppose they are testing to find a good set up. I'm sure they 'll faster later this day.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2909348)   #145
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just wanted to post a reminder for those who are interested that FRC entries are due prior to qualifying tomorrow, so get your entries in!
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2909353)   #146
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Surprised there are no pics online yet.
Are there any noticeable evolution on the main prototypes? I wonder if Audi is running the exact same package they tested at Monza, and is Peugeot sprint package exactly the same they ran at Sebring? Which nose version of the Rebellion-Toyota is on track, and what about Oak Pescarollo's "bubble rear wing"?

Shame there is no video feed ATM, but, mostly, shame on SWMBO, who perfidly organised a trip in Belgium during one of the Holly ILMC race week-ends.
So during the race I'll be in a belgian bus, leading from an hotel to another one, whith no clue of what's happening at Imola...
Think about that guys, when you'll get angry about poor live timing, disconections and lag, it could be worse, yes, you could be stuck somewhere in a bus, with no internet conection at all.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:50 (Ref:2909360)   #147
AGD
Veteran

It is supposedly raining at Imola (or was a few minutes ago) according to Dagys. I wonder if that will impact the next practice session coming up soon.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2909362)   #148
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, there was/is a thunderstorm.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2909369)   #149
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Rain is great in the race but it just ruins practice sessions
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2909385)   #150
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting for rain to end or track to dry. RLM