Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jan 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4029063)   #151
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
One of those guys may be driving for us this year.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4029092)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
One of those guys may be driving for us this year.
Interesting! By the way, if he can't make it, I'm only a phone call away.......
Old 14 Jan 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4029098)   #153
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Interesting! By the way, if he can't make it, I'm only a phone call away.......
Good to know.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4029110)   #154
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
hang on Andrew, my record of driving mid engined sports cars in France is spotless, apart from that slight error of judgement a few years ago
Old 17 Jan 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4029596)   #155
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
No Grosjean and two danish drivers!
Very surprising.
Expect even more danish fans in the future!
Grosjean has driven for Renault in the past. This is might be why is is not on the Peugeot Shortlist.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4029623)   #156
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really!?
That would be awfully petty of them.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4029632)   #157
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
Grosjean has driven for Renault in the past. This is might be why is is not on the Peugeot Shortlist.
That didn't prevent Warwick or Jabouille from driving for Peugeot.
Or Prost (GP) to get Peugeot engines.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4033618)   #158
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Some sort of announcement coming next Monday. Must be drivers or renders of more final design. An actual car reveal would be rather surprising.

https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/sta...738054656?s=20

Last edited by deggis; 5 Feb 2021 at 16:34.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4033625)   #159
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's almost fun how peugeot picked ligier as technical partner while is actually ligier/onroak the first that needs one (italian hp composites)
Old 8 Feb 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4034030)   #160
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jean-Éric Vergne, Loïc Duval, Kevin Magnussen, Mikkel Jensen, Paul di Resta et Gustavo Menezes confirmed as 2022 Peugeot official drivers + Rossiter as reserve.
First tests expected by late/end of 2021.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4034031)   #161
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Presentation video with short skype interviews.

https://youtu.be/qqRdPOclWRQ
Old 8 Feb 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4034033)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Very interesting lineup, I’m sure Vergne and Magnussen will need time to get up to speed, but Duval should be ok. Di Resta will be one to watch. How the others will get on I don’t know, but they should be alrighty. We’ll see if Rossiter will get a chance to race it

Anyway look forward to see how testing goes
Old 8 Feb 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4034038)   #163
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Very interesting lineup, I’m sure Vergne and Magnussen will need time to get up to speed, but Duval should be ok. Di Resta will be one to watch. How the others will get on I don’t know, but they should be alrighty. We’ll see if Rossiter will get a chance to race it

Magnussen is getting good practice this season in IMSA.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4034039)   #164
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Do not worry about Magnussen, he just did his first 24h last weekend (Daytona) and have a complete IMSA season here in 2021.
If that is not enough, he have his dad to pull experience from.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4034046)   #165
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Vergne has had plenty of practice in LMP2 at least. 3 seasons in LMP2 with G Drive including Le Mans runs, and if I remember rightly there was a run at Le Mans with that quirky little Manor P2 entry before that

I'd imagine thats about the same as di Resta, if not maybe a little less

Menezes has plenty of P2 and P1 experience (with Rebellion)

Duval needs no justification

Magnussen is a little low on prototype experience but showed himself pretty solidly in both Daytona races (taking the lead with a pretty solid move at the start of the Roar race)

Jensen is obviously the younger blood here, but has spent the last few years solidly building experience in ACO racing, so he'll be interesting to watch
Old 8 Feb 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4034049)   #166
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting, wasn't Menezes also announced as a Glickenhaus driver?
Old 8 Feb 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4034067)   #167
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Interesting, wasn't Menezes also announced as a Glickenhaus driver?
Yes, but presumably only for 2021/22.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4034101)   #168
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There is Danish money involved?
Old 8 Feb 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4034110)   #169
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Yes, but presumably only for 2021/22.
I guess a guy with the talent and ability of a pro driver but with the money of gentleman driver will be in high demand. Menezes is just that.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4034122)   #170
canaglia
Veteran

Is Menezes a paying driver?
Anyway, Jensen aside who I basically never heard about him, all other drivers but Magnussen so far, are top lmp1/2 drivers and some of them like Vergne and Magnussen used to deal with ERS managment too.
Can't say there is a real superstar there since 2021 Duval isn't exactly the same op driver of 8-10 years ago, but average level is really high which is good considering during 908HDi-908 years peugeot used to have much superior drivers like Pagenaud and Bourdais mixed to not that good and mistake prone ones like Wurz or Minassian.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4034123)   #171
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
There is Danish money involved?
Nah we are just that good of a motorsport nation
Old 8 Feb 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4034151)   #172
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Jean-Éric Vergne, Loïc Duval, Kevin Magnussen, Mikkel Jensen, Paul di Resta et Gustavo Menezes confirmed as 2022 Peugeot official drivers + Rossiter as reserve.
First tests expected by late/end of 2021.
All have F1 of LMP1 experience, with the exception of Jensen, good line up.
I've not seen a lot of Jensen, but seems odd hiring a guy with only 1 year of LMP2 experience, and that coming after only a couple of years of LPM3 experience.

Was he that rapid in LMP2s last year? I suppose he must have been.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 8 Feb 2021 at 18:36. Reason: edit - spelling
Old 8 Feb 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4034157)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
All have F1 of LMP1 experience, with the exception of Jensen, good line up.
I've not seen a lot of Jensen, but seems odd hiring a guy with only 1 year of LMP2 experience, and that coming afte ronly 1 year of LPM3 experience.

Was he that rapid in LMP2s last year? I suppose he must have been.
Yeah, having watched virtually all of the ELMS last season, it was obvious to me he was going places... This is quite a jump though.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4034169)   #174
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, having watched virtually all of the ELMS last season, it was obvious to me he was going places... This is quite a jump though.
Thanks, I assumed he must have been excellent to get that jump up.

I normally watch the ELMS, but I didn't catch any of it last year, so his quality had passed me by.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4034175)   #175
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And he will probably have another 2 years in LMP2 anyway.