Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:21 (Ref:4008602)   #276
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
The #22 didn't sustain enough damage for my taste.

Would've preferred to see him upside down.
Busted oil pan and he's out.

Fuel concerns with lots.

Green in 1 lap. Another caution in 1.5 laps?
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:25 (Ref:4008604)   #277
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope, 3/4 and now Chase and diBenedetto are done. They both need fuel

It's Hamlin's to lose I think
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:30 (Ref:4008605)   #278
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
21 stayed out. 9 in. Let the goat show continue!!
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:31 (Ref:4008606)   #279
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's Hamlin's to lose I think
Was just thinking the same, he'll be hard to beat.

I wouldn't mind him not winning, actually - he has enough trophies Bring on an upset instead, now that so many top cars are either out or at the back of the field.
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:35 (Ref:4008607)   #280
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any bets on can we do this?
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:38 (Ref:4008608)   #281
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hamlin by feet at best. Letting that run was a good finish

Not so fast my friend, review coming. Hamlin may be out for that, he stayed low on the apron to make the pass. Think that's different than the previous on the apron but changing would suck.

And the review says Hamlin. I don't think I could argue either call honestly
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:41 (Ref:4008609)   #282
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
None of the results I wanted but b/c dega. Craziness
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:41 (Ref:4008610)   #283
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh well, congrats to Hamlin. You can tell he's very experienced and very good at the plate tracks - he let the others get into a brawl and took advantage of it.

Kinda cheesing it though, taking full advantage of being pushed below the yellow line.

But hey, at least Logano got wrecked so it's all good
Old 5 Oct 2020, 02:04 (Ref:4008622)   #284
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ironically it was the 2002 EA Sports 500 at Talladega which was the LAST time a Cup race ran caution flag free...miss Winston Cup so much. To get that back though we need stages to go away, championship be a season long points race again, and perhaps the USA government can repeal the tobacco sponsorship bans...where are the lobbyists!!
Old 5 Oct 2020, 09:01 (Ref:4008646)   #285
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
NASCAR has lost a lot of it's core fanbase by introducing things like stages and the chase. If they want the fans back, they need to get rid of gimmicks like that, instead of sticking it's head in the sand
Old 5 Oct 2020, 10:35 (Ref:4008657)   #286
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
NASCAR has lost a lot of it's core fanbase by introducing things like stages and the chase. If they want the fans back, they need to get rid of gimmicks like that, instead of sticking it's head in the sand
And while they're at it, they should get rid of the yellow line rule as well.
Old 5 Oct 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4008663)   #287
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I swear every race i watch its either Hamlin or Harvick that win. I want to see some unexpected winners, some underdogs.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 14:05 (Ref:4008839)   #288
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, take that up with NASCAR, since the lack of practice and qualifying has clearly benefited them and a couple of others (not that it matters, since both are, especially Harvick, are threats every weekend).
Old 6 Oct 2020, 16:21 (Ref:4008857)   #289
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yes, because the lack of practice and driver's showing their ability to adapt and tune the car by the seat of their pants should by all means be removed.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 00:58 (Ref:4008929)   #290
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think it's a reason why Kyle Busch has struggled, while Harvick and Hamlin (who is Busch's teammate) have excelled.

Ironically, the lack of practice at the race weekends does put a lot in the drivers' and crew chiefs' hands (something that people have harped on in technology dominated racing) as far as adapting, as well as the guys at the shop who do the simulations for set up (same stuff happened with the private testing restrictions until everyone adapted).
Old 7 Oct 2020, 21:34 (Ref:4009067)   #291
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Joey is a menace.

Come on Chase!! He is dropping on the bottom. Needs some help.
I think Logano and Blaney (earlier in the year) are just plain stupid and dangerous.

The guys who design these cars to be able to take so much damage without the drivers being badly hurt are some sort of miracle workers in my books. Kurt getting airborne scared me. And I'm not the poor soul in the car!
Old 7 Oct 2020, 21:43 (Ref:4009072)   #292
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
If the Woods don't sign Matty D back on for next year I'd say they're nuts having watched Dega, the lad definitely has what it takes and sooner or later is going to get that break through victory.

Bubba even impressed for a while, seems Preece was determined to get him and succeeded second time of asking.

Strongest Ryan Newman run I remember since the 500 accident, looks like a man who has his mojo back... Daytona 500 winner 2021? I hope.

I reckon KFB should have stayed in bed. He's gonna be out of it unless he pulls a rabbit out of the Roval hat.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4009581)   #293
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Highly recommend catching the Xfinity coverage if you can find it. It was hilarious at Charlotte this evening.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 22:26 (Ref:4009584)   #294
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Highly recommend catching the Xfinity coverage if you can find it. It was hilarious at Charlotte this evening.
Was just about to post about the race. It sure is something.

The best part? NASCAR sticking it to FIA, letting the Xfinity Series run in harder rain than FIA has let Formula 1 run in, well, foreeeeeever.

16 laps to go, can't imagine they'll stay green the whole way.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 23:03 (Ref:4009596)   #295
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
That was awesome. Never thought a freakin' NASCAR race would be the best rain race I've seen in quite a few years.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 23:21 (Ref:4009600)   #296
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh damn, I missed the end? Thought it was off when NBC didn't have it. I was watching trackside at Road Atlanta but then drove home and didn't see it on.

It was weird getting darker and darker and then they appeared out of the mist with no headlights. The drain shots were crazy, inches of water flowing in
Old 11 Oct 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4009837)   #297
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Oh damn, I missed the end? Thought it was off when NBC didn't have it. I was watching trackside at Road Atlanta but then drove home and didn't see it on.

It was weird getting darker and darker and then they appeared out of the mist with no headlights. The drain shots were crazy, inches of water flowing in
Yep, the last 16 laps or so. Kept getting darker and the rain picked up back up, so it was pretty crazy. Allmendinger and Briscoe had a great battle for the lead as well.

Apparently there's a risk/chance of rain during the Cup race as well. I'm kinda, sorta hoping it will
Old 11 Oct 2020, 16:08 (Ref:4009879)   #298
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would love to see the Grand National (xfinity) series drastically increase their road racing schedule. It could become a place for road race ringers to run full time. Win race and get into the "playoffs" for the championship. Does the series give drivers an automatic ticket for winning a race? Allmendinger is certainly playoff worthy. I'm not sure if he is in it or not though.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 16:33 (Ref:4009895)   #299
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Yep, the last 16 laps or so. Kept getting darker and the rain picked up back up, so it was pretty crazy. Allmendinger and Briscoe had a great battle for the lead as well.

Apparently there's a risk/chance of rain during the Cup race as well. I'm kinda, sorta hoping it will
It will be the first time for Cup. They've had rain equipment a couple years but never a need to use it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Would love to see the Grand National (xfinity) series drastically increase their road racing schedule. It could become a place for road race ringers to run full time. Win race and get into the "playoffs" for the championship. Does the series give drivers an automatic ticket for winning a race? Allmendinger is certainly playoff worthy. I'm not sure if he is in it or not though.
The season is already in the playoffs, this was a 4 driver cut race round, and he was just running the event as a stand alone event for the team. Think Cup stands to cut drivers from the playoffs today as well.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 18:54 (Ref:4009927)   #300
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I missed the start but the Cup guys started the refund with wet tires for first time ever. A couple switched to slicks at the first stop right now. Will be interesting.

The Bush sisters don't understand wet track means you can't boot it in each corner. Crazy wheelspin on Kyle's onboards. More than others

Last edited by broadrun96; 11 Oct 2020 at 18:59.