Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jan 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3949420)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
MASTERS DONINGTON HISTORIC W/END

Includes HGPCA.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 09:21 (Ref:3987854)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Masters Historic Donington

Hey all

looking forward to this weekends event. Does anyone have any ideas on numbers/ entry lists yet?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3987889)   #3
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I searched yesterday but couldn't find anything anywhere, but have the Timetable, although you probably have that.

https://msvstatic.com/documents/Time...0%20%20(1).pdf

I'm thinking of going on the Sunday, will need to get tickets in advance I think. I'm already like a 10 year old at Xmas in anticipation, just need to sort a few things before confirming. I'll keep searching and will post here if I find anything.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3987928)   #4
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Entry lists: http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...try%20List.pdf

Pretty modest, which is to be expected.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3987950)   #5
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many thanks for these. Very modest as you say, but not too surprising. Hopefully a flurry of late entries, as ever being the optimist !!!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3987959)   #6
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Many thanks for these. Very modest as you say, but not too surprising. Hopefully a flurry of late entries, as ever being the optimist !!!
I guess Masters will suffer more from lack of overseas entries than the other clubs. Also their entry fees are pretty steep
Old 13 Jul 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3988026)   #7
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Entry List!

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...try%20List.pdf

Didn't notice the other thread!

Last edited by Willmaz223; 13 Jul 2020 at 17:30.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3988028)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Yeh pretty modest as you say...overseas thing is a big one. Tbh I’m just glad to be getting out of the house and seeing cars in action! Think we all need to be realistic at this stage and be glad for what we get!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3988035)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Be grateful for small mercies I'd guess . An entry list this thin , and presumably no paddock access either, means I'm glad my Sunday ticket was only 15 quid...
Old 13 Jul 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3988037)   #10
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in two minds about attending but as someone else we should be grateful for what we have got. 6 weeks ago i'd have been over the moon to be able to attend anything like this to put things in perspective.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3988051)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Yup. Il be attending. 15 quid for a day out with the parents that I haven’t seen in months.....it could be a track day for all I care!

Tbh MSVR should be commended for going to the lengths they have to get spectators at the track...not all venues and sports have done that so it would be good to show support
Old 13 Jul 2020, 21:53 (Ref:3988110)   #12
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Yup. Il be attending. 15 quid for a day out with the parents that I haven’t seen in months.....it could be a track day for all I care!

Tbh MSVR should be commended for going to the lengths they have to get spectators at the track...not all venues and sports have done that so it would be good to show support
Agree MSVR should be commended I was at Brands for the HSCC and it was as expected well organised. So come on guys/gals show your support.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3988209)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Masters Entry List!

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...try%20List.pdf

Didn't notice the other thread!
Threads merged.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3988212)   #14
JTN358AT
Rookie

JTN358AT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did go to the MGCC meeting at Donington last weekend. MSV have done a great job of getting spectators back in. Parking was on the tarmac lake, next to the grandstand. Tickets were scanned efficiently, the loos cleaner than ever and the newly mown grass emerald green. MSV, better than ever, thanks Jonathan! Weather looks like it will be pleasent for the Masters and the grids are high quality, if not quantity.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3988223)   #15
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep entries are quite low but plenty of quality.
If you seek a few more cars on track, Snetterton can offer you 324 entries on the 200 circuit. Racing will be frenetic too.
Thanks for the choice JP!
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:45 (Ref:3988314)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of entries so far in most of the programme.

Shame I can't make it as it was on my original 'must attends' list at the turn if the year.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3988690)   #17
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to Masters Historic F1 this weekend. As a usually spoilt media person I'm also looking forward to shooting through the wire.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2960.jpg  
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3988715)   #18
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I’ve only been to Donington once, in 2014, so tips on photo spots and getting around would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:18 (Ref:3988730)   #19
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I’ve only been to Donington once, in 2014, so tips on photo spots and getting around would be much appreciated. Thanks!
PistonClick is your friend ... https://www.pistonclick.com/circuit-...ingtonParkpage

MSV website is helpful for areas free for day visitors.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3988744)   #20
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Thank you! I thought if you and your great guides after I posted. Looks like the infield is the place to be...
Old 16 Jul 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3988749)   #21
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington has just confirmed that the Coppice Tunnel will be the only access to the infield. A bit of a walk from the Tarmac Lake parking behind Redgate.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3988750)   #22
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Thank you! I thought if you and your great guides after I posted. Looks like the infield is the place to be...

to be fair one of the best spots is at Hollywood, especially if you can get in the grandstand. you can see all the way from redgate, down craners, old hall and up to mcleans.

one of the best views in UK motorsport along with the grandstand on Paddock Hill at Brands Hatch
Old 16 Jul 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3988764)   #23
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Donington has just confirmed that the Coppice Tunnel will be the only access to the infield. A bit of a walk from the Tarmac Lake parking behind Redgate.

This is getting deeply tiresome. Pubs and cafes are open, shops, hairdressers and cafes . But I can't walk in the open air across a large expanse of tarmac , then through a wide tunnel from the paddock .
Old 16 Jul 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3988774)   #24
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
This is getting deeply tiresome. Pubs and cafes are open, shops, hairdressers and cafes . But I can't walk in the open air across a large expanse of tarmac , then through a wide tunnel from the paddock .
Not difficult to understand. Pits and paddock off limits to spectators to satisfy MSUK rules to protect competitors....the infield tunnel is in the pits so out of bounds.

Just enjoy the walk and be grateful we are out of the house!
Old 16 Jul 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3988799)   #25
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Is it possible to walk all the way round the outside of the track in clockwise direction (Hollywood/Craner/Hairpin/Starkey's/Schwantz/McLans/Coppice)?