Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:14 (Ref:721734)   #1
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO Results pack

Just got mine through today.

I wasn't sure what to expect, as I hadent joined the ACO before.... Good grief!

What a mass of stats. Lap-by lap incident throughout the race, as well as hourly results update and the final result.

Next year I'll know no to hake the hourly updates from the ACO marquee...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:27 (Ref:721757)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I got mine on Monday. The stats are quite useful. I've been getting the pack since 1997 (I think).
Old 18 Sep 2003, 00:32 (Ref:722573)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot all about that! I don't have mine yet. Hope it comes soon. I want that frame-ready photo of the Bentley Boys!
Old 18 Sep 2003, 02:38 (Ref:722606)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Any information on trap speeds, top speeds, section speeds?
Old 18 Sep 2003, 05:27 (Ref:722659)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly not.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 07:26 (Ref:723809)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could one of you outline just what you get for joining the ACO?
I'm always a little dubious as I have joined a couple of clubs/organisations in the past and got very little in return!
Old 19 Sep 2003, 07:37 (Ref:723820)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Paul, here is what I get (even if, each, year, I say to myself that it's really to expensive, but I reconduct each time my subsription) :
- special prices for tickets (and it's worth it if you go to the race, buying grandstands tickets just to mention this)
- free access to ACO G/S and restaurant during PQ and other races
- news letter (not very informative )
- stats after the race (loads of)
- a sticker on your windscreen (what for ?)
- more consideration from ACO when you order tickets ? Not even !!!

I'll pay again next year, though... it's paid back by the special prices of tickets, free entrance to some races, G/S, special prices for ACO annual, etc...
Old 19 Sep 2003, 08:36 (Ref:723871)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you know if membership will have any advantages with the LMES races as they are the organisers?
Old 19 Sep 2003, 11:27 (Ref:724049)   #9
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab,

Its also worth remembering that you cna get into the ACO enclosure behind the village all throughout the racing. Not only are there seats but also a widescreen TV (showing the race), bar and food served all day.

Now, I know you'll all hate for me going to Le mans and watching some of the race on the TV screen, but in 2001 is was too wet and in 2003 it was too hot for me, and I was starting to falter in the midday heat.

It's also a good place to meet up.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 11:51 (Ref:724083)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On tickets, you get reduced prices on up to 6 encintes generales plus (in theory at least) preferential treatment on tickets for the ACO grandstand. The first year I joineed (97, I think), it also gave free and exclusive access (sadly now gone) to the Welcome area and, more importantly, the "Welcome" building (as I tend to call it).

If I remember rightly, for those who drive in France, you also get a year's roadside assistance like AA or RAC.

Having said all of this, I renew my subscription purely for two things - the List des Engages (the sort of press book showing all the details of entries, cars, drivers etc) and the results book which I've just received. Oh, and you get a free programme thrown in as well.....
Old 19 Sep 2003, 11:53 (Ref:724089)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And you forgot to mention the Entry List and free program. The Entry List is worth the price of joining up for me, because it contains all the drivers and specs on the cars, and includes which drivers are unmarried and what their Sign is. (That is absolutely true!) They are perfect for autographs if you go to ALMS races and the drivers love them.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 12:18 (Ref:724116)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
And you forgot to mention the Entry List and free program.

Not me Liz.....
Old 19 Sep 2003, 12:19 (Ref:724118)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
why would you be interested in whether they are married or not Liz?
Old 19 Sep 2003, 13:06 (Ref:724178)   #14
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how much does this cost a year?
Old 19 Sep 2003, 13:21 (Ref:724189)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
how much does this cost a year?
85/90 € if I can remember...