Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:35 (Ref:923097)   #1
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
test day poster on ACO's site

I open a new thread, but it may be merged later with another one

seen on ACO's site : the test day poster : Audi!

nice looking anyway
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:38 (Ref:923106)   #2
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not surprising!

Does look nice though.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:41 (Ref:923112)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aaaah, It's splendid, isn't it Ayse ?
(At least there is no B2K on it...)
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:04 (Ref:923214)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, jolly splendid indeed.

But I think it ought to have the Spinnaker Clandesteam car on it......
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:10 (Ref:923224)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the poster looks great! I'll have to figure out a way to get one. I'd rather see the Champion Audi there, but oh well. By the way Ayse, never asked, but what makes the Dallara more visually appealing over the Audi? They're both open top LMP's and both are somewhat similar in the overall concepts. Anyways, I like them both.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:44 (Ref:923254)   #6
eiffel
Rookie

eiffel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The poster looks nice
but why didn't they replace the number 1 by 8 or 88 ? (the right numbers for the Veloqx's Audis)
Old 29 Mar 2004, 20:00 (Ref:923264)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Because they have just released the after event picture of the winner . So its going to be the Nishy Audi that wins this year !!!
Old 29 Mar 2004, 20:24 (Ref:923279)   #8
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
looking at it again, seems to me McNish is going straight into the wall
Old 30 Mar 2004, 05:52 (Ref:923589)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Nice, but ther red number is more "Ã* la Sebring" than "Ã* la Le Mans"... odd mistake...

And they missed a prefect year to show up other cars - with the Audi... Courage ? Pescarolo ? GTs ?

Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
ROFL !

Last edited by Fab; 30 Mar 2004 at 05:54.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 07:16 (Ref:923617)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
By the way Ayse, never asked, but what makes the Dallara more visually appealing over the Audi?

I guess its just a personal aesthetic thing with me. From the time of the "second generation" 2000 R8, I've never cared much for its looks. A lot of open LMPs look better - a good example being the Courage - particularly in Pesca's colours from last year. Just one of those things, I guess - its just never pressed my button, I suppose.....
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:44 (Ref:923795)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are no other cars in the background either.

I agree it would have been nice to feature a different car. However isn't it dependent on who pays? Although I think I am basing this back on the tickets and posters back when Nissan had their big push in 1990.

Also, is it me, but I can't find a decent size poster to set as my desktop background
Old 30 Mar 2004, 12:35 (Ref:923906)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
and worse...he could actually be going round the circuit in the wrong direction!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 05:37 (Ref:924788)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
and worse...he could actually be going round the circuit in the wrong direction!
That's it that's it !!! He just span !
Old 31 Mar 2004, 15:57 (Ref:925377)   #14
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect we will see more cars on the race w/end poster (or the little errors corrected at least).
Old 31 Mar 2004, 19:11 (Ref:925556)   #15
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I really want to wish the drivers themselves all the best, but if parking the Audi into the wall is a serious option, can I sign up for that ?
Old 31 Mar 2004, 19:14 (Ref:925559)   #16
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How could they ever place a Pescarolo on the poster.....that would be too obvious, since they already gave them two entries...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 21:16 (Ref:925663)   #17
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really good poster. Change from the Bentley's.

PRF
Old 31 Mar 2004, 21:40 (Ref:925697)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I looked for them when I was there last year and never saw one. Where can a person get an actual poster like that?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 05:09 (Ref:925962)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I looked for them when I was there last year and never saw one. Where can a person get an actual poster like that?
I think you could ask at the "Welcome" office for press officers... but I'm not sure...

The posters are displayed in the street quite far away from Le Mans in France : Paris, Orléans, Nantes...
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:57 (Ref:926058)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got one without trying! I think you get them with the program now? Or maybe the ACO pack? If not I reckon most of those stalls that sell the programs have them (?)

Unless we are talking PQ posters? I'm not sure about this.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Apr 2004 at 07:58.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 12:47 (Ref:926287)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I meant the PQ poster. You are right about the race poster which BTW is no longer available free in the race shop.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 18:17 (Ref:926638)   #22
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think it's a view from the karting curve which is negatively banked. It's very banked on the poster !
Old 8 Apr 2004, 17:40 (Ref:934621)   #23
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
for those wanting a larger one, here's one, 800x552, from Infocourse
http://www.infoscourse.org/images/sa...preli1_800.jpg

Last edited by bernard b; 8 Apr 2004 at 17:42.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 12:46 (Ref:953497)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have a copy. Given to me by Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx (as well as the answer to the numbering question....... )
Old 27 Apr 2004, 13:09 (Ref:953521)   #25
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go on then - do tell....