Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Apr 2004, 09:17 (Ref:928198)   #26
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.mcestoril.pt/le-mans/index_gb.html

If you look at the entry lists from the 70's on this site there is a list of cars not accepted into the 24 hrs then. If accurate it makes interesting reading, Franz Konrad didn'nt have much luck then either! his 935 was turned down in 78.

It seems that there are more theads on who DID NOT get in the race than those who did. I think its time to move on, as unless the ACO release a list, it is pure speculation on how even tried to enter.

Last edited by Nordic; 3 Apr 2004 at 09:19.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 13:36 (Ref:931044)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I posted this thread just to see what many of us thought about who entered, and not necessarily to take a shot at the ACO....

I thought it was a rather fun excercise.....

But we'll be talking plenty about who IS on the list as well....I still think it will be a very strong field and the race will be an ecxiting one...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 13:50 (Ref:931060)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Why is the XL Racing Ferrari before the RFH Dome on the substitutes' list ? I really can't explain...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 14:52 (Ref:931138)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
More to the point is ..... why did Seikel Motorsport get an entry and a reserve too . It was the same last year and maybe the year before ?! :confused:
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:07 (Ref:931258)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They must Know Someone.

I've sent e-mails to a couple of the people on the list y'all put up that were not invited and will let you know if I get any feedback.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 05:45 (Ref:931833)   #31
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
They must Know Someone.
try to know who !

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I've sent e-mails to a couple of the people on the list y'all put up that were not invited and will let you know if I get any feedback.
Thanks for that Liz ! And for the great job you did in the Sebring's coverage !
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:05 (Ref:932243)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're welcome -- our traffic was up 30% last month which means we are doing something right.

I've received a response from Michael Lewis and posted it in a separate thread. I did tell him I was asking for something I could quote, so I trust I am not revealing any secrets. He's a very thoughtful and intelligent man and I think the ACO ought to take to heart what he says.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:06 (Ref:932568)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read the thread "Michael Lewis Speaks," Liz.....

Thanks for helping us by asking for the thoughts of the teams who did not get invites....

Mr. Lewis was quite candid, but I also felt he was diplomatic....a difficult thing to be when faced with such a disappointment, and i share his sentiments....

Thanks again, and keep us posted on what you hear from others....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:36 (Ref:932599)   #34
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Why is the XL Racing Ferrari before the RFH Dome on the substitutes' list ? I really can't explain...
Olivier Pla as Ferrari XL driver makes the french more powerful than RFH !!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:44 (Ref:932613)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And who the heck is he when he's at home?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:45 (Ref:932616)   #36
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why should two identical Domes get in before the lone 550 GT? Makes sense to me to have the XL car before the second RFH...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:53 (Ref:932629)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not to me it doesn't. Lammers has justified a two-car prototype entry for a number of years. XL don't quite have the same pedigree....... They were fortunate to get an entry last year and achieved zilch in the race, rising to the dizzy heights of 29th (out of the 32 cars still running) when the car retired.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:33 (Ref:932686)   #38
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I entirely agree Ayse

Lammers and his team have supported LM for years and have always fielded immaculate cars which have taken the fight to the Audis.

Fingers crossed we get the chance to see both cars out again this year.

As for the 550 - I could probably name you 20 cars more deserving of a place in the race than that one (and that's just in the GT class!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:40 (Ref:932697)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick B
Why should two identical Domes get in before the lone 550 GT? Makes sense to me to have the XL car before the second RFH...
We already have 5 Ferrari's !!! The Dome could maybe take the fight to Audi .
Old 6 Apr 2004, 20:18 (Ref:932731)   #40
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree entirely with Ayse and Graham, I know I shouldn't but hope someone else drop's out so we can get the dome in.

Just out of interest (and meaning no offence to our french chums) is XL a french team? If it is, ACO bias again?

What about the konrad saleen being added to the reserve list? It's a long shot but if we loose a couple of GTS ferraris.....

Last edited by Try Hard; 6 Apr 2004 at 20:20.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 23:18 (Ref:932898)   #41
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dosn't XL run the full FIA GT series? I thought they even had a podium finish in Ngt last year...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 00:32 (Ref:932929)   #42
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats AutoPalace. not XL
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:20 (Ref:933013)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
XL Racing is a good french team, entering the FFSA championship. Notice that I didn't say that they deserve an entry at LM...

Quote:
Originaly post by Try Hard
Just out of interest (and meaning no offence to our french chums) is XL a french team? If it is, ACO bias again?
I'm starting to think that you may be right. Someone in the forum mentionned that the second RFH was out to let a best result the Pescarolo cars ; possible too... I'm really sad of the fact that it could be, and feel ashamed for ACO...

All this could be due to the lack of interrest by french's public, and the ACO's try to bring it back - silly move, IMHO.

Last edited by Fab; 7 Apr 2004 at 05:21.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 08:35 (Ref:933134)   #44
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You all may be right and it has some drawbacks...

... such as a division/dispersion of national financial capacities which could be more useful concentrated on only 3 to 5 projects.

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 7 Apr 2004, 08:46 (Ref:933141)   #45
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone in the forum mentionned that the second RFH was out to let a best result the Pescarolo cars ; possible too...
If that was the case, a couple of Audis could be lost too

Maybe by having so many Courages in, will mean that that the car/engine will get better as the development cost can be split,this may have long term benefits.

I thought the XL 550 was sold? this must be a new car and hopefully better, still would have prefered the 2nd tvr before it.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 09:42 (Ref:933180)   #46
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Pescarolo's cars are not considered as Courage but as Pescarolo.

Henri made so many modifications that Yves Courage refuses to give his name to these cars and Peescarolo is niow the official manufacturer of his 2 cars which could already not be considered as C65 anymore

Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:54 (Ref:933315)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
...be considered as C65 anymore
I assume you meant C60 - the C65 beeing the "small one"...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:19 (Ref:933360)   #48
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Yes Fab, you're right...

... as usual !

Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:23 (Ref:933370)   #49
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
Yes Fab, you're right...

... as usual !
Do have I to mention the schtupid mishtakes I did last days ?
Old 9 Apr 2004, 13:04 (Ref:935187)   #50
Liz
Veteran

I have heard back from Chris Dyson. He confirmed that they were given an offer and declined it, but he would prefer not to discuss their reasons. He will probably, however, be driving with Jan Lammers and expects to have an announcement soon.

Naturally we respect his right to keep his own counsel and I wrote back and told him so.