Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Oct 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1425399)   #26
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
So probably LMES (5 races) and FIA GT (11 races)? Finally Spyker has learnt some lessons.
What about LeMans itself?
Old 6 Oct 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1425412)   #27
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
What about LeMans itself?
Thats their main target (going for the class-win). Also Sebring is on the list, so I think not a full season fia gt.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1425415)   #28
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I heard about the Jota team running the two planned works Courage C70s about a month ago but it all went quiet and i made nothing of it - seems to be on the cards though........
Old 6 Oct 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1425423)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
I heard about the Jota team running the two planned works Courage C70s about a month ago but it all went quiet and i made nothing of it - seems to be on the cards though........
Two!!

2006 is looking better and better!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1427271)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Delatraz has been out testing the Creation car . Im thinking that as Creation has been talking about the possibility of running 2 cars for next year and serious enquiries from drivers , maybe this will be a Delatraz-Picinni car ?

Where are they getting the second chassis from , Jota ?
Old 8 Oct 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1427380)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder how many more of the pay drivers/team backers will switch their allegience from FIA GT to an LMES LMP program.

BTW, just bought MN and as well as Donington getting the UK round of the LMES, it looks like Mugello will get the Italian round.

MN speculate there will only be four rounds when Istanbul is dropped, but hopefully there will be a Japanease round
Old 8 Oct 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1427399)   #32
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think four rounds is enough, it needs at least 6 (+ Le Mans) in order to make it worthwhile to build a program.

Not sure about Donington getting the UK round is a good idea, I would have prefered Brands, alot more sports car history and closer to London. The potential crowd would be bigger.

Every sports car race I have been to there has seemed a bit flat.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1427463)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I don't think four rounds is enough, it needs at least 6 (+ Le Mans) in order to make it worthwhile to build a program.
Quite agree, Nordic!

I had rather hoped to see a sixth race added in 2006, building over the next few years to perhaps eight. This would give teams a full season European championship, with Sebring, Le Mans and maybe a Japanese finale for those teams able to find the necessary budget (or entries in the case of Le Mans).
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1428438)   #34
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Not sure about Donington getting the UK round is a good idea, I would have prefered Brands, alot more sports car history and closer to London. The potential crowd would be bigger.

Every sports car race I have been to there has seemed a bit flat.'

There are too many big races down south.

F1, A1GP, Goodwood Festival/Revival etc.

Oulton used to draw 40K for the BTCC in the 90s and the FIA GT race at Donington had a crowd of 35k in 2004 (thanks to John Guest sponsorship).

The Donington Group C races drew bigger crowds than Silverstone. In recent years, apart from the 96/97/98 FIA GT races, there haven't been many outstanding sportscar races held there.

Plus the redevelopment of the circuit should spice things up.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1428445)   #35
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Autosport it would be 4 European events and 1 outside Europe (China, Japan or Turkey).

I don't think taking the LMES series outside Europe is a good idea. Better get some more races inside Europe than an expensive one in Asia.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1428447)   #36
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what was Donington's race promotion like? can't remember from FIA GT '04...
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1428458)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
In 2004 it was excellent (with JG help)

The crowd built year on year.

I'd be a little wary if the facilities had not been improved, but the redevelopment looks quite comprehensive
Old 9 Oct 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1428464)   #38
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, i dont like the asia races too. there is a series in asia now, so why should LMES race there.
also think that 4 races are not enough for LMPs, but the GT teams witch mostly run LMES and a national championship or LMES and FIA GT dont realy want more LMES races.
Perhaps better only 4 LMES races and perhaps a few races with another name for LMPs with together with national prototyp championships or the new european radical series.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1428477)   #39
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be all for a Donny race then! I think it's a strange mix - GT teams get their running elsewhere in national championships etc. - but I think with more races maybe the LMP reliability worries would start dying down
Old 9 Oct 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1428503)   #40
JAG
Veteran

England
LMP teams can also run Sebring, PLM, Laguna without too many problems, budget permitting.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 06:01 (Ref:1429103)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
yes, i dont like the asia races too. .
I think to be fair to everybody , there should be a race on each continent . Now , that would be fair in my opinion ? And would boost interest too .
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1429303)   #42
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it all could converge into an old fashioned World Championship, keeping the continental series (ALMS, LMES, JLMS) and have some races (Sebring, Spa, Japan, LM) count for WC points. Having said this, I cannot see this realistically happening with a declining ALMS, a JLMS with "old" rules and an LMES with very little crowds and TV coverage...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1429827)   #43
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Quote:
I think to be fair to everybody , there should be a race on each continent . Now , that would be fair in my opinion ? And would boost interest too .
I am sorry, but you dont read what i was thinking when I was writing this.
I love this new series in Japan, only i think its makes not much sense to let LMES drive there if there is a new japaniese series
Old 10 Oct 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1429834)   #44
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
I am sorry, but you dont read what i was thinking when I was writing this.
I love this new series in Japan, only i think its makes not much sense to let LMES drive there if there is a new japaniese series
A lot of european based teams are saying that in the arabian and asian countries is it easy to to get sponsorship money.
For the japanese Series it would be very interesting to have european teams in the entry for a classic race like the "Fuji 1000"...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1429868)   #45
JAG
Veteran

England
Just been reading that the mythical Lavaggi (sp) LMP could be ready for 2006!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1429871)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I think it all could converge into an old fashioned World Championship, keeping the continental series (ALMS, LMES, JLMS) and have some races (Sebring, Spa, Japan, LM) count for WC points. Having said this, I cannot see this realistically happening with a declining ALMS, a JLMS with "old" rules and an LMES with very little crowds and TV coverage...
The problems you highlight could be overcome in the next year or two.

The real problem would be who are you going to turn away from already near capacity grids for these headline races.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1429995)   #47
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Could race on Nordschleife. 200 cars without problems

Yes, I know. Not allowed for LMP/GT1
Old 10 Oct 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1430010)   #48
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Quote:
Just been reading that the mythical Lavaggi (sp) LMP could be ready for 2006!
Reading it every half year in a year magazin

Maybe its interesting for european team to drive in japan, so they can race there in the new asian series (if they get the money, where is the problem). but i think some teams will have problems with that, and if you have to miss one race, there is no chance for championsship .....
Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1430121)   #49
HaraldB
Rookie

European Union
Austria
HaraldB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I'd vote for three regional conferences (ALMS - The Americas; LMES - Europe, Near&Middle East, Africa; Asia-Pacific Series) with 6 - 12 races (race distances from 2,5h/400km to 24h) each and 3 races (24h LM, 12h Sebring, ?Distance at least 1000km/6h? of Fuji or Suzuka) as a World Endurance Triple Crown.

For participating in the Triple Crown you qualify through the regional conferences.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1430725)   #50
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
The problems you highlight could be overcome in the next year or two.

The real problem would be who are you going to turn away from already near capacity grids for these headline races.
True enough Jag, my concern is how sustainable are these grids in the next 2 years if no conscious effort is made to overcome the problems. LMES is becoming already a 50+ entries event (forget Istanbul) but if there's no ROI for the sponsors I'm not sure how long this will last. I hope it lasts forever !!!!