Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Jun 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1627153)   #51
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes...will post it later when I find it again!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1627157)   #52
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Found it quite quickly! http://www.whitehousehotels.com/pages/kegworth

I paid £20 something for a single room (was in a double) for one night with breakfast...
Old 4 Jun 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1627182)   #53
Vanquish
Rookie

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Vanquish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Found it quite quickly! http://www.whitehousehotels.com/pages/kegworth

I paid £20 something for a single room (was in a double) for one night with breakfast...
Thanks for the quick reply!

Something different now...
I wonder, does the LMS attract a lot of visitors in England? Just to know if I should order tickets in advance or not...

Last edited by Vanquish; 4 Jun 2006 at 23:18.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1627193)   #54
Suze
Veteran

England
No problem.

Wouldn't have thought it'll be sold out...but may be proved wrong there! Last year, I only went to the Sunday (F3 was on too) and the race had been on the Saturday so missed it, but I was on an F3 season pass so was fine and wasn't there for the raceday!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1628081)   #55
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt it'll sell it out, I've never seen a massive crowd at an LMS race.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 05:57 (Ref:1628158)   #56
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
If it sells out I'll eat my keyboard!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 06:07 (Ref:1628161)   #57
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear All

For info, there are quite a few hotels and B & Bs near Donington Park and in the surrounding villages but they can get booked up pretty early. Not because of ther LMS race but because of the airport - an increasing number of people seem to be staying overnight at a local hotel before flying out on holiday early next day. Book early to avoid disappointment!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 06:18 (Ref:1628164)   #58
Suze
Veteran

England
Indeed, checked a couple which seem full on the Saturday but have availability on the Sunday...
Old 6 Jun 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1628695)   #59
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly I doubt it'll sell out. Not because I want to see Donington packed with people, it's more to do with wanting to see Graham eat his keyboard!
Old 15 Jun 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1634914)   #60
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if the race is on a Saturday or Sunday? Im guessing Sunday seeing as its going to be during the day. Anyone know where a provisional timetable can be found? (I know its a bit early!)
Old 3 Jul 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1647068)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A little bit of Creation news, this taken from their forum:

"The second car will make its debut at Donington Park at the end of August. It is also planned to take this car over to the USA for the final two races of the ALMS season--Petit Le Mans and Laguna."

Creation Forum
Old 3 Jul 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1647193)   #62
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to Donington for the first time yesterday to see the MotoGP. Was a bit disappointed, most of the gen admission area was dirt and gravel, not really a pleasant way to watch endurance racing and not like other UK tracks I have visited. Didn't help it was hot, but let's imagine it isn't 30C in mid-August.

Also, will there be reasonable pit access for punters at the LMES?
Old 3 Jul 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1647220)   #63
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dirt and gravel? did you visit the craner curves/old hairpin area? loads of lovely grass to sit on there. Also if LMS is like most Donington meetings, then the paddock should be very easy to access and roam around
Old 3 Jul 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1647234)   #64
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah around Turn 1 and Coppice were the only real areas I explored. I'll give the place another chance
Old 3 Jul 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1647372)   #65
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Dirt and gravel? did you visit the craner curves/old hairpin area? loads of lovely grass to sit on there. Also if LMS is like most Donington meetings, then the paddock should be very easy to access and roam around
unlike silverstone were i had a JCW shouting at me since he neraly knocked me over in his DBA in the paddock lol and the silverstone paddock was a bit on the hectic side and because of the crummy weather the pitwalk was cancelled hopefully that wont happen this time around lol
Old 3 Jul 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1647471)   #66
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
unlike silverstone were i had a JCW shouting at me since he neraly knocked me over in his DBA in the paddock lol and the silverstone paddock was a bit on the hectic side and because of the crummy weather the pitwalk was cancelled hopefully that wont happen this time around lol
Are you sure it was cancelled because of the weather? I was there and if I remember rightly it didn't start raining until they were lining up on the grid.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 18:08 (Ref:1647497)   #67
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was due to the weather. When I arrived at Silverstone just when the F3 race finished it race it started raining.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1647961)   #68
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
It must have been the weather - the CER race just got wetter and wetter as it went along (which is where Alex Caffi just got more and more entertaining!), which was just before the LMES race.

zac510 - you'll have the chance to explore everywhere during the LMS race, so try all the corners, not just Redgate
Old 4 Jul 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1647975)   #69
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If Creation are going to build a 2nd hybrid tub , then perhaps it will stay in the ALMS for next year .

Wonder who might of bought that then ?
Old 4 Jul 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1648008)   #70
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I went to Donington for the first time yesterday to see the MotoGP. Was a bit disappointed, most of the gen admission area was dirt and gravel, not really a pleasant way to watch endurance racing and not like other UK tracks I have visited. Didn't help it was hot, but let's imagine it isn't 30C in mid-August.

Also, will there be reasonable pit access for punters at the LMES?
I was at Donington last Sunday too, we all know its a pretty impressive track. I love the undulations but I must say I was thoroughly disappointed with the photo opportunities available to the amateur. Too many fences in the way and you aren't close enough (its ok if you are just viewing). The best place I found was the exit of Coppice where the fence was close enough to the track and even there you have to stick the lens through the fence. I've always taken some good shot at LMES meetings but I think this year I may just leave the camera at home.

Are spectators allowed in grandstands for this year's race?
Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1648117)   #71
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Well, for the BGT race in May they had very little fencing around the old hairpin area - if it hadn't been raining and my camera hadn't been blurring a lot on me (it rains and I forget something to wipe the lens with!) then I'd have some fantastic photos instead of the mediocre ones I managed from there. I presume they put fences up even there for the international meetings...?

I hope we can get into the Grandstands - it's never normally a problem, but again in May the grandstand on the start/finish straight (from the back of which you can see 70% of the circuit) was closed off. A few years ago Donington had tendancies to charge for seats, but they've not done this for a while, so let's hope they don't start it again.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1654598)   #72
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Lavaggi P1 will be launched at the Nurburgring and debut at Donington.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1655933)   #73
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation to run 3 cars according to there forum. ( 1 older one apparently )

Anyone shine any light on this ? (the lister maybe ?)
Old 14 Jul 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1655996)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
Creation to run 3 cars according to there forum. ( 1 older one apparently )

Anyone shine any light on this ? (the lister maybe ?)
Can't shed any light on this but the old Storm which has been racing in France this year must be the most likely car.

I thought there was a problem with too many entries and not enough places to go round. The Lavaggi is apparently debuting at Donington, there was talk of an R10 racing in LMS post Le Mans (although I've heard nothing about this recently and suspect it won't happen). It will need quite a few to drop out to satisfy demand for all these one-off's as far as I can see.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1656135)   #75
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Can't shed any light on this but the old Storm which has been racing in France this year must be the most likely car.

I thought there was a problem with too many entries and not enough places to go round. The Lavaggi is apparently debuting at Donington, there was talk of an R10 racing in LMS post Le Mans (although I've heard nothing about this recently and suspect it won't happen). It will need quite a few to drop out to satisfy demand for all these one-off's as far as I can see.
I can't swear to this, but I have a nagging doubt that the Storm wasn't ACO-legal? I don't recall them ever running it in an ACO race, only ones to FIA regs?

I'm sure Audi have confirmed that the R10 won't race again in Europe this year