Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2014840)   #276
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
The answer...
Great work from both of them. Hope the 2008 cars will be another step in that direction.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2014859)   #277
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope there is a 2008 car ?
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:27 (Ref:2014868)   #278
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think and hope we will see a Spyker 08
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2014896)   #279
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
LMP1
Peugeot #8 36
Pescarolo #16 34
Peugeot #7 28

is Henri going to dance some samba in November?

title secured for Virgo!
Rollcentre Pescarolo #18 was third in P1

Peugeot #7 was not classified.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:34 (Ref:2014917)   #280
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Rollcentre Pescarolo #18 was third in P1

Peugeot #7 was not classified.
That's the season point standings.

edit: and #7 won, #8 had the problems.

Last edited by vorsprung; 16 Sep 2007 at 19:38.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:36 (Ref:2014918)   #281
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brillian race Got nicely sunburnt tho or could be windburn perhaps
Very impressed with LNT performance with the Zytek - the pace of it was very impressive faster than a lot of the P1 brigade just that little problem with the alternator......could have been third overall without that!!

The P1 cars need to step up the development for next year otehrwise they will struggle massively with well run P2 cars (esp a Spyder). And i don't think it is an engine power defficiency alone either....
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2014924)   #282
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Ooops sorry. That told me!
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2014928)   #283
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For this time, officials made Peugeot respect the rules ! Now we have the second and third places we coul have had at Le Mans : Pescarolo and Rollcentre.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 00:01 (Ref:2015097)   #284
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to Silverstone today, excellant weather provided ideal racing conditions.

However one question, what on earth happened to the 3 light system?!?!

Yet again we get short changed at Silverstone, NO Big screens and No 3 Light system. I thought things were supposed to improve this year with Peugeot's money coming to the series...?
Old 17 Sep 2007, 00:23 (Ref:2015105)   #285
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Went to Silverstone today, excellant weather provided ideal racing conditions.

However one question, what on earth happened to the 3 light system?!?!

Yet again we get short changed at Silverstone, NO Big screens and No 3 Light system. I thought things were supposed to improve this year with Peugeot's money coming to the series...?
what 3 light system, only the ALMS and Le Mans use it this year.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 02:03 (Ref:2015147)   #286
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
what 3 light system, only the ALMS and Le Mans use it this year.
I'm sure it was to be used at Le Mans and then every LMS race afterwards.

All the car's at Silverstone still had their 3 lights, it's just that the system wasn't working.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 04:50 (Ref:2015206)   #287
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
........or could be windburn perhaps
Bitter wind, couldn't get away from it, very uncomfortable!

But what a great race. Podium's and class wins up for grabs in three of the classes well into the last hour.

I think LMP2 was the highlight (for me). Barazi won it, Embassy could have won it, LNT should have won it. It was truly gripping stuff right to the end.

LNT aside, I think JCW proved that the Creation is now right there with the Pesca's and the Charouz Lola. The car looked as sorted as any out on the track. The old Minassian/JCW partnership would have put the car on the podium yesterday, no doubt about it. But, the team must be very pleased to be 4th, nevertheless.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 05:26 (Ref:2015216)   #288
supercarS7
Rookie

United States
supercarS7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Bitter wind, couldn't get away from it, very uncomfortable!

But what a great race. Podium's and class wins up for grabs in three of the classes well into the last hour.

I think LMP2 was the highlight (for me). Barazi won it, Embassy could have won it, LNT should have won it. It was truly gripping stuff right to the end.

LNT aside, I think JCW proved that the Creation is now right there with the Pesca's and the Charouz Lola. The car looked as sorted as any out on the track. The old Minassian/JCW partnership would have put the car on the podium yesterday, no doubt about it. But, the team must be very pleased to be 4th, nevertheless.
I agree. Creation need an all pro lineup and they will indeed match the pesca. It seemed to be a good race though, wish we could see it in the states.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 05:52 (Ref:2015228)   #289
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarS7
I agree. Creation need an all pro lineup and they will indeed match the pesca. It seemed to be a good race though, wish we could see it in the states.
It all comes down to finance! Creation are a comparitively small team and the pay drivers are still necessary to compete. I truly agree though that with the old pairing of Nick and Jamie they would have been on the podium and after the Friday practice they did an amazing job to get the car competetive! Awsome job!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:14 (Ref:2015288)   #290
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i bloody enjoyed yesterday what a race i was watching the last hour from the charouz pit and when they got out of the pit lane before pesca the cheer was deafning . sadly though there track rod end gave up the ghost and the rest is history .

will have to watch the replay from motors tv as theres always something you miss when you go to there yourself..

from what i gather from sam hignett that was the last race charouz will be doing interlagos is a no go because of the cost of taking the car there . and there not sure about the alms as of yet .
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:46 (Ref:2015317)   #291
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a great weekend, the last hour of the race was amazing.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 08:17 (Ref:2015349)   #292
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Fantastic job done at LNT. First time in a proto, and had it not been for the alternator change would easily have won P2 and could possibly have even been on the overall podium. They must be chuffed to bits (as well as disapointed!)
Old 17 Sep 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2015360)   #293
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Great day.

Seemed like quite a good crowd too, anyone know how many?

Only problems:

No 3 light system
Circuit radio in MW only and my radio only has FM
No Big Screen
No food or drink at all all the way from Copse to Brooklands. A food / Drink outlet somewhere up by Stowe surely would make good money so why not do it?

Great to see you again Paddy & Knetter

Great access to the pits etc - thank you Team Modena.

Ranald - I came looking for you but you apparently were not in the pit at the time. Hopefully catch up another time.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 08:44 (Ref:2015374)   #294
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
A pity the LMS has only two Dutch drivers left though (Vergers and Hezemans), we don't have much to at!

Bit of an understatement .... eh !!

spyker 3rd ..... im delighted , bet you had a great time , especially with that mate ?
Old 17 Sep 2007, 10:10 (Ref:2015458)   #295
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had a fabulous weekend, really enjoyed myself and was the only one at the finish that gave a cheer for the arena zytek, but i was really happy for LNT and barazi, it was a fabulous race and both day's were terrific, and there were a lot more people there than in 2005.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 10:14 (Ref:2015461)   #296
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A wonderful race... my thoughts at

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=3234&Itemid=2
Old 17 Sep 2007, 10:55 (Ref:2015502)   #297
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
I thought things were supposed to improve this year with Peugeot's money coming to the series...?
What money?
Old 17 Sep 2007, 12:28 (Ref:2015607)   #298
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Brillian race Got nicely sunburnt tho or could be windburn perhaps
Very impressed with LNT performance with the Zytek - the pace of it was very impressive faster than a lot of the P1 brigade just that little problem with the alternator......could have been third overall without that!!

The P1 cars need to step up the development for next year otehrwise they will struggle massively with well run P2 cars (esp a Spyder). And i don't think it is an engine power defficiency alone either....

Agree, the Peugeots are nailed to the ground they simply don't move around, solid.

The only car's that looked as good were the Zyteks, which shows Charouz must have found something special on their car to be so much quicker than the other petrol P1's.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 12:32 (Ref:2015613)   #299
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Agree, the Peugeots are nailed to the ground they simply don't move around, solid.

The only car's that looked as good were the Zyteks, which shows Charouz must have found something special on their car to be so much quicker than the other petrol P1's.
or mucke is bloody quick which i think should be the case, but i was a little disappointed with the arena zytek in qualy, i was expectin tom chilton to fly and get close to the front but he was ahead of the 16 pesca, think it was around hour 3 and 4 he was absolutely flying in the zytek, through bridge and club he was going hell for leather.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 12:43 (Ref:2015625)   #300
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
...Charouz must have found something special on their car to be so much quicker than the other petrol P1's.
...or be willing to push it beyond the realms of its reliability envelope???

Charouz also did not set fastest lap of the petrol P1s either. The 'works' Pesca did that followed by the Creation.

I think their pace has more to do with their drivers and less to do with the car.