Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Aug 2007, 16:27 (Ref:1992104)   #126
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
If that was going to be the case, it should have happened at the beginning of the safety car period not at the end. It appears that at Spa they run two safety cars and one of them pulled off while the other one didn't for another lap and everyone bunched up behind the first one. So Modena gained half a lap when they shouldn't have.

DK
Guess it didn't matter as LAA held on for third in GT1!
Old 19 Aug 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1992153)   #127
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know what the cause was of the narac porsche crash. I was standing at karting and I saw the car pass pressed between two lmp's. Next thing a lot of smoke just past karting and a really wrecked porsche with the driver being attented too. It looked quite worrying. But I read that he is reasonably ok.
The point were skid marks were not on the spot if you would have overdone the corner.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 18:30 (Ref:1992170)   #128
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dsc say that the porsche had contact with the creation, forcing the creation to pit for a new wheel and major repairs.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1992230)   #129
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official race results PDF have been amended to say that Shinji Nakano of Creation has been excluded from the results. Anyone know why?

I assume not in the car long enough to score points or something?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1992348)   #130
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update on Jarek Janis at www.planetlemans.com . He was doing fine but not as jolly as usual I tell you...
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1992602)   #131
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
That's good to hear. I had to stop watching around the time he was still in the car, so I was a little worried about his condition.

Congrats on a podium overall to RML! Way to go guys.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1992921)   #132
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
At risk of posting a good news story about the LMS based on this year's Spa 1000km, I'm not sure there's really that much wrong with the series.

The grid was pretty full of decent cars in all four classes, 30 Euros admission (in the event you weren't in receipt of World Series by Renault largesse) was perfectly fair, the circuit was very accommodating in terms of decent and audible commentary around a fair degree of the track, and there were plenty of food/drink vendors keeping people happy.

Critically, and contrary to DSC's impression, I felt there was a fairly reasonable crowd there. At the start the grandstands after La Source were maybe 25% full (okay, not what you'd call a sell out, but compare this to a lot of other LMS events) and there were a lot of people on top of the new paddock building. Later on walking up to Kemel the grassy banks were reasonably well populated and there was quite a throng walking back and forth.

It's probably not 100% there but the impression I got was considerably more positive than Donington last year. Progress indeed.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1992964)   #133
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Some images of the event are at...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...f&id=710886672

For the purists amongst you, the picture of the Creation leading the queue along the Kemel-Les Combes has had the safety car airbrushed out. I can happily supply hi-res unmodified versions of any of these images if people want to get in touch.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 19:41 (Ref:1993023)   #134
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
The official race results PDF have been amended to say that Shinji Nakano of Creation has been excluded from the results. Anyone know why?

I assume not in the car long enough to score points or something?
Probably because he took the Narac Porsche out. Really stupid move.

Only 5m further down the impact would have been on the concrete wall. Pretty scary.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1993166)   #135
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Allthough I had a good time watching this beautifull diverse and big grid race on this great track,I was REALLY dissapointed by the near kilometer of new steel fencing at the back of the track.
Starting from the underpass at Blanchimont,one could before enjoy the cars at high speed from in between the trees, allmost all the way to the former busstop chicane. Many hours have I spend there looking at slipstream actions,listening at racecars roaring by at near topspeed on one of the most challenging curvecombinations in racing.

That has now all ended drastically.

I guess that,once again to please the F1 gods,there's been a bowdown to old 'nd grumpy men who see danger were there is non.
Also the new chicane where busstop used to be,is now an uninviting peace of track leading to an oversized concrete lump of a grandstand,which deprives the non grandstand ticketholders from seeing the cars go thrue start/finish.
We sat at the interim grandstand next to the new one,but it was plain boring. Just a straight peace of track and way to much fensing in your view.

For the drivers this new chicane or esses probably is a lot easier to nagotiate,but for the spectator,a big and beautifully characteristic peace of the track has been castrated from all it's awe.
So sad,my fellow racefreaks,so sad....
Old 21 Aug 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1993356)   #136
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm, I never saw THAT on the TV coverage!
I wonder if IMSA team will be sending him the bill for a new 997, the old one is TOTALLED... That broken right front wheel got torn clean off the chassis in the impact, and what was still attatched to the shell was bent...

for the pictures. IMSA Matmut may like copies...?
Old 21 Aug 2007, 08:41 (Ref:1993363)   #137
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I just loved the way the Belgian fans react to all the fencing...
Out with the wirecutters, and make youself a window. They are everywhere round the track.

Silverstone and Donington require lots of ingenuity and local knowledge to get a fence free view...

Ah well, just over 3 weeks to go, and it's Silverstone.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1993795)   #138
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Domestic duty refitting things in the kitchen meant I missed a lot of the race and just managed to miss hearing LNT of Panoz fame say something on screen about next year, can anyone fill the gap for me, what are they planning; moving up, moving out, what? I am told he has just sold one of his businesses for lots of money so what is he doing?
Old 21 Aug 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1994040)   #139
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://pic.aceboard.net/img/4457/127/1187711148.jpg
Old 21 Aug 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1994051)   #140
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet
Ouch! Looks like the fuel tank isn't even in there anymore...
Old 22 Aug 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1994332)   #141
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
The TV footage when it was on the breakdown truck looked worse than that. It's TOTALLED.
The back end is possibly MORE damaged than the front, and the right front wheel is AWOL! With the suspension on the wheel...

I had wondered how he'd managed to do this much damage at that point on the track.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 14:55 (Ref:1994554)   #142
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
Domestic duty refitting things in the kitchen meant I missed a lot of the race and just managed to miss hearing LNT of Panoz fame say something on screen about next year, can anyone fill the gap for me, what are they planning; moving up, moving out, what? I am told he has just sold one of his businesses for lots of money so what is he doing?
He said (and this is not an exact quote):

"The Porsches and Ferraris have gotten faster, we have not. Unless Panoz develop the car we may not be here next season."
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1994695)   #143
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Ouch! Looks like the fuel tank isn't even in there anymore...
I think its 200+ for porsches at that point. Just beyond the point they are in highest gear. Would like a video of that incident. The pics look like Mr Nakano should not race ever again. Mr Narac was lucky being in such a safe car. Attending to him by medical staff took quite a long time so it looked bad.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1994703)   #144
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN

"The Porsches and Ferraris have gotten faster, we have not. Unless Panoz develop the car we may not be here next season."
Unfortunaly it's very difficult for small manufacturers (Panoz, Spyker) to get and stay competative.

Despite they have no real competition Peugeot has still reliability problems. I read somewere the #7 had problems with a wheel bearing. This problem they had also earlier in the season. Did Audi have many reliability problems in 1999/2000?
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1994705)   #145
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN

there are only a few changes for 2007. multimatic's website says they have done work on the next Panoz production car, but no other news has come.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 20:07 (Ref:1994712)   #146
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I read somewere the #7 had problems with a wheel bearing. This problem they had also earlier in the season.
You read it in Planetlemans . Car #8 had the same issue and both drivers were not sure they would make it to the end at Spa...
Old 23 Aug 2007, 00:16 (Ref:1994820)   #147
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Exactly where on the track did that crash happen?

Mikmx, I asuume you mean 200km/h, as I'm not aware of any track where the GT2s top 200mph.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1994938)   #148
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks DMN, not world shattering then
Old 23 Aug 2007, 11:04 (Ref:1995005)   #149
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
All the TV showed was a VERY bent 997 at the end of the crash.
I'm glad to note ALL the drivers at LMES seem to be unharmed following some big looking crashes.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1995016)   #150
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
The exit of the new section, at Stavelot, coming onto the old straight back to La Source. Yup, I'd go with 200ks just there, maybe more, depending on exactly where he went off.
The run off area extends for a good 200 metres from the corner, it looks like he hit at the far end.
This picture shows how far it is, you can see the safety vehicles parked in the old road to Stavelot.

This circuit map shows Stavelot bottom left. I was standing next to the pedestrian underpass.