Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Dec 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1170693)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport signs Champ Car coverege for 2005

Just heard that on the Race of champions cometary that Eurosport has signed the rights to have Champ Cars on in 2005.

Last edited by luke; 4 Dec 2004 at 15:58.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1170696)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, heard that too.

Not sure if he meant Eurosport International, or British Eurosport as well.

As long as the coverage is guaranteed every race live, like we had on Motors this year, fair enough.

I don't want a return to the days of the first half of a race being missed to show tennis though.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 16:01 (Ref:1170700)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Unfortunately that is the danger with Eurosport having the rights.

Plus Motors hardly had adverts, and the channel was free.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1170705)   #4
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its very bad news, I don't think we will have anything like the Live coverage we had this year with Motors.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 16:28 (Ref:1170720)   #5
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
As long as the coverage is guaranteed every race live, like we had on Motors this year, fair enough.
Well, it will be.........if you invest in Race Director..

I'm thinking about that now, as in the battles of Champcar VS Italian football in 2003, the Italians won the battle every time for Sunday evening dominance, Champcar won the consolation prize of 5-Minute highlights in "motorsports weekend"

Still, I know at least one person that'll be happy!
Old 4 Dec 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1170867)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Yes, heard that too.

Not sure if he meant Eurosport International, or British Eurosport as well.

I don't want a return to the days of the first half of a race being missed to show tennis though.
The Dutch commentators came also with this news, so at least International Eurosport will broadcast Champcar. Don't know if they cover the races live.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 11:07 (Ref:1171189)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me this would be good news. I used to get Motors TV but it was blacked out this year, so I saw close to zero coverage of Champ Car this year, which also made for my reduced presence in this forum.

So I hope Eurosport covers Champ Cars as well as we deserve!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 12:16 (Ref:1171259)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know if this is good or bad...
Old 5 Dec 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1171260)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England

It's bad.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1171263)   #10
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there goes our decent coverage, no doubt well get the realy bad worldwide commentary too.

If the RoC commentary was an example, which was truely shocking.

Last edited by bigted; 5 Dec 2004 at 12:25.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 13:24 (Ref:1171305)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ROC was interesting - Martin Haven and Niall McShea were doing commentary on British Eurosport and were in Paris.

Carlton Kirby and Tim Harvey did the English-language commentary for Eurosport International (but apparently did it off the TV from the UK!)
Old 5 Dec 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1171366)   #12
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Haven was useless, I dont think he had a clue what was going on. He couldnt even tell the diffence between a red car and a silver car on numerous occasions.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1171506)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Calton Curby and Gareth Resse (Motors DTM team) did the first rcae for Eurosport two years a go, then Eurosport chose the international team, I enjoyed their comertary, much better than Jeremy Shaw's.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1171521)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does this mean we get the old Eurosport commentary team (including ben Edwards)?

I was watching a CART race from 1999 the other night and the commentary was excellent!

Or will we get a matchless (and feckless) commentary team of Martin Haven and Carlton Kirby? If so, lower the noose.

In one of the RoC head-to-heads, Haven commentated for half of it believing McRae was driving and in the other half thought Coulthard was driving.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1171523)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

We won't get Ben Edwards - he's an ITV man these days.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1171548)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yeah I also wondered why I heard Ben Collins comentating for a race.
(watched a video clip of Montoya's site).
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1171576)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47
Well, it will be.........if you invest in Race Director..

yep...i will be investing the coverage on ther eis brilliant !
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1171579)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I heard it was diabolical.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1171598)   #19
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's about time Eurosport did something though...
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1171642)   #20
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you buy race director you get access to the recorded races of past years, for as long as the season lasts or is it longer?
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:17 (Ref:1171785)   #21
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See, I think it's quite clear why OWRS have given the rights to Eurosport instead of Motors - it's to get everyone to cough up for Race Director!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:43 (Ref:1171816)   #22
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
TSN has been known to have the same effect!

Come to think of it, there has been no confirmation yet that TSN's Canadian contract has been renewed. I was of the understanding that the existing one has now expired. Wouldn't it be great if CBC or Global picked it up?
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:49 (Ref:1171819)   #23
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing about good commentry is it just goes on in the background and you dont realise its happening. Bad commentry has you arguing with the TV and squeeming at the mistakes.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:54 (Ref:1171824)   #24
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben Edwards and Jeremy Shaw were the best commentating team.

I really don't care... since if it is on Eurosport, I'll get commentary in Spanish...
Old 6 Dec 2004, 01:33 (Ref:1171875)   #25
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport are launching Eurosport 2 in the middle of January 2005, no word if they will be launching it in Britain but I would imagine they plan to.

If they have two dedicated channels (ignoring Eurosportnews) it would be hard for them to mess up Champ Cars coverage again.