Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think much of the new pit lane entry
Old 20 Oct 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1742857)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder if he is lost and is trying to find the track?
Old 20 Oct 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1743071)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Man with brollie walking across the road just as car comes into view is an image that will stay with me forever.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1743078)   #5
boyracer019
Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Man with brollie walking across the road just as car comes into view is an image that will stay with me forever.
But he never even glances back - "An F1 car on the streets - now there's someting you see every day"
Old 20 Oct 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1743084)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Liked the 80k's sign.

Lucky bugger
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 20 Oct 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1743090)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Imagine the driver,say in fourty years time,down at his local pub.

"I drove an F1 car through the streets of Sao Paulo once you know"

reply: "Yeah right!"
Old 20 Oct 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1743235)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, he certainly ruined the "back to home" of thousands having the 23 de Maio avenue blocked only for him... but it was a great show indeed.

Oh, and he was nowhere near Interlagos, some of that cops should give him directions and fine him for speeding
Old 20 Oct 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1743453)   #9
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the fact that the public seem not to care about an F1 car racing down their street. Was that someone firing an extinquisher at the end of the run?
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1743526)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I was about to post the same thing.

Makes me laugh, they have a parade in Regents Street and they shut half of the west end down and in Brazil you have people walking across the roads and traffic on the streets. Incredible, but good to watch.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1743527)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesi95
Was that someone firing an extinquisher at the end of the run?
Thought i spotted that too. Man, Red Bull must really have some cooling problems what with that amount of rain too
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1743528)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, they were using the fire extinguisher...
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1743531)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quirky stuff!
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1743534)   #14
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I expect Red Bulls Lawyers and insurance people were crapping out diamond's while that was happening.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1743535)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I was about to post the same thing.

Makes me laugh, they have a parade in Regents Street and they shut half of the west end down and in Brazil you have people walking across the roads and traffic on the streets. Incredible, but good to watch.
They have closed one way of one of the biggest avenues of São Paulo. The comments above the video are pretty harsh on that...
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1743541)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So presumably there has been outrage over this then?
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1743544)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... Actually I took sometime reading that blog, and I made a little mistake, people were not going back to home, but "going to work", because "the ride" happened at 5:30 AM, and it happened after postponed for one day because of the rain. They considered an absurd and no respect with the population... some people had to wake up early to watch it and there were delays in public transport, nothing new in a big city. One of them made a joke about why they don't allow a stock car team do the same in the race weekend. The biggest complaint is that they didn't tell the population about "the ride". People waited that for the prior day and nobody really bothered to announce it was canceled and then it happened the next day.

Last edited by Bononi; 20 Oct 2006 at 20:40.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1743547)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
They have closed one way of one of the biggest avenues of São Paulo. The comments above the video are pretty harsh on that...
The bit i was refering to Bon was the Red Bull was just about to go under one of the underpasses, and admittedly the (F1) car was the only thing on the carraigeway but there were cars moving on the slip road.

Unfortunately i can't read Portugese * so didn't know what was said above the clip.

* I'm assuming it's in Portugese (?)
Old 20 Oct 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1743568)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's basically what I said in my previous post, and yep that's portuguese.
Old 21 Oct 2006, 02:55 (Ref:1743750)   #20
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
I expect Red Bulls Lawyers and insurance people were crapping out diamond's while that was happening.
The same one Christian Klien lost in 2004?
Old 21 Oct 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1744122)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
and yep that's portuguese.
Obrigado

(Thats the only Portuguese word i know, but benefits this occasion )
Old 21 Oct 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1744387)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

You're welcome !