Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Nov 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2582620)   #226
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Friday,
Andrea Piccini tested the Acura LMP2 Strakka at Michelin test (Misano), on wet track.
LINK: rw.it
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2582858)   #227
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
With the FLM cars in the field next year, how will circuits be able to accomodate for 50+ cars? I'm sure many don't have enough pit boxes.
The problem is usually the number of pit boxes. Presumably FLM may have a separate paddock / pit area and not use the main pit boxes?
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2582873)   #228
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Will the ALMS FLM cars receive the same upgrade?
I would say yes unless they start Sebring and PLM at the ass crack of dawn.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2582903)   #229
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
With the FLM cars in the field next year, how will circuits be able to accomodate for 50+ cars? I'm sure many don't have enough pit boxes.

Well, I read it as the ACO wanted to keep FLM going but the grid sizes weren't big enough to have stand alone races. The truth I would imagine is somewhere in between.
I read it as they wish to make full grids and are not worried about being over subscribed even with the FLM cars included!

Quote:
They're having an endurance upgrade aswell, which I would imagine would include headlights (they'll probably find those handy in Portimao).

Will the ALMS FLM cars receive the same upgrade?
The LMPC require the endurance package as standard equipment rather than as an upgrade, as in the case of the FLM chassis.

L.P.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2582919)   #230
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The problem is usually the number of pit boxes. Presumably FLM may have a separate paddock / pit area and not use the main pit boxes?
I do not believe that is or will be the case, as in the release they are stated as being included as part of the main grid for 4 of the LMS races.

Also they say seats are limited as regular LMS contestants will have priority, yet they 'rekon' about a dozen for the 4 LMS rounds with the FLM having another round seperate from the LMS.

L.P.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2582930)   #231
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
This is strictly a move to shore up entries that are expected to be lower this year. There isn't anything wrong with that of course, and I think many expected this year to be a challenging year in many forms of motorsports.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2583034)   #232
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Exactly what teams are looking doubtfull then ?

All I keep hearing about is teams with new cars , and new teams , Trottet and that Malaysian Lola deal .

The only team that was there last year that looks in trouble is KSM and Pescarolo . But new entries will take up that slack .
Old 16 Nov 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2583081)   #233
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Barcelona 43
Spa 51
Algarve 35
Nurburgring 38
Silverstone 40

There is room for more entrants already at most rounds, and as proven by the #'s full series entrants were down. Also there is ? with several teams I thought.
Any and all GT-1s
Drayson gone
Bruich-Bruneau
Pesca Sport
AMR
KSM
Team Essex

Plus several part timers are still in question starting with
Audi
Pug
etc...

L.P.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2583116)   #234
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Drayson is doing the ALMS with a Lola LMP1 , but intends to do LM .

Bru-Bru are out testing their Radical .

Pesca Sport is sold , and now is Sora Racing . Its not sure whats happening with Henri yet .

Pug said last year that a team would represent them in LMS . Who exactly I dont know but I hope its Henri .

Audi will be present again with Kölles I think ?

With respect to GT1 ..... if they can race at Le Mans , why cant they race in the LMS championship ?

So , its not all doom & gloom then , is it ?

Team Essex wasnt a full season enrty , only Spa for LM preparation .

Dont know whats going on with KSM ?

Who said that AMR wouldnt be back ? I heard that they will be back with the same car as this year .
Old 16 Nov 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2583120)   #235
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Who said it was doom and gloom? Question asked and answered as to how FLM would fill/fit into the LMS grid! As to the rest of it, we shall see just what is what, but there are still questions to/with all.

L.P.
Old 17 Nov 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2583531)   #236
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I firmly believe the best thing Audi can do is run an R15 all year. They need to sort the LM issues, before they get there this time!
Henri with a Pug would be excellent news.
AMR could just run a singleton to tweak things.
I just hope somebody can run the Pesca petrol chassis.
Old 17 Nov 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2583711)   #237
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkob View Post
On Friday,
Andrea Piccini tested the Acura LMP2 Strakka at Michelin test (Misano), on wet track.
LINK: rw.it
Piccini-Watts is a brilliant line up , if it happens . Is Leventis planning on doing some of the driving too ?
Old 17 Nov 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2583716)   #238
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I firmly believe the best thing Audi can do is run an R15 all year. They need to sort the LM issues, before they get there this time!
Henri with a Pug would be excellent news.
AMR could just run a singleton to tweak things.
I just hope somebody can run the Pesca petrol chassis.
Im surprised ,with Reinhold Joest involved that it has turned out this way in the first place . He knows what it takes to win . Probably something to do with the global recession .
Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2583747)   #239
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Piccini-Watts is a brilliant line up , if it happens . Is Leventis planning on doing some of the driving too ?
If Piccini is piloting an Acura (or whatever they decide to call it) next season, wouldn't JAS Motorsport be the more likely team?
Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2583755)   #240
The Badger
Veteran

Well , at the moment JAS isnt a certainty , But Straka is , but with their Honda connections I reckon it will happen with one car .

Which Piccini is it . There were 2 with Racing Box last year ?
Old 17 Nov 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2583809)   #241
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's Andrea, the faster, older (ex-AM) one... Acura will be renamed HPD it seems
Old 18 Nov 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2583885)   #242
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy the Bear says all Acuras but Dayton's car are headed for Europe...

Wasn't William France's Embassy team looking at signing for Acura engines before they violently sized down their effort at the end of 2008? Not that the Zytek looks weak, but...
Old 18 Nov 2009, 00:34 (Ref:2583888)   #243
The Badger
Veteran

I dont think there is anything wrong with the WF-01 , at least nothing that testing shouldnt be able to sort out .

So, rumour mill says two for JAS and one for Straka then ?
Old 18 Nov 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2584244)   #244
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Murphy the Bear says all Acuras but Dayton's car are headed for Europe...

Wasn't William France's Embassy team looking at signing for Acura engines before they violently sized down their effort at the end of 2008? Not that the Zytek looks weak, but...
All Acura's are bound for Europe?

so basically that means 3 P2's and from what has been said, the De Ferran P1 as well?

If this is so, what is the possibility of seeing the P1 car over here in Europe? I havent heard anything about the P1 doing anything anywere bar the states.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2584248)   #245
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post

so basically that means 3 P2's and from what has been said, the De Ferran P1 as well?

If this is so, what is the possibility of seeing the P1 car over here in Europe? I havent heard anything about the P1 doing anything anywere bar the states.
Furthermore, what are the chances of the P1 being competitive in Europe (providing it's actually there/LMS bound)?

The engine still has a long way to go in terms of development, but I guess if somebody wanted to get a head start on a suitable 2011 engine...
Old 18 Nov 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2584254)   #246
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Furthermore, what are the chances of the P1 being competitive in Europe (providing it's actually there/LMS bound)?

The engine still has a long way to go in terms of development, but I guess if somebody wanted to get a head start on a suitable 2011 engine...
I would think, despite the ARX02 being designed for narrower, slower American circuits. The car would be very very quick none the less, likely quicker than the 2009 P1 field with a good team and set of driver's behind it.

Granted the engine is not up to scratch, but what do you expect? It is only a 4.0 V8 after all, very small so no wonder its under powered and definetely lacking in the torque department.

As far as 2011 engine's go, HPD would be better off using the 3.4 V8 as a base as it fits in better with the rules than the 4.0 version of that engine.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2584509)   #247
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:

Where did anybody mention that the ex-De Ferran carwas bound for Europe ?

I reckon thats a load of bull !!!

Highcroft are keeping their mits on their LMP2 car . No concrete news on exactly what their doing ..... P1 with AQcura or Pug and P2 with ACura .
Old 18 Nov 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2584569)   #248
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think De Ferran will still have his ARX-02a at least until 2011.

Chris
Old 19 Nov 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2585149)   #249
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Where did anybody mention that the ex-De Ferran car was bound for Europe ?

I reckon thats a load of bull !!!

Highcroft are keeping their mits on their LMP2 car . No concrete news on exactly what their doing ..... P1 with AQcura or Pug and P2 with ACura .
Well all Acura's bound for Europe means P1 anf P2 machinery, hence myself wondering and thinking out loud.

Highcroft look like they will be in ALMS in P1 in some form next year, its already known Nick Wirth wants to see the P1 car racing in some form or another, possible seeing the P1 Acura's under the Wirth name if Acura pull the plug?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2585166)   #250
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well all Acura's bound for Europe means P1 anf P2 machinery, hence myself wondering and thinking out loud.

Highcroft look like they will be in ALMS in P1 in some form next year, its already known Nick Wirth wants to see the P1 car racing in some form or another, possible seeing the P1 Acura's under the Wirth name if Acura pull the plug?
That's all akin to putting two and two together and making something around 14.

As of last week there was one car confirmed for Europe and a quote from Wirth Research saying:

“There’s been plenty of enquiries but whilst we are keen to see as many of the cars racing in Europe as possible I’d be surprised if we saw any more than two cars racing in the European season.”