Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2714438)   #151
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Could be Winter here at Nürburgring .

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2194/e9rypcub_jpg
Old 29 Sep 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2766388)   #152
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Did anybody know the Chassis Number from Jaguar Nr.3 at the Support Race ???
Old 11 Oct 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2773476)   #153
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I noticed non Spice 3.5 cars are being allowed to compete, the first being the Lola-Judd.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2800319)   #154
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.groupcracing.com/pages/LeMans-C11-2010

Onboard Bob Berridge during his Lap record in the Support Race 2010 .
Old 6 Dec 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2800467)   #155
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
http://www.groupcracing.com/pages/LeMans-C11-2010

Onboard Bob Berridge during his Lap record in the Support Race 2010 .
I posted this on FB a while back, absolutely awesome particularly the "filling" overtake between two slower cars! Bonkers
Old 6 Dec 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2800613)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
I posted this on FB a while back, absolutely awesome particularly the "filling" overtake between two slower cars! Bonkers

That put a smile on my face!
Old 11 Dec 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2803114)   #157
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like he could do with a better fitting helmet!
Love the commitment through the two chicanes
Old 12 Dec 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2803205)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, what did you make of that? Blasting around Le Mans with something clearly wrong in the helmet area?
Old 27 Dec 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2808767)   #159
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJj8DFEtsg

Find over Christmas a little bit Time to create my Youtube account .
Old 28 Dec 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2809015)   #160
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome noise! Look forward to you posting up the C11 footage you have now!
Old 28 Dec 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2809021)   #161
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8cm-ENc4rk

You want the C11 !! Here he is !!
Old 27 Jan 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2821309)   #162
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although it won't grace Le Mans this year, it was interesting to read today that Richard Mille (sponsor of the Le Mans Classic) has purchased a Peugeot 905 with a view to racing it in the Group C/GTP Racing Series.

How great would it be to see one back at Le Mans (EV14 in '92 trim with a LM-spec 595bhp engine) next year on the 20th anniversary of Peugeot's Le Mans win. That to me, simply has to happen. I was too young to see this in the flesh first time around.

Incidentally there has also been a Mercedes-Benz C291 purchased to run in the series this year. I believe it was one of the last ever raced and ex-Schumacher.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2821321)   #163
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Although it won't grace Le Mans this year, it was interesting to read today that Richard Mille (sponsor of the Le Mans Classic) has purchased a Peugeot 905 with a view to racing it in the Group C/GTP Racing Series.

How great would it be to see one back at Le Mans (EV14 in '92 trim with a LM-spec 595bhp engine) next year on the 20th anniversary of Peugeot's Le Mans win. That to me, simply has to happen. I was too young to see this in the flesh first time around.

Incidentally there has also been a Mercedes-Benz C291 purchased to run in the series this year. I believe it was one of the last ever raced and ex-Schumacher.
Although it's always good to see a former racer at LM, I'm not sure I want to remember the '92 race.

As I recall it had a ridiculously small field, the weather was less than brilliant (I won't mention the R word for fear of upsetting someone.... and my general recollection is that Peugeot won because there was no meaningful opposition that year.

Fortunately things started looking up again in '93 with the return of the GT class.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2821329)   #164
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Although it's always good to see a former racer at LM, I'm not sure I want to remember the '92 race.

As I recall it had a ridiculously small field, the weather was less than brilliant (I won't mention the R word for fear of upsetting someone.... and my general recollection is that Peugeot won because there was no meaningful opposition that year.

Fortunately things started looking up again in '93 with the return of the GT class.
In that case, just banish the memories of 1992 and think of the '93 race when the 905 screams past.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2821385)   #165
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The same guy is planning to run two 905's from 2012.

I guess this means we'll see Lola-Judds compete in Europe, not sure if any XJR-14's or Mazda MXR-01's are in private hands and ready to race.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2821445)   #166
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
I would like to see this Cars back on Track , but I fear that the Speed Difference between these 3,5 l Cars and the early Group C GTP Cars are to large .For the Moment Group C is doing well and you can fight with a good prepared Car for Victory . ( Paul Livesey RMU Classic 2010 Spice SE 88 ) .And I think a lot of Drivers and Teams are not happy with this Situation . Hope they will find enough Cars to make seperat races with this 3,5 l Cars .
Old 27 Jan 2011, 19:50 (Ref:2821448)   #167
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

I guess this means we'll see Lola-Judds compete in Europe, not sure if any XJR-14's or Mazda MXR-01's are in private hands and ready to race.
There is 1 XJR-14 running at least (chassis X91), ran at Goodwood last year (2010). Im almost certain that it was formerly part of Duncan Daytons collection http://xjr14.voila.net/xjr14/galerie_xjr14.html
Old 27 Jan 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2821464)   #168
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Jaguar XJR 14 #591 was in Brands Hatch 2010 for Group C GTP Racing , but only for showing the Car .

http://www.groupcracing.com/pages/Br...ch-2010-Images
Old 28 Jan 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2821990)   #169
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Not sure if it's on the review footage I've got (perhaps one for later?) but I distinctly recall a bit of 1992 coverage starting with "it's a small field, but a quality one", which struck me as one of the most delusional comments ever heard.

At the time I tried very hard to get excited about the introduction of the national classes, and then realised that this was a completely pointless exercise - galling after how good 1991 had been.

3.5 litre cars in historic Group C? Why not? The spread of competition across the field is already showing quite a bit of disparity, and I guess most owners just like running this sort of machinery rather than being driven by an out-and-out rage to win. If nothing else the chance to see this sort of exotica on the track is very appealing.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2821993)   #170
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would probably require the packing of an additional pair of underwear for Le Mans mind you! Too. Much. Excitement.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2822005)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
.... my general recollection is that Peugeot won because there was no meaningful opposition that year.

While I agree with you about '93, not sure I'm with you about '92. Yes, it was a pitiful field (28 or 29 cars, IIRC) and it was the first time I went to Le Mans without the Tourists, with just one other buddy for company (with Chequers - which morphed into MRI). Toyota gave Peugeot a reasonably hard run in '92 but eventually failed. And of course we had that magical orange and green 'Mazuar' pedalled with gusto by Volker Weidler. Yes, it was wet, but for the first time (obviously with some kind of premonition) I bought myself a grandstand seat at Maison Blanche, so stayed dry most of the time. If I had the choice all over again for '92, even knowing what was in store, I'd still go - for sure!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2822224)   #172
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
While I agree with you about '93, not sure I'm with you about '92. Yes, it was a pitiful field (28 or 29 cars, IIRC) and it was the first time I went to Le Mans without the Tourists, with just one other buddy for company (with Chequers - which morphed into MRI). Toyota gave Peugeot a reasonably hard run in '92 but eventually failed. And of course we had that magical orange and green 'Mazuar' pedalled with gusto by Volker Weidler. Yes, it was wet, but for the first time (obviously with some kind of premonition) I bought myself a grandstand seat at Maison Blanche, so stayed dry most of the time. If I had the choice all over again for '92, even knowing what was in store, I'd still go - for sure!
28 starters, 14 finishers in 92. 50/30 in 93.

My remarks were really intended subjectively. You're right about the Toyotas in 92, but perhaps my general lack of enthusiasm for the race that year had led me to obliterate it from my memory! Looking back through my notes on the respective years:

92: "....it was unfortunate that we had bad weather and a boring race....We all have fond (?) memories of the Dutch lunatics parked next to us who insisted on playing their car stereo as loudly as possible at two in the (Saturday) morning. 1992 wasn't the most enjoyable of races and I, for one, was glad to leave and come home."

93: "By comparison 1993 was one of our best years...blisteringly hot weather, getting warmer the further south we travelled...good to see "proper" cars again" - this last a reference to the re-emergence of a GT class.

The setting for both of these was Arnage/Indianapolis and the problems with the Dutch (and in later years with noisy Germans) led us to remove to a more peaceful spot well away from the circuit.

My recollection is that endurance racing was under serious threat of extinction in 1992 and was saved by the re-introduction of GTs, led initially by Venturi and the Jag XJ220 and some more of the stalwart Porsches.

Like you, the bad weather didn't put me off attending in subsequent years!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2822270)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I certainly agree with you about '93 - I've always looked on that year as the year that saved Le Mans.......
Old 29 Jan 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2822408)   #174
JAG
Veteran

England
I agree, in '92 there were rumours of it becoming a Super Touring race!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2822413)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Man, has there ever been such heresy?! People have been burned at the stake for less heinous suggestions in the past........