Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Feb 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3209453)   #26
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Tube frame silhouette cars, no chance.
Where did you get that idea from? It's no more/or less silhouette than the new BMW... and no tubeframer at all.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3209459)   #27
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From 1999 to 2004 (I think), the GT1 cars had tubing front and rear. Only the chassis part where driver was seated had to be an original part IIRC. they didn't actually have an awful lot in common with their roadgoing counterpart. Basically only engineblock, headers and a part of the chassis that contained the a-pillars and the roofline.

From that aspect I like both GTE and GT3 better, as they are closer to a production car.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3209466)   #28
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the Nissan announcement turns out to be WTCC I will throw up everywhere.

Hoping it won't come to that.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3209474)   #29
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Good question. His exit from the DeltaWing project might not be a coincidence
I hope its not true - but... there was a rumour that Nissan had bought two closed cockpit Deltawing and then Bowlby, Nissan and Michelin all abandoned the project in quick succession ... so I wonder if they are doing there own interpretation of the Deltawing.

I would far rather it be a full blown P1 project
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3209476)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
@Nissan_OnTrack
Thanks for all the comments about Tuesday's announcement. Here's a thought. Do we ever do what everyone expects us to do?
Not got a lot of confidence that Nissan will do something conventional. Especially when you see something like this.

Given history I expect them to do something sportscar related that I don't immediately like, then come around to - but ultimately wish was a P1 project.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3209480)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not got a lot of confidence that Nissan will do something conventional. Especially when you see something like this.
Damn it Nissan! Do something conventional!, something a lot of us want you to do!

I really REALLY don't hope they create a One-Make Support series with the Juke-R!
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3209483)   #32
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
One-Make Support series with the Juke-R!
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3209487)   #33
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Damn it Nissan! Do something conventional!, something a lot of us want you to do!

I really REALLY don't hope they create a One-Make Support series with the Juke-R!
Well, anything but LMP1 would be disappointing... Damn !
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3209492)   #34
Puzzle
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Puzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
From 1999 to 2004 (I think), the GT1 cars had tubing front and rear. Only the chassis part where driver was seated had to be an original part IIRC. they didn't actually have an awful lot in common with their roadgoing counterpart. Basically only engineblock, headers and a part of the chassis that contained the a-pillars and the roofline.

From that aspect I like both GTE and GT3 better, as they are closer to a production car.
I think you are thinking of the GT500 class in SuperGT/JGTC which matches your description to a tee whereas no ACO class by the name of GT1 does. There was no GT1 in 1999 as the class formerly known by that name and which had basically become full prototypes any way had become LMGTP and the class below that was still (to my knowledge) known as GT2. Even then I'm fairly certain at no stage between 1999 and now has there been a class in ACO racing that allowed tube frame silhouettes.

As to the nissan announcement I'll think it is something in particular when nissan say it is something in particular whilst quietly keeping my fingers crossed that it is a P1
Old 23 Feb 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3209512)   #35
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An important point to make is that the announcement will be streamed live by Radio Le Mans. Why would Nissan tell RLM and invite them over just to announce a DTM or Super GT project?

I'm 90% sure this is WEC related.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3209516)   #36
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Given history I expect them to do something sportscar related that I don't immediately like, then come around to - but ultimately wish was a P1 project.
Hmm, soon as I saw that tweet I immediately thought that it's not going to be a LMP1 programme. Something left field perhaps?

A Nismo Juke RX car???

As long as it isn't the WTCC.....that would be such a waste.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3209532)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
An important point to make is that the announcement will be streamed live by Radio Le Mans. Why would Nissan tell RLM and invite them over just to announce a DTM or Super GT project?

I'm 90% sure this is WEC related.
None of this info is true. They aren't streaming it live, merely covering it on MWM the next day. It's going to happen in the middle of the night European time if the announcement is in Japan is it not? They certainly aren't going over there for it.

BUT they are flagging it up on their site. It would appear they've been given a heads up about the announcement and that it likely applies to them. So I'm certainly hoping it's at least something sportscars related. P1 the dream scenario.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3209535)   #38
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see the GTR move to GTE in all honesty, twin turbo V6 and all.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3209539)   #39
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm still betting on a Nissan One-Make Support series for WEC.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3209547)   #40
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm still betting on a Nissan One-Make Support series for WEC.
Too late to get that off the ground for a full 2013 season, though...

Formula Renault 3.5 reverting back to Nissan and becoming a Delta Wing series for 2014?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3209552)   #41
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
What about a P2 customer program ? Nissan chassis + engine. Would that be possible under the future P2 rules ? I guess so, like the HPD program.

Last edited by MyNameIsNigel; 23 Feb 2013 at 13:59.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3209567)   #42
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
MWM have tweeted this:

"Listen in on Tuesday morning 01:00 GMT we'll cover it live"

They must believe (or know) it is sporstcar related otherwise they would not cover it in this way....
Old 23 Feb 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3209574)   #43
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'd agree. They wouldn't cover it if it wasn't Sportscar related??
Old 23 Feb 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3209575)   #44
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
They do other things as well and Nissan are a frequent sponsor of theirs, so it's possible that it's not connected.

If it is sports car related, 56th garage 2014?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3209577)   #45
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
“@JMHAuto: Some exciting news coming this week with our Nissan GT-R GT3, watch this space for our 2013 plans”
Could it be an other conversion from GT3 to GTE perhaps?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3209583)   #46
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
None of this info is true. They aren't streaming it live, merely covering it on MWM the next day. It's going to happen in the middle of the night European time if the announcement is in Japan is it not? They certainly aren't going over there for it.

BUT they are flagging it up on their site. It would appear they've been given a heads up about the announcement and that it likely applies to them. So I'm certainly hoping it's at least something sportscars related. P1 the dream scenario.
See quoted tweet above, by Mal. I did make the assumption they were invited but they are clearly welcome to discussing it live and have been told it is relevant to them.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3209586)   #47
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Is it silly to imagine that NISMO could start developing and manufacturing their own LMP2 chassis rather than being "just" an LMP2 engine supplier ? This could be one step closer to a full constructor entry in P1.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3209589)   #48
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
It's probably pure coincidence (and meaning nothing) but @Nissan_Ontrack just retweeted my following tweet:
Quote:
@JAGLeMans @RichardSimpson1 @Nissan_OnTrack Could a P2 customer program be on the cards, like HPD ? One step before P1 ?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3209590)   #49
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
If you look at how high-profile this is (lots of media coverage, Ghosn holding the presentation) it could be something really big.

Still, I'm not getting my hopes up about P1...it would be epic though.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3209596)   #50
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
If you look at how high-profile this is (lots of media coverage, Ghosn holding the presentation) it could be something really big.

Still, I'm not getting my hopes up about P1...it would be epic though.
We (Ten-Tenths Forum) has always heard hints of a LMP1 program before the announcement (see Toyota and more or less Porsche), and there just haven't been anything indicating a Nissan LMP1.
I find a Renault much more likely.