Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Sep 2007, 04:11 (Ref:2007272)   #51
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
BMS Scuderia Italia plan on getting 2 RS Spyders.
If they do get two, I hope that they will get all professional drivers, and no "gentlemen" drivers as they call them.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 10:02 (Ref:2007388)   #52
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this LNT testing the water for a new car to run ? After all the Panoz has not proved anywhere near so effective this year and must be near the end of its development!!
Old 9 Sep 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2007807)   #53
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Is this LNT testing the water for a new car to run ? After all the Panoz has not proved anywhere near so effective this year and must be near the end of its development!!
What development is that? Panoz has put absolutely nothing into its own car. LNT has done some work, but that's not that team's strength, is it? PTG has tried but pretty much out of their own pocket with next-to-nothing from the manufacturer.

Panoz as a race car is pretty much done.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 12:49 (Ref:2008488)   #54
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Exactly as i understand it the only development done in the past year are to the engine!! The car is dead - maybe LNT will develop the Ginetta for 2009 onwards in GT2/GT3 ? Would be pretty sweet although i cannot see them building 300 cars in a year so maybe not!!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2008607)   #55
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
If they do get two, I hope that they will get all professional drivers, and no "gentlemen" drivers as they call them.
I don't see why BMS would get a different treatment and btw they have stated they do not have the Spyder...let alone 2. But the winter is long
Old 10 Sep 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2008657)   #56
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMS is going to stay out of prototypes for the next season and be ready in 2009...
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2008723)   #57
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

This is an interesting thread and for what its worth I like the idea of the four traditional circuits Monza, Spa, Silverstone and the Nurburgring and the six hour format. Having the Le Mans 24 Hours as a sort of "Jewel in the Crown" is a real bonus . I think the series does need at least another round or two on a suitable circuit that can hold 40+ cars: Brno?? I don't like the idea of running the race into the night as everyone rushes away home rather than watching the podium presentation. The four class format is good as well.

Don't go changing things just as the series is starting to take off. It needs stability.

Just my penny's worth.

Nick
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2008750)   #58
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
BMS is going to stay out of prototypes for the next season and be ready in 2009...
Is that what that says(?) sorry my Italian is nonexistent and google is a big tease most of the time! Also what of AF Corse and BMS coming to LMS depending on FIA GT rules?

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 19:11 (Ref:2008757)   #59
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Is that what that says(?) sorry my Italian is nonexistent and google is a big tease most of the time! Also what of AF Corse and BMS coming to LMS depending on FIA GT rules?

L.P.
i see you read my article on rw.it...

-AF might switch to LMS depending on what Ferrari says but it is a possibility...
-BMS might evaluate a LMS program depending on:
a)what happens with AMR in GT1 (they want to be a real "official" team next year)
b)hat are the plans of Ratel for the future

BMS won't have a Spyder in 2008, but in 2009 they'll certainly will look again at the possibility to run it, plus it's coming a second 997 RSR which will race for sure next year and might do some of the last races at the end of this year
Old 10 Sep 2007, 19:39 (Ref:2008781)   #60
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
i see you read my article on rw.it...

-AF might switch to LMS depending on what Ferrari says but it is a possibility...
-BMS might evaluate a LMS program depending on:
a)what happens with AMR in GT1 (they want to be a real "official" team next year)
b)hat are the plans of Ratel for the future

BMS won't have a Spyder in 2008, but in 2009 they'll certainly will look again at the possibility to run it, plus it's coming a second 997 RSR which will race for sure next year and might do some of the last races at the end of this year
Yes rw.it is a usual on my checklist for the day.

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 20:52 (Ref:2008830)   #61
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see AMR doing LMS, if anything, it would be ALMS. My reasoning for this conclusion is that if they do LMS, they potentially take away customers places in the series, as there is limited entries. I don't think they would want to do so. I don't really think they'll be in the ALMS either, but if anywhere, at least they wouldn't potentially displace customer entries.

Regarding these potential GT2 entries, we'll have to wait and see upon what criteria 08' entries are selected. We know that GT2 will be oversubscribed, and teams are being suggested to evaluate GT1 as a better probability for acceptance. Will new teams be given consideration over existing teams, even if they are potentially better squads? Will pseudo factory entries be selected?

Only thing for certain, is that people will be scratching their heads wondering what Ratel is thinking after viewing the selections.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 21:21 (Ref:2008855)   #62
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
I don't see AMR doing LMS, if anything, it would be ALMS. My reasoning for this conclusion is that if they do LMS, they potentially take away customers places in the series, as there is limited entries. I don't think they would want to do so. I don't really think they'll be in the ALMS either, but if anywhere, at least they wouldn't potentially displace customer entries.
Yeah but ..... the customer entries are not exactly lighting the track on fire . If its resullts their after , they might do it themselves .

It seems that nobody can consistantly run the DBR9 quickly . Jet Alliance has their day , whats Larbre or BMS done this year ?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2009336)   #63
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Jet Alliance run the car very well, BMS are hindered by the tyres although they do seem to be getting better!! Larbre have been pretty good at times too!!

I think the problem in GT1 in the LMS is that Oreca have developed the Saleen sufficiently that some of the allowancesgiven to them should be taken away again!!
Old 11 Sep 2007, 16:42 (Ref:2009451)   #64
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
I think the problem in GT1 in the LMS is that Oreca have developed the Saleen sufficiently that some of the allowancesgiven to them should be taken away again!!
Anyone care to fill me in on what allowences taht is?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2009475)   #65
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I tell you one thing , if AMR were running the car , they would have won the championship by now .
Old 11 Sep 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2009479)   #66
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I tell you one thing , if AMR were running the car , they would have won the championship by now .
With the current field, yes you are probably right. But if they actually did do the LMS the factory Corvettes would probably be there too, and I am not sure who would if win if both factory teams competed.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2009489)   #67
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
Anyone care to fill me in on what allowences taht is?
This for one, link, check the very last page (#26).

L.P.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 17:59 (Ref:2009544)   #68
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
With the current field, yes you are probably right. But if they actually did do the LMS the factory Corvettes would probably be there too, and I am not sure who would if win if both factory teams competed.
Who cares ..... be one hell of a battle all year long !!!

Anyone know if the DBR9 is a ***** to set up or not ?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 18:49 (Ref:2009585)   #69
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Who cares ..... be one hell of a battle all year long !!!

Anyone know if the DBR9 is a ***** to set up or not ?
Talking froom limited, but increasing, experience of the car, absolutely not. The car is very user friendly and easy to set up.
I think people are under estimating the speed of the Oreca Saleen. Even if both 'vette and Aston factory teams I don't think that they would have walked the series ahead of Oreca. You should also look at the speed of the Aston in the hands of Antonio Garcia compared to the rest of the GT1 field.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 19:21 (Ref:2009622)   #70
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
So I wonder who will be the new Judd "DB" V8 development team in P-2 next year?

L.P.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:04 (Ref:2009670)   #71
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The DB V8 will be lighter and more powerfull than the current XV V8. Hopefully reliablity will improve as well.

source: http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/3548/1/

So Judd will develop 2 new engines next year: AIM 90 degree V10 for LMP1 and DB V8 for LMP2. And perhaps the GV5.5 will get some minor updates.

Last edited by gwyllion; 11 Sep 2007 at 20:13.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:11 (Ref:2009675)   #72
The Badger
Veteran

Maybe Kruse ..... if they have a car !!!

Or possibily Horag .
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2009684)   #73
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
The DB V8 will be lighter and more powerfull than the current XV V8. Hopefully reliablity will improve as well.

source: http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/3548/1/

So Judd will develop 2 new engines next year: AIM 90 degree V10 for LMP1 and DB V8 for LMP2. And perhaps the GV5.5 will get some minor updates.
The DB V8 is not a AIM V10 minus 2 cylinders?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2009687)   #74
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I wouldn't underestimate Oreca. Didn't they run an R8 one year? Also, they ran the factory Chrysler team with the Vipers, so they know what they're doing, and how the make a car damn fast.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 22:06 (Ref:2009775)   #75
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

L.P.
I was wondering that myself, there are no obvious candidates amongst the current LMP2 teams running with Judd power. Only Embassy could be classed as 'front runners'. Unless the Embassy 'German' connection is something of a red herring, I reckon one of the AER teams will jump ship.