Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:01 (Ref:467634)   #1
TheGreatJuan
Racer

TheGreatJuan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the big brothers.

Can you list the topics that new users like me are not allowed to discus because you old members are tired of?

Could not just leave to the members if they want to discuss the topics of their interest?

Is this a forum or a temple? Can we argue about the topics of interest, with respect as I was doing it, or we just have to be passive observers of what the moderators consider as valid topics?

Don’t point me to that forum etiquette topic. It says nothing about topics being closed because a moderator considers people is tired to talk about, even if a topic gets response from members that might not be tired since they decide to participate.

Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:08 (Ref:467639)   #2
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Mr. Brawn's thread was a valid one...
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:18 (Ref:467652)   #3
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: To the big brothers.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatJuan
Is this a forum or a temple? Can we argue about the topics of interest,
Perhaps that is the problem. You look to argue where everyone else looks to discuss.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:33 (Ref:467667)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
GreatJuan. Everyone is happy to have you here, but ALL you ever talk about is Ferrari, team orders, and how much Michael does not deserve to win... You are new, and of course you have no way of knowing what has been discussed before. But what bugs me is that you insist on saying the same thing over and over again (regardless of what thread it is in). You've made a name for yourself, we all know what you think about these topics: WE GET IT!
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:41 (Ref:467678)   #5
TheGreatJuan
Racer

So don't respond to what I say. Or do you like a big brother telling you what is good for you?
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:53 (Ref:467695)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They don't tell US TheGreatJuan. Just take the thread closure in good spirit as a friendly warning that this is a discussion board and not an argument board. Also try and learn how to listen to others opinions.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:59 (Ref:467705)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGJ....if it wasnt for the MODS keeping this place in order....most of us wouldnt come here very much , as it would be full of BS like many other places seem to be ( or so ive heard )......

I dont see a problem myself ...keep it as it is i think .
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:04 (Ref:467707)   #8
TheGreatJuan
Racer

Can I bring up some topics when I see that some of the old members argue then? I guess they did not get the friendly warning or ignore it completely. Anyway, If you are happy with your big brothers deciding what is good for you then so be it.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:05 (Ref:467708)   #9
TheGreatJuan
Racer

From now on I will PM Bononi to get his blessing before I post something. Hope you all are happy
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:13 (Ref:467715)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So don't respond to what I say. Or do you like a big brother telling you what is good for you?
I normally don't, but when I see a thread "Brawn tells the truth" - I wanna know what he said. Then I open it, and find its the same old dribble.... But thanks for the suggestion, I guess from now on I will not open threads started by you..

Have a good, long life at 10 10ths.

Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:17 (Ref:467719)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, GreatJuan, but I think that's a childish attitude. You can discuss whatever you want, as long as it's related to Formula One. What we ask is that you (and everyone else) keep a polite and civil tone, that you don't post obvious flamebaits, and that the threads are not hijacked (yes, I will refer you to the "Etiquette" thread). You will find that we very rarely close a thread, and that we only do so when we think it's a pretty obvious case. That will happen if we deem the thread to be a flamebait, if a topic has been debated "to death", or if the discussion is just going around in circles. In any case, this happens very rarely, and as I said - when we do it, it is because we feel we have a pretty clear cut case.

Happy posting.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:21 (Ref:467722)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From now on I will PM Bononi to get his blessing before I post something. Hope you all are happy
Yep, im happy !.....
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:32 (Ref:467735)   #13
TheGreatJuan
Racer

I did not get Bononi's blessing for something I was going to post so you have to wait a little bit. Sorry guys
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:41 (Ref:467743)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Hehehe... now this is getting funny...
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:46 (Ref:467747)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dont forget TGJ.....put your hand up if you need to go to the toliet too !....after all , your a new member and all that ......its only old members that are allowed to just get up and pee without consent !.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 20:49 (Ref:467749)   #16
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGJ, this is one of the best message boards that I have been on. In fact after being here for a year I have practically stopped visiting most of the other sites that I used to. Most of the people here are very well informed and really entuisatic about F1.

I would not worry too much about what people say or take it personally. It is all in good fun. Even if people take issue with the things you say all they have to do is not reply.

There are codes of conduct here and the way I see it if you stay within the boundaries then its nobodys business but your own. Lets just lighten up here, we are not changing the world. In fact sometimes this is a good place to vent, especially if you are a Honda fan and you just watched the 5th motor blow up during the weekend!!
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:04 (Ref:467776)   #17
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
In fact sometimes this is a good place to vent, especially if you are a Honda fan and you just watched the 5th motor blow up during the weekend!!
Or a Minardi Fan like me...
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:06 (Ref:467782)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Or a Minardi Fan like me...
Yes, my brother, you feel my pain.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:19 (Ref:467809)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hey , ...im a Taku fan.....want to talk about pain !!!!!!!....he a testdriver !

Last edited by Sato san; 8 Jan 2003 at 21:20.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:25 (Ref:467822)   #20
TheGreatJuan
Racer

Topic hijackers. This is a serious topic. Or are you tired of this kind of topics too? Bononi close this one as well, I got tired of it .

Bon. Did you check the 10 new posts that I PMed you to get your blessing. Can I also sent them to the other big brothers?
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:29 (Ref:467833)   #21
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Quote:
Topic hijackers. This is a serious topic. Or are you tired of this kind of topics too? Bononi close this one as well, I got tired of it .

Bon. Did you check the 10 new posts that I PMed you to get your blessing. Can I also sent them to the other big brothers?

You absolutely can not be serious!
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:30 (Ref:467835)   #22
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Anyone taking bets on how long it takes before he gets banned?
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:31 (Ref:467838)   #23
TheGreatJuan
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
You absolutely can not be serious!
What is this? Another friendly warning? OMG I am in deep **** now? Even veterans has a say in what the newbies are allowed to say?

Who is the big boss here? I need to put a formal complaint in regards the new members are treated in this forum. That is if they care at all about new members
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:35 (Ref:467849)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt 1 out of 6,500 members will loose Craig a lot of sleep.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 21:37 (Ref:467854)   #25
TheGreatJuan
Racer

Craig Pollock?

Now I understand how Zonta fell
Closed Thread