Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jan 2004, 14:49 (Ref:846880)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British GT 2004 (Possible Entries)

Just thought Id draw up a rough list of entrants that we could expect to see during the course of the 2004 British GT championship, Im not going to even attempt driver line-ups though, but if anyone would like to then please do so.

This list is purley speculative and is not official in any way.

GT:

2 x Lister Storms, Lister Racing
2 x Saleen S7R's, Graham Nash Motorsport
1 x Lister Storm, Creation Autosportif

NGT:

2 x Ferrari 360 GTC Mondea's, Scuderia Ecosse motorsport
2 x TVR Tuscan T400R, Racesport Sailsbury
1 x Mosler MT900R, Rollcentre Racing
1 x Ferrari 360 GTC Modena, Veloqx Motorsport
2 x Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Eurotech Racing
1 x Chrysler Viper, Point preperation
2 x Mosler MT900R, Balfe Motorsport
2 x TVR Tuscan T400R, Eclipse Motorsport
2 x TVR Tuscan T400R, Peninulsa/with JCB
2 x Corvette C5, Xero Competition
2 x Corvette C6, Embassy Racing
1 x Glen Eagling Motorsport, Marcos Mantis
2 x Ultima, Master Motorsport/Ultima Sport
1 x Ferrari 360 Modena, Glenvarigill motorsport
1 x Porsche 911 GT3 RS, RML

GT Cup:

1 x Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Gulf Air motorsport
2 x Morgan Areo 8, Richard Thorne Motorsport
2 x Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Tech 9 Motorsport
2 x Glenavarigill Motorsport, Ferrari 360 Challenge
2 x Renault Clio V6, Atlanta Motorsport
2 x Lotus Elise, Lanzante Motorsport
2 x Lotus Elise, Charltons - Team Wireless motorsport
2 x Vauxall VX220, Colin Bowler Motorsport

Well thats the best I can come up with, can anyone think of any additions to this list? For my money it looks like a pretty strong grid as it is there, hopefully they will all be there for Round 1 at Donnington.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 14:58 (Ref:846890)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saleen, did British GT have any GT entries run last year, or just NGT and GT cup?

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Jan 2004 at 14:59.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:01 (Ref:846895)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year GT entries were allowed, but with signifcant penalties imposed, ie I think they had to spend more time in the pits than the NGT class cars to ensure the NGT class cars had a chance of overall wins, the reason for this was there was only one car in the GT class, the Viper which is now being run by point preperation, in the GTO class.

In 2002 however things were a bit differnt with the GT class being allowed entries without being penalised when we had the Factory TVR Speed 12, factory Lister Storm and 2 Graham Nash Motorsport Saleen's. (occasionally 3 Saleens from GNM).

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 22 Jan 2004 at 15:02.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:04 (Ref:846899)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How will the rules be structured this year? Will the GT entries be restricted? Is this how the FIA GT series structures their GT and NGT rules also? Sorry about the questions, I'm only a novice GT fan you know.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:05 (Ref:846900)   #5
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very good entry list but isn´t a bit optimist?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:08 (Ref:846904)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
How will the rules be structured this year? Will the GT entries be restricted? Is this how the FIA GT series structures their GT and NGT rules also? Sorry about the questions, I'm only a novice GT fan you know.
The regulations will be ran identically to those of the FIA GT championship. Apart from that of the cup class cars of course, which are allowed even less modifcation than the NGT class cars, they are very similar to the standard of cars ud see in the Ferrari 360 challenge and Porsche Supercup, as for the non Ferrari, Porsche entrants their performance is normally the same as them, or perhaps not quite as fast.

Im really not a rules boffin im afraid, I know the basics but theres people here who know more about the technical regulations of the British GT's than me, hope what Ive told u helps though.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:11 (Ref:846913)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Thanks Saleen. Good stuff. Sounds like British GT has gained some steam from last year then. I hope Speed covers Brit GT and FIA GT during the season. I'd hate to wait till the offseason to see the races.

One rule question though. Does FIA GT also penalize or restrict the GT class so the NGT's can compete for overall wins?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:22 (Ref:846919)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No the GT class cars are the main class, and the class that is meant to win, if u are reffering to Freisingers win in the Spa 24hrs they did that soley because they are one of the best Porsche teams in the world at the moment and have some of the best drivers on the grid, over a 3hr race not much really happens but over 24hrs the Porsche bullet proof reliabilty comes into play.

The GT class is basically the same as the ALMS GTS class. Not sure if there are any differnces now as both use Carbon brake discs and sequential gearboxes now so I think that any differnce that there was isnt anymore. Think of the GT class of FIA GT/British GT as the same as the GTS class of the ALMS and the NGT class the same as the ALMS GT class and u wont go far wrong.

One thing I would like to know though is, the ACO have increased the fuel tank capacity for GT/GTS NGT/GT class cars in the LMES and LM and ALMS to 100 litres, does this also apply to FIA GT and British GT? Or are they still using the 90 litre fuel tanks?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:25 (Ref:846925)   #9
SPEEDY77
Rookie

SPEEDY77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi SALEEN S7R

The GTO VIPER is owned by me and Rob Croydon. We have not yet sorted a team to run the car and this is well under way.

SPEEDY77
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:27 (Ref:846927)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Just read today on www.dailysportscar.com that Richard Thorne Motorsport could run 1 Morgan Areo 8 in NGT, and 2 in the Cup class of the British GT championship. This would be fantastic news for the series.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:28 (Ref:846929)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by SPEEDY77
Hi SALEEN S7R

The GTO VIPER is owned by me and Rob Croydon. We have not yet sorted a team to run the car and this is well under way.

SPEEDY77
Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks for the information.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:42 (Ref:846946)   #12
SPEEDY77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks for the information.
No problem the car is still at Point Prep having some upgrades fitted and should be out at Donington on a test day early March.

SPEEDY77

Last edited by SPEEDY77; 22 Jan 2004 at 15:43.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:45 (Ref:846953)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by SPEEDY77
No problem the car is still at Point Prep having some upgrades fitted and should be out at Donington on a test day early March.

SPEEDY77
Good luck for the 2004 season Speedy, think u have a realistic chance of winning the NGT class this year? That Viper sure was quick, should make life intresting for the Moslers eh! Once again good luck for the 2004 season.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 22 Jan 2004 at 15:45.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:46 (Ref:846961)   #14
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haven't Rollcentre also got a GT class Noble GTO too?

And is the Embassy Racing car really a C6, surely it is a C5?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:49 (Ref:846971)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage

And is the Embassy Racing car really a C6, surely it is a C5?
Just checked, and yes u are correct Guy the car is indeed a Corvette C5, dont know why I thought it was a C6. :confused:
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:50 (Ref:846972)   #16
SPEEDY77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Good luck for the 2004 season Speedy, think u have a realistic chance of winning the NGT class this year? That Viper sure was quick, should make life intresting for the Moslers eh! Once again good luck for the 2004 season.
The VIPER will be up there I just hope me and Rob drive it to its full potential

And Thanks for your support.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:16 (Ref:847024)   #17
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT:

2 x Lister Storms, Lister Racing
2 x Saleen S7R's, Graham Nash Motorsport
1 x Lister Storm, Creation Autosportif

NGT:

2 x Ferrari 360 GTC Mondea's, Scuderia Ecosse motorsport
2 x TVR Tuscan T400R, Racesport Sailsbury
1 x Mosler MT900R, Rollcentre Racing
1 x Ferrari 360 GTC Modena, Veloqx Motorsport
2 x Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Eurotech Racing
1 x Chrysler Viper, Point preperation
2 x Mosler MT900R, Balfe Motorsport
2 x TVR Tuscan T400R, Eclipse Motorsport
2 x TVR Tuscan T400R, Peninulsa/with JCB
2 x Corvette C5, Xero Competition
2 x Corvette C6, Embassy Racing
1 x Glen Eagling Motorsport, Marcos Mantis
2 x Ultima, Master Motorsport/Ultima Sport
1 x Ferrari 360 Modena, Glenvarigill motorsport
1 x Porsche 911 GT3 RS, RML

Things I see wrong with this are...

Where do you get the double entries from some of the teams? Balfe Motorsport only have one Mosler for a start, Rollcentre have two, but one is for sale (or was after Brands last season and last time I looked in Autosport!)

Where have Scuderia Ecosse and Eclipse suddenly got their second cars from? They only have one as far as I am aware.
As do Penninsula, but that could change.
As far as I know, both Xero and Embassy are only running one Corvette each in GTO, but Xero had a Cup class car last season which will probably return.
And have Master Motorsport suddenly bought another Ultima to race??? Where have you heard that from?

And RML are running a GT3RS???????? I think they might have their hands full with the SEAT BTCC effort and running two Saleens in the FIA GT championship this year, let alone running a Porsche in the UK. I could be wrong though, I guess.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:19 (Ref:847031)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Audi R8R, if u receieve Autosport magazine and have this weeks issue please turn to page 79, the article clearly states in the "Drives available" page that the Scuderia Ecosse team have 2 Ferrari 360 GTC's and are looking for drivers. As for the rest we will have to wait and see what happens, u seemed to have missed what I said though about the list not being offical in any way and purley speculative.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 22 Jan 2004 at 16:20.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:25 (Ref:847037)   #19
Audi R8R
Racer

Purely speculative is right. But I'd sooner see a list that is based around fact rather than a wish list. And no, I don't have a copy of this weeks Autosport.

A list that is fixed more in reality than guess work might help us put a better picture of who is racing what this season. Also, the new regulations of who is a professional, semi-pro and 'gentleman' driver has just been released and there are some VERY surprising names on the list for Class B and C.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:27 (Ref:847042)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
And do u happen to have such a list Audi R8R? If u have a offical entry list then please feel free to share it with us, if u havent we will have to make do with speculative entry lists for now Im afraid, just like we are with the LMES entry list thread.

And as I said, Scuderia Ecosse will be running 2 Ferrari 360 GTC Modenas in this years British GT championship as well as the LMES and hopefully LM.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 22 Jan 2004 at 16:28.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:35 (Ref:847054)   #21
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by E46
A very good entry list but isn´t a bit optimist?
Yes, I see it was.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:39 (Ref:847060)   #22
Audi R8R
Racer

Okay, I'll make up a list tha I know is solid now and then you can build on it.

GT
Lister (Factory) 1 (possibly 2) x Storm
Creation 1 x Storm
GNM 1 (Possibly) x Saleen S7R

GTO
Rollcentre Racing 1 x Mosler
Penninsula 1 x TVR Typhon/T400R/Tuscan R whatever...
Eurotech 2 x Porsche GT3RS
Scuderia Ecosse 2 x Ferrari GTC
Point Preparation 1 x Viper
Xero Motorsport 1(Maybe 2) x Corvette C5
Embassy Racing 1 x Corvette C5

GT Cup
1 x Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Gulf Air motorsport
1 x Morgan Areo 8, Richard Thorne Motorsport
2 x Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Tech 9 Motorsport
1 x Renault Clio V6, Atlanta Motorsport
1 x Lotus Elise, Lanzante Motorsport
1 x Lotus Elise, Charltons - Team Wireless motorsport
2 x Vauxall VX220, Colin Bowler Motorsport

That's what I 'think' is already confirmed. I haven't included Eclipse in the GTO category as I haven't heard what their plans are yet. I would think they'll be back for another shot at it again though. But as I said, not confirmed yet.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 16:44 (Ref:847071)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Thanks for the entry. And by the way in last weeks Autosport magazine on page 93 a article states that GNM wants to run a "pair" of Saleens in this years British GT championship, so I think we can assume that there will be 2 Saleen's from GNM.

Autosport reports in Jan 8th edition that the Eurotech team will not only field 2 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in the NGT class but it WILL also field 1 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup class car in the GT Cup class for Stuart Scott and Steve Wood.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 22 Jan 2004 at 16:51.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 17:10 (Ref:847126)   #24
adcol
Rookie

adcol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there still going to be a Holden Monaro in British GT this year? I thought Emotional Engineering were going to be running one but nobody seems to have mentioned it on their provisional entry lists.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 17:48 (Ref:847176)   #25
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will QM Engineering be running a Viper this year, I saw it somewhere but haven't heard any news on this recently.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice