Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1505243)   #1
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR Toyota Announcement and Other News

Supposedly Toyota will announce their move into Nextel Cup and the Busch series starting in 2007 on Monday. The announcement will be made at a NASCAR press conference at 12:15 est time in the U.S. The press conference will air live on Speed Channel also. I imagine their will probably be other announcements as well.

It also looks like NASCAR may switch to unleaded fuel starting with the 2008 season. They are not required to do this by law but apparently Sunoco has developed a new unleaded fuel which is comparable to the old fuel. The major concerns in the past have been due to the lubricating properties inside engines, but it looks like they may have a way around this. See the link for the main stories on these things:

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

J.D.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1507499)   #2
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
It's official, Toyota will be joining the NASCAR Cup and Busch series next season. They will run the Camry in both series. More info here:

http://www.jayski.com/teams/toyota.htm

J.D.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1507705)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's got to be good news for the series, Toyota don't do half hearted efforts either so they should be competitive.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 00:51 (Ref:1507756)   #4
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one thing here that people should realize. Toyota are not allowed to do much. They are now forced to the side lines like Dodge, GM, and Ford when it comes to making the cars, and even engines. The teams are the ones that will have to build the cars, and engines. So this means that they don't get a free raign like that do in Trucks.

Do I like it, heck ya, can't wait for Honda to follow suit. Heck I'd even like to see Nissan in Trucks soon, and maybe even a German car. More manufactures means that there will be more support across the world, atleast I hope.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 01:40 (Ref:1507766)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the teams don't have to build engines- in fact not one Craftsman truck team builds any chassis or engine- it is all done by TRD (engines) and a chassis builder under Big Toyota's thumb. And TRD is setting up shop in the Carolinas to facilitate this (most likely bill davis shop leasing engines to teams- loop hole)
it is horse pucky... Toyota (as told to many of us before the axe fell) is into competing it is very important to have a presence...now winning why wasn't that mentioned?
bring on Honda- they have racing intheir genes, and NIssan, And Mazda, and VAG, and BMW, and ...
Old 24 Jan 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1507771)   #6
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
It's nice to see we will be back at four manufacturers in the Cup and Busch series again. I don't know if many more manufacturers will join or not. Honda seems fairly likely fas a candidate for the future, but they seem to be working more in open wheel racing for the time being. Nissan also seems likely and has been rumoured to be joining the truck series in the past, they love to promote their trucks and have a huge racing heritage. I don't see Mazda joining as they are owned partially by Ford. Mitsubishi doesn't have the money. Maybe Hyundai is another posibility. I don't really see Volkswagen or BMW joining NASCAR despite its growing popularity as it will conflict with their "image" and Mercedes is involved through Dodge.

Anyway this is all speculation. The only other manufacturers rumoured in the past are Honda and Nissan. It will probably be a couple years before before anymore do appear however.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1508683)   #7
Who
Rookie

Who should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard rumors Nissan will be next . They have a truck and a v8 that fits the spec now .