Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3051263)   #76
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Nice buy! I'm still in doubt, I really want the 70-200 f2.8 IS I or the 100-400.
So i've bought the 70-200 f2.8 and a new camera bag. A F-Stop Guru, I really like the removable storage thing in this bag. You can take out your photo stuff and use it as a regular backpack.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3053777)   #77
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well everything i bring will be new for me
Old 6 Apr 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3054672)   #78
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I'll bring my new little JVC Everio HD digicam with me. I've so far tried it out at a local GT-race at Assen and I must say, I'm impressed by the sharpness of it's images and the realistic recording of the lighting environment.
This eeneeweenee batterypack on the back'll last for four hours as well...

Took some rather nice images with it(seeing through my shaky hand...). I have to say though, that the soundcapturing of these compact HD digicams is rather thin.
Nothing of the deep bass recording capabillities of the late twothousands era video8 and superVHS cams.
Another pro is the amount of space to record to. 128 GB's at best. That's Le Mans in full, including Wednesday and Thursday training... in high definition.
Today's technique is often just literally SciFi for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuEED...b9F_RjlFdFQ%3D
Old 7 Apr 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3054881)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been looking at one of those Everio's - but I think my elderly Panasonic Mini-DV is going to end up making the trip again. The big advantage is that it records great sound.......
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3054914)   #80
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well i just bought a Canon EOS 500D from an old friend .
So i'll bring that!. Is a 18-55 lens enough at Le Mans or do i need an extra?
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3054916)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'll need a longer zoom as well if you hope to take pictures of the cars on track.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3054954)   #82
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You'll need a longer zoom as well if you hope to take pictures of the cars on track.
I do .
What would you suggest? (or what would anybody suggest?)
Old 7 Apr 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3055004)   #83
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canon do a 55 - 250mm lens which i use on my EOS350D and its pretty good - got mine brand new off eBay. The 18-55mm lens will make everything seem very far away.

In terms of new stuff for me, after last year it will definitely be stomach pills!
Plus my Alfa Brera
Old 7 Apr 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3055047)   #84
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect the old Golf has done it's last LONG run. The intercooler blew itself to bits... It's beginning to show signs of fragility. Not bad for 12 years, and 240K miles. But I have 3 Spa trips, plus LM twice, at least, this year. Thinking Skoda TDi.
I am also hoping to score a Nikon D700 body, plus a lens or 2 by June... Nothing exotic, 80-200 f2.8 would be about right for now, unless an 80-400 drops in my lap!
Old 7 Apr 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3055059)   #85
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Oh, and part of the camping kit, since last year, are 4x THOSE glasses. Mazda 787 one was guarded closely, as all the 'kids' wanted it!
Old 7 Apr 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3055069)   #86
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Oh, and part of the camping kit, since last year, are 4x THOSE glasses. Mazda 787 one was guarded closely, as all the 'kids' wanted it!
I really wanted a 787B but alas it was not to be. Will have to drink more beer this year. Got an Audi and HPD somewhere.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3055192)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypowe View Post
Canon do a 55 - 250mm lens which i use on my EOS350D and its pretty good - got mine brand new off eBay. The 18-55mm lens will make everything seem very far away.

In terms of new stuff for me, after last year it will definitely be stomach pills!
Plus my Alfa Brera
I've bought the same lens Tony and it also has IS - I'm quite impressed with it. It also had about £100 off when I bought mine.... It's not top of the range by any means, but I can't afford to pay thousands for a lens......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
....plus a lens or 2 by June... Nothing exotic, 80-200 f2.8 would be about right for now...
For me, that would be exotic!
Old 8 Apr 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3055193)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
When we're talking about glasses, are we talking about the reusuable ACO ones?
Old 8 Apr 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3055202)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
never thought that they had different pictures on each, being tight/enviromentally responsible I bought one and reused it.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3055212)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
When we're talking about glasses, are we talking about the reusuable ACO ones?
No, I keeping mine. You have to make sure that you end up with a race one by the end not a generic one.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3055431)   #91
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Were there car branded (sun)glasses to be had last year? Who, where, when? I completely missed that!
Old 9 Apr 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3055892)   #92
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Plus my Alfa Brera
Excellent choice, we're also risking our chances of getting there by taking the journey in an Alfa.

Perhaps less of a risk taking the 159 than the '77 spider...
Old 9 Apr 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3056071)   #93
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Excellent choice, we're also risking our chances of getting there by taking the journey in an Alfa.

Perhaps less of a risk taking the 159 than the '77 spider...
but not as much fun, and to be honest the old cars are easier to fix
Old 10 Apr 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3056346)   #94
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
but not as much fun, and to be honest the old cars are easier to fix
Of course, but we'd struggle to fit a roofbox on the spider!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3056580)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Of course, but we'd struggle to fit a roofbox on the spider!
The first couple of years we took an old spitfire and we managed to fit everything in
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3056774)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Daughter in the boot?
Old 11 Apr 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3056886)   #97
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
The first couple of years we took an old spitfire and we managed to fit everything in
We used to as well, but then there's the small matter of fitting my 60 year old Uncle in the car as well.

Well actually, he's not a small matter...he's a rather large matter.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3057285)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Daughter in the boot?
those were the days when i left her at home, now days always seem to have enough stuff to fill an estate car
Old 11 Apr 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3057414)   #99
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ahh the throaty roar of the Merlin engine, certainly beats taking the ferry
Old 12 Apr 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3057918)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Ahh the throaty roar of the Merlin engine, certainly beats taking the ferry
not quite it was a 1200cc and almost as old as I was, still it never broke down and apart from having no synco for gear changing it was great fun