Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Dec 2011, 13:46 (Ref:3005150)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Your Le Mans Inventory - what have you taken but wont take again.

To compliment Ayse's thread we must all have taken stuff to LM but have never needed it so to help those packing for the future what have you taken to Le Mans but not needed. .....

.... I know an umbrella (hopefully)
Old 29 Dec 2011, 14:07 (Ref:3005153)   #2
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Inflatable swimming pool - not warm enough last year. Seems they´re also forbidden since a shortage of water couple of years ago.

Still thinking of bringing it again next year!
Old 29 Dec 2011, 19:02 (Ref:3005256)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice one Mal!

I took an umbrella once. But never since. Apart from my legendary faith in the weather Gods (which works more often than it doesn't - and will again in 2012, of course!), the only time I took it I didn't need it.

I've also given up on my tripid for the light streak shots at night. Due to the fencing these are getting virtually impossible for the amateur photographer without a media pass, so it's not worth lugging it around all night any more.

Wellies. A bit of a cheat as I've never taken them but I mention it as several of The Tourists used to take them and to my best recollection, never, ever wore them.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 20:32 (Ref:3005291)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I shan't take the Triffid next year, either. Though I may take a tripod!
My tip is take SMALL one man pop up tents, and an awning. Way better than one big tent. Much less faffing. Works great, you have a single area to 'commune' in, and your own space to sleep. Argos did the tents I use, £15 a throw!
Old 2 Jan 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3006297)   #5
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rolls of film - gone digital like most people
Walkie Talkies - They were fine before the action started for locating each other but useless once you had a set of headphones on listening to RLM.
Crockery been camping for over 20 years now and we all gave up with proper plates years ago , its saves on space & washing up and you can't break a paper plate.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3006328)   #6
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I shan't take the Triffid next year, either. Though I may take a tripod!
My tip is take SMALL one man pop up tents, and an awning. Way better than one big tent. Much less faffing. Works great, you have a single area to 'commune' in, and your own space to sleep. Argos did the tents I use, £15 a throw!
I have a small tent, but only took it to LM once. I didn't care much for my feet sticking out of the end of the tent. The one man mine was designed for must have only been five feet tall. - far too small!

As for paper plates - oh no! One has standards to maintain don't y'know?
Proper crockery and cutlery are a must, and although I don't take cut-glass crystal, I do take a proper wine glass and a proper beer glass.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3006331)   #7
Steptoe
Racer

England
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
As for paper plates - oh no! One has standards to maintain don't y'know?
Proper crockery and cutlery are a must, and although I don't take cut-glass crystal, I do take a proper wine glass and a proper beer glass.
Ah now thats a different story we all take a pewter tankard and have taken the same ones for years (complete with lots of battle scars)
After all you can't drink home brewed real ale out of anything else
Old 2 Jan 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3006333)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You lads and your beer.......
Old 3 Jan 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3006635)   #9
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Throw away/one use BBQ's. I tried cooking on one last year and it was terrible so I'm bringing a decent sized one this year.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3006665)   #10
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You lads and your beer.......

Lads?

That's the best compliment I've had in twenty years!
Old 3 Jan 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3006666)   #11
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Throw away/one use BBQ's. I tried cooking on one last year and it was terrible so I'm bringing a decent sized one this year.

Ah! Disposable barbecues. That brings back memories of 20 years ago, leaving rectangular burnt patches of ground in the grass at Arnage Car Park and supporting said barbecues on four upturned empty stubby bottles embedded in the ground. We discovered that you always need "fresh" barbecues. Old ones that you kept from the previous year never seemed to burn so well.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3006870)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
When we started camping we had primus stoves and then moved to the gas canisters with burners on top, now days we take the new style portable stoves in little cases with aerosol style gas canisters. We still purchase a cheap cast iron BBQ when we get down there and use that, together with a COB BBQ to slow cook joints.
The cast iron BBQ acts as a heater at night stacked with fir cones and old wood gives a real camp fire smell as we sit around until the wee hours drinking and talking
Old 3 Jan 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3006909)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
After all you can't drink home brewed real ale out of anything else
Ya wouldnt want to drink that dish water at all , end of !!!
Old 4 Jan 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3007144)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
When we started camping we had primus stoves and then moved to the gas canisters with burners on top, now days we take the new style portable stoves in little cases with aerosol style gas canisters. We still purchase a cheap cast iron BBQ when we get down there and use that, together with a COB BBQ to slow cook joints.
The cast iron BBQ acts as a heater at night stacked with fir cones and old wood gives a real camp fire smell as we sit around until the wee hours drinking and talking
Now you are talking - when we started we just had one man tents and throw away BBQ's since then we have been through and still have in some cases;

Marquee
Commercial gas BBQ
Mobile bar with draught Beer with flash cooler
Various Fridges
Ice Machine
Generator
Mains Water
Tables and chairs
Festoon lighting
Satellite TV
1000W PA system
Shower
Old 4 Jan 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3007259)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
1000W PA system?

Man, I'm glad I don't need to try and get a kip near you guys!
Old 4 Jan 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3007399)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can only aspire to these levels of decadence. One day...
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3007410)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
1000W PA system?

I suspect that's for the 'Flying Baguettes', when they've performed at the DFH parties on the Friday night.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3007417)   #18
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My women......
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3007431)   #19
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
1000W PA system?

Now you know why we're on a campsite ten miles away!
Old 5 Jan 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3007508)   #20
Steptoe
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ya wouldnt want to drink that dish water at all , end of !!!
Don't knock it until you've tried it ......... No preservatives, No Chemicals = No Hangover the next day.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3007697)   #21
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Yes James thats the one
Old 10 Jan 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3009759)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
My women......
Can only agree with that...
Old 10 Jan 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3009931)   #23
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you need to find a different woman....
keke
Le Mans devotee and female!
Old 24 Jan 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3016109)   #24
Steptoe
Racer

England
Well I guess no one will be taking any Peugeot flags this year then ..............
Old 24 Jan 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3016137)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Well I guess no one will be taking any Peugeot flags this year then ..............
Don't be so sure about that...