Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Aug 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1381816)   #1
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Goodbye '05 from HRT.

Stole this from another Forum(with permission) and I agree.

OK, I'll call it early. After todays shocker by Skaifey and Toddler, I'll say now that their Championship aspirations are finished. Anyone got a lazy hundred?
Old 14 Aug 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1381822)   #2
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad Boy Billy,

I tend to agree with you, and I must say I'm glad.......

That is just a little bit less pressure on Marcos and SBR.
one hellava life
Old 14 Aug 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1382314)   #3
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be some very serious technology short comings present at HRT if a simple "handbrake on, push in clutch and engage first gear, rev engine and let clutch out" cannot be accomplished correctly!!!!!

Just HM time this year can a car "fail" to launch correctly OR is it driver incompetence?

Mike
Old 15 Aug 2005, 05:19 (Ref:1382373)   #4
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if u go to www.hrt.com.au, you will see what happened at the start of race 1. it was a mix up. race 2, great start! now thats out of the way, i believe that hrt's championships is over (maybe except for t.k) but race wins are on the cards for sure, hopefully enduros!
Old 15 Aug 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1382436)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are likely too busy working out who is in the 2nd car next year to be worried much about this one
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1382508)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yes i guess the guy who hasnt had a podium for over a year despite starting in the top 4 in nearlly all of them, is suddenly going to turn it around and start winning. in the words of the great darryl kerrigan " tell em there dreamin"
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1382518)   #7
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
They are likely too busy working out who is in the 2nd car next year to be worried much about this one
Ok. Even though my mate Todd is not moving from HRT to SBR.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1382527)   #8
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without sounding like Skaife bashing.

Does anyone think he can put together another Championship year? Consistancy doesn't appear an asset that he has anymore.

Hey he will win races without a doubt but a Championship?

I always cheer the Fords but all year I've put Skaife in my top five in the tipping comp (even picked him to win more than once) but has he started a Bowe style slide to be a good driver, just not Championship material?
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1382529)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
Ok. Even though my mate Todd is not moving from HRT to SBR.
And what gives you that incredible confidence?

Is it January 1st, 2006 at 12.01am??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1382548)   #10
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, it looks like a move to the Pirtek Ford is one that Mr Todd Kelly will have trouble refusing.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1383237)   #11
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
actually, todd is on the verge of signing a 2 year deal with HRT if u havent already heard, so sbr can shove their seat up their a**! as for skaifey not winning another championship, i bet he can!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 04:19 (Ref:1383275)   #12
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys, thats a huge call.

Skaife is a proven race winner, and I'll concede that in HRT's current car he probably won't win a championship.

It's a fact that Skaife is totally unstoppable in a monster car, and HRT don't have that.... at the moment.

To totally write him off from the championship is immature and assinine. Just remember how many races he has won compared to most others in the last 7 years.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 05:10 (Ref:1383281)   #13
stmorri
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt_rulz01
actually, todd is on the verge of signing a 2 year deal with HRT if u havent already heard, so sbr can shove their seat up their a**! as for skaifey not winning another championship, i bet he can!
Todd has been on the verge of signing with HRT for months, so what is stopping him?......The answer might be a nice, shiny, championship winning, blue Pirtek BA Falcon.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 05:42 (Ref:1383288)   #14
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Marcos Skaife has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Guys, thats a huge call.

It's a fact that Skaife is totally unstoppable in a monster car, and HRT don't have that.... at the moment.

To totally write him off from the championship is immature and assinine. Just remember how many races he has won compared to most others in the last 7 years.
I don`t think there is anything wrong with this years HRT cars and I am not sure that sundays performance has really had anything to do with a driver on the way out. It is actually more like a moments inattention just when it was needed the most (Start race 1) and then being adjudged to have jumped the start (They have to be kidding- a drive through for that!!) and then because of his moments inattention in race 1 he is stuck down the back with "a lower class of citizen) and pushed off the track in race 2!!

You want to know what really has happened?? Karma man......Karma!!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1383345)   #15
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And what gives you that incredible confidence?

Is it January 1st, 2006 at 12.01am??
No GTR, I am no Dr. Who, but the reason why I know all of this is that Todd told me.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1383363)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
as for skaifey not winning another championship, i bet he can!

yeah that what they keep saying about john bowe and glen seton. it what they kept saying about peter brock and dick johnson.

age shall weary them
Old 16 Aug 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1383365)   #17
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos Skaife
I don`t think there is anything wrong with this years HRT cars and I am not sure that sundays performance has really had anything to do with a driver on the way out. It is actually more like a moments inattention just when it was needed the most (Start race 1) and then being adjudged to have jumped the start (They have to be kidding- a drive through for that!!) and then because of his moments inattention in race 1 he is stuck down the back with "a lower class of citizen) and pushed off the track in race 2!!

Karma....maybe!

I dunno if anyone agree's, but look at the VZ compared to the old VX's. The car looks more on the edge, alot sharper and alot more precise - not the easy to drive monsters they used to be.

When I say the car isn't as good, thats exactly what I mean - it's still probably the 2nd best vehicle out there, but it's not the greatest vehicle by a country mile anymore.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1383383)   #18
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos Skaife

Ambrose got knocked back with his drive thru too (although not as far) but was able to drive back from circa 13th to 4th in a much shorter period than Skaife who would have had easier picking down the back of the pack.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1383453)   #19
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Yes, it looks like a move to the Pirtek Ford is one that Mr Todd Kelly will have trouble refusing.
Right, belive what you want to belive, but, Mr.Kelly ir not going to SBR. Period.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1384030)   #20
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Karma....maybe!

I dunno if anyone agree's, but look at the VZ compared to the old VX's. The car looks more on the edge, alot sharper and alot more precise - not the easy to drive monsters they used to be.

When I say the car isn't as good, thats exactly what I mean - it's still probably the 2nd best vehicle out there, but it's not the greatest vehicle by a country mile anymore.
Senna05 - I agree with your assessment - the cars are decidedly "more edgy" - the in-car shots from Sunday showed the Holden's moving around a lot more than the Fords and in particular SBR.

SBR cars are just so neatly chassis tuned that they can put their power on the ground right from get-go - that is a massive contributing factor why both SBR cars can get a cold tyre advantage

mike
Old 16 Aug 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1384147)   #21
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
yeah you would expect that from ambrose's car which sbr has had for ages now. the hrt cars are new chassis & will take abit more time to tune better. bathurst will show which cars are better, and im looking forward to it considering that it is a holden dominated track!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 02:45 (Ref:1384233)   #22
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
yeah you would expect that from ambrose's car which sbr has had for ages now. the hrt cars are new chassis & will take abit more time to tune better. bathurst will show which cars are better, and im looking forward to it considering that it is a holden dominated track!
hrt_rulz01,
I respect your passion for defending HRT less-than- perfect performance however, you may have not considered some important factors.

HRT, SBR, FPR et al have immense databases re track performance for all the cars - temperature, spring rates, damper rates, roll bar settings, castor, camber and TI-TO. When a car comes to a track, you would have expected the mechanics/technicians would have set the car with the optimum settings from their last time on the track.

Now, for several seasons now, SBR in particular have been able to dial in proven (winning) technical data to those cars that has an obvious technical advantage over other cars including HRT . It is this "edge" that has enabled them to present a car(s) that are so well sorted "straight out of the trailer".

Now I am a red supporter and it pains me to put up with blue oval dominance but you have to admire a team that presents cars that provide effortless and predictable handling driving "straight off the trailer".

If you watch SBR they practice Friday and are usually up the front or very near to the front. They are quietly confirming their base-line set up.

Then they get serious, qualify well and then win the races.

Mike
Old 17 Aug 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1384420)   #23
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau
hrt_rulz01,

If you watch SBR they practice Friday and are usually up the front or very near to the front. They are quietly confirming their base-line set up.

Then they get serious, qualify well and then win the races.

Mike
Mike,

I agree with everything you have said there, but besides the "win races" part, HRT usually have similar weekends, it's just that Skaife (for the most part) is finding new ways to destroy any chance of winning. I think it's fair to say that the inherent problem lays at the driver's feet, whether he is feeling outside pressures or is past it is up for debate. All IMO of course.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1384458)   #24
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Mike,

I agree with everything you have said there, but besides the "win races" part, HRT usually have similar weekends, it's just that Skaife (for the most part) is finding new ways to destroy any chance of winning. I think it's fair to say that the inherent problem lays at the driver's feet, whether he is feeling outside pressures or is past it is up for debate. All IMO of course.
mayhem,
yes MS is certainly a contributing factor to the 2005 performance of HRT and therefore may be the missing factor in setting up the cars so that they are not "edgy" as they seem to be at the present.

If he is not "settled" for the workshop preparation of the cars, the qualifying sessions and of course the races, then his ability to "dial in" the car so that he and car become a complete package as the SBR cars are, then HRT are unable to perform to their full expectations - they are always playing catch-up and sure they will fluke a weekend but the game is on for 8 months!.

Mike
Old 17 Aug 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1384465)   #25
stmorri
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Mike,

Maybe it is as simple as the Holden teams and drivers are still finding their way with the "Project Blueprint" Commodores that have a completely different balance and feel to the old car and thus the drivers have less confidence in the limits of the car on the track.

I remember Russell Ingall saying how different the SBR Ford was to the CPR Commodores and it would take more time to get to feel at home in the car after racing the Commodore for 7 years.