Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 May 2004, 08:53 (Ref:988951)   #1
Y! da Man!
Rookie

Y! da Man! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hakkinen Petition.

Anyone who wants to see Mika back in F1, please sign this PETITION to him to return!

We can hope can't we?

And it would be appreciated if there was no Hakk-bashing just for the heck of it. This thread isnt meant to be any sort of adulation for the Finn.

Thanks.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:03 (Ref:988963)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like it!

I may be proved wrong, but I don't think there'll be any Mika bashing here. Surely no-one dislikes Mika? Great guy, brilliant driver, and yes we all miss him.

I won't sign the petition though. A really true and genuine Mika fan would not try to persuade him back to F1 against his will. (Though I guess they might sign up just as a message of support for their driver). I'm sure Mika will be flattered if he receives a petition signed by thousands of fans - he'll certainly be happy that so many F1 fans still think of him. But he retired on his own terms, he's enjoying a dream life with his family, I really doubt he'll want to leave that and come back...
Old 31 May 2004, 09:13 (Ref:988976)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes top driver. Mr White line (always used all the track). Funny guy who the press couldn't cope with. A wry smile said it all.

However part of what made him what he was also made him retire and not want to come back!

I hope Mika does what he wants. Which is have fun, race a few rallies, historic rallies and the odd Porsche race as well as spending time with his family and friends.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:14 (Ref:988978)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Mika's return to F1 could be contemplated only with a manager role, not surely as a driver.
I think that he could be the new face they need at Macs, for instance.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:50 (Ref:989014)   #5
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep, i fail to see the need of a petition. surely Mika has just to hint that he wants to drive again and team bosses will be tripping over each other to sign him on.

much as i admired Mika, i would want to respect his wishes.
Old 31 May 2004, 10:42 (Ref:989072)   #6
Y! da Man!
Rookie

I respect your decisions.

Maybe I'm wrong in trying to persuade the guy to come back, but I miss him to damn much. All I'm trying to do is remind him that he's not been forgotten by his fans and that F1 is a lesser sport without him. I'm not trying to manipulate his emotions one bit.

Hope a lot of you sign the petition.
Old 31 May 2004, 11:02 (Ref:989096)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like Hakkinen... probably Schumi's greatest adversary for sometime....
But i wont sign because i feel with Mika returning he wont be able to produce the results as when he did retire it seemed the hunger for success had gone...

I am a Mika fan but i think a return in f1 will probably not see him performing to his best...
Old 31 May 2004, 11:26 (Ref:989127)   #8
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hakkinen was not intersted in growing old in F1- he won two WDCs well and left before his shine had begun to tarnish- the best way IMO. He won't be back. What else is there for him anyway. Moved on to other things, family etc...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 31 May 2004, 11:29 (Ref:989131)   #9
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
mika's pass of ms at spa (2000 correct?) ranks in my book as one of the all time great balls out moves.......but i don't think the mrs. would be all too pleased to see him re-join the f1 fray...
Old 31 May 2004, 12:11 (Ref:989167)   #10
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a kind concept but I really don't think it will be fair to anybody to try and force Mika back against his will.
Old 31 May 2004, 12:15 (Ref:989172)   #11
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes Spa 2000, i think it was Zonta that had the best view of that move. did they have on board cameras on the cars then? i would just love to see that footage.

Y!, i miss the Hakk a lot. a good driver and a good sportsman.

but i would hate to see him come back and fail to deliver. i'm quite content to remember him as the champ that he was.

shadow
Old 31 May 2004, 12:32 (Ref:989187)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't agree that if he came back he would perform as he did for most of 2001.

If he came back he would surely be motivated to go for it...otherwise, why come back?

However, he won't come back and we know it....he's got a lovely, cosy life with two world titles under his belt already and he still does the odd rally here and there.

Still, if Lauda did it......
Old 31 May 2004, 13:48 (Ref:989262)   #13
Y! da Man!
Rookie

knowlesy, yes Lauda did it and so did Prost.

Now, I didnt start this petition out of the blue. There was a rumour a few days back that the Hakk was to have a one-off test in the Williams. This was later denied by him, but according to reports, he's in the best shape since retiring. Is there some truth to this story?

Also, this petition isnt legally binding is it. I mean, it cant force him to return if he doesnt want to. It's just to remind him how much he's missed.

Go Mika!
Old 31 May 2004, 15:31 (Ref:989332)   #14
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say that I miss him. Always a bit overrated (as is the Spa 2000-move) in my book, although he still is (was) a very good driver.
Old 31 May 2004, 15:40 (Ref:989339)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Can't say that I miss him. Always a bit overrated (as is the Spa 2000-move) in my book, although he still is (was) a very good driver.
I actually think he was under-rated.
Old 31 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:989342)   #16
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really?
Old 31 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:989345)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes.

Never really got the credit he deserved.
Old 31 May 2004, 15:53 (Ref:989351)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
While it would be fascinating to see Hakkinen back in F1 with Williams, I think the chances are slender. If he were to return, he'd surely want to go back to the comfort of McLaren, and they don't have a vacancy. Tough choice for the Ronster, were it to happen: Mika or Juan, Mika or Kimi?
Old 31 May 2004, 16:57 (Ref:989405)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Yes top driver. Mr White line (always used all the track). Funny guy who the press couldn't cope with. A wry smile said it all.

However part of what made him what he was also made him retire and not want to come back!

I hope Mika does what he wants. Which is have fun, race a few rallies, historic rallies and the odd Porsche race as well as spending time with his family and friends.
I second all of the above and similar posts since. From a purely selfish point of view, it would be great to see Mika in a Williams next year, but why should he bother? There's nothing left to prove and he must have achieved everything in life he wanted. So cheers Mika and long life and happiness to you!
Old 31 May 2004, 20:51 (Ref:989613)   #20
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep, he was VERY underrated!!
Old 31 May 2004, 21:54 (Ref:989670)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
If he came back who would he drive for? Maccas? Willies? BAR?
Imagine him at BAR if Button went to Williams... and Sato outqualified Mika? He doesn't need or deserve that. he's had his innings, survived a horrendous crash that should have killed him and earned two WDC's. There's nothing to come back (to driving) for.

Last edited by Teretonga; 31 May 2004 at 21:56.
Old 31 May 2004, 21:55 (Ref:989671)   #22
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know, I hated seeing him in the 2001 season as it was, nothing worse than seeing a grest driver on the wane......
Old 31 May 2004, 22:44 (Ref:989705)   #23
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bring back Stirling Moss I say! ;-)
Old 1 Jun 2004, 02:36 (Ref:989810)   #24
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Hakkinen and Villeneuve in the Williams. That would be the ultimate come-back dream team!!
Old 1 Jun 2004, 08:32 (Ref:989979)   #25
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
This thread is best read while humming the theme of the TV series "Twilight Zone".