Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Oct 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1444202)   #1
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Games Petition

1) They need something like a World Champion Mode - which is extremely, neck poppingly difficult to win in. It would be a fourth option, on top of what is currently in place.
2) More realistic damage. I.e we want to see paint flicks, and shards of metal. We want interactive crash barriers, which damage the cars in much the same way as they do in real life. We also want this to happen with contact between the cars.
3) Player controlled pitstops - the player can select whether he/she wished to drive the car in the pits.
4) AI intelligence - they have incidents among themselves, as well as the ability to follow the laptimes you are setting, so it's harder to drop off. You could set the lap-time drop off - to off, weak, medium, intense.
5) Safety cars and flags - The use of a safety car, and flags if needed. This should occur maybe 7 or 8 times a season.
6) More interactivity, i.e. the chance to create your own tracks, teams, drivers, liveries, helmets etc... i'd direct you to games like FIFA and Need for speed for what we want with that. FIFA for creating players, teams and Need for Speed for liveries helmets etc..
7) A manager mode, where you manage the team. Hire the drivers, look for sponsors etc...
8) A lower formulae in the career mode. I.e. you can be a test driver for an F1 team, but race in a made-up equivalent to the GP2 series. You can also do single races with this.
9) In career mode, make it so that only the second name of the driver appears in the results table. Rather than the first initial then second name.
10) If your team has the name of the driver on the car, Jordan, McLaren 05 -then the name of your driver should appear on the car too.
11)Formation Lap - Gives the driver the option to do the formation lap. I'd refer to IndyCar series game for that.
12)Retirement option - when you lose rear wing, wheels or flip over. There should be two tick boxes appear. One tick and one cross. The caption should read "Do you wish to retire" if no is clicked, the driver, if able should carry on. If the driver is not able, then the tick box should keep appearing every 30 seconds or so. If the player wishes to retire, then it should show the driver walking away from the car, looking irate or dejected. There should be a couple of scenrios for drivers walking away.
13) Improved AI that are able to read your manouvres, and attempt to block you. Also the speed differential should be more realistic between the makes of a car. i.e Ferrari's should be faster than a Red Bull car. In F1 2005, I was red bull, and caught up with the Ferrari easily - down the Parabolica.
14) Other cars must have crashes on thier own, and big ones too.
15) Crashes should be more realistic, as with elevation and stuff.
16) In the champion difficulty mode, the driver should still be able to select automatic gears, etc... Just that the AI is really difficult.
17) In career mode, drivers should swap teams, and fellow GP2 drivers should be brought into F1. The player should select who goes where, or he/she can select to do it randomly.

these are the proposals I have forwarded to SCEE

Please sign this petition in support;

http://new.petitiononline.com/f1games/petition.html

PAUL
Old 26 Oct 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1444226)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm pretty sure there are numerous titles out there already which do those things... remember they can only fit so much onto a CD or DVD - plus with those career items your suggesting, it's almost making it sound like your wishing for a management sim...
Old 26 Oct 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1444275)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Over ambitious. Unrealistic. Will never happen.

And petitions don't work, there are thousands of people out there signing "sack James Allen" forms every five minutes and we all know how effective that has been!
Old 26 Oct 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1444323)   #4
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good proposals, but they will never happen. I'm happy with the way that F1 games are. They're not very challenging, in fact they are ridiculously easy, but they are still decent to play.

If you want realism you're better off watching the real thing.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 00:23 (Ref:1444628)   #5
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice positive comments - just what I like to see. Haha, only kidding. No I know most of the stuff won't happen - i'm jus showing them what we would like. As for petitions, in my experience they do work - as long as you have realistic aims. Ok. so some of the points on the petition are not going to be realised, but some of them might. Why be pessimistic? Ok. you don't have to sign the petition, but you never get what you want unless you try.

PAUL
Old 27 Oct 2005, 04:55 (Ref:1444719)   #6
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PC based F1 sims can do some of this (and whatever happened the F1 Manager 3 which was to link into GrandPrix 4 so you *could* manage a team and race at the same time...) but expecting it on the PS2 (or PS3) is unfortunately unrealistic.

The only fault with F12005 (apart from not being able to save mid event in career mode and no pit talk in career mode) is that you can't control the AI levels as hard (as we all well know) is a little too easy at some tracks. A slider control like Toca/V8/DTM Driver 2 does (set from 80-110%) or better yet, the ability to customise each team (and make them all go faster if needed.) Just don't want them to do a slow 181mph on the straights and then stay at 150mph around corners...

Besides, it's great for just a fang everynow and then.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1444891)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A simple proposal, but often overlooked: I WANNA DRIVE WITH NUMBER 1 ON MY MINARDI/SAUBER/WHATEVER WHEN I'VE WON THE TITLE AND SUPPOSED TO BE THE REIGNING WORLD CHAMPION!! *breathe*
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1444946)   #8
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
haha that's an idea i forgot about ASCII Man!

About the proposals guys - it's more of a way to give them a few ideas as to the kind of things we want. I know the restrictions etc... but a few of those proposals could surely be managable. JABWOA your definately right about the slider thing - would be a good idea.

PAUL
Old 27 Oct 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1445009)   #9
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heck, I would be happy if they would even release a current F1 console game over here in the US...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1446134)   #10
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the things you're asking for like management modes just aren't in the scope of an F1 racing game. The Sony games aim to be accessible by all and to be pick up and play affairs, something they achieve well, it never sets out to be a full blown sim.

As for more realistic crashes, well, Sony is limited by technology. That's not their fault.

Basically, half the stuff you want like formation laps and improved AI can be found in PC games. Wait for an F1 mod to appear for rFactor and you'll have all the racing aspects on your wishlist. Sure, it's not an ideal solution but it's the only one you'll ever get as online petitions never work.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1446461)   #11
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Ok thanks for the advice. It's going to become my new subsiduary task to get us a full blown F1 racing sim on PS3.

PAUL
Old 29 Oct 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1446463)   #12
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Probably a more realistic aim.

PAUL
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1446798)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess to having little interest in a modern-day F1 sim. Ive tired a few and they do little for me. My needs/wants are as simple as they've always been - a realistic Le Mans 24 Hours sim, with an accurate represnetation of the circuit (preferably with a variety of versions to run on, e.g. including Mulsanne chicanes and not etc), real time facility plus the ability to save at any time, and full future enhancement poissibilities for cars etc. Not too much to ask, surely?
Old 29 Oct 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1446990)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I confess to having little interest in a modern-day F1 sim. Ive tired a few and they do little for me. My needs/wants are as simple as they've always been - a realistic Le Mans 24 Hours sim, with an accurate represnetation of the circuit (preferably with a variety of versions to run on, e.g. including Mulsanne chicanes and not etc), real time facility plus the ability to save at any time, and full future enhancement poissibilities for cars etc. Not too much to ask, surely?
in gt4 they laserd the circuit to 1mm acuracy and you can run with no chicanes , but it is day time all the time and you cant save during a race and there is only 6 cars in the race.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1447047)   #15
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
As long as it has the LMES, ALMS and full 48 car grids too
Old 31 Oct 2005, 03:33 (Ref:1448037)   #16
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign me up for a Leman24Hr (did two on the old PS2 version - three drivers, 24hrs, not much sleep, sore thumbs) became an annual event.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1448264)   #17
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You are asking for an ideal world. sorry, won't happen.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1448359)   #18
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-1
4) AI intelligence - they have incidents among themselves, as well as the ability to follow the laptimes you are setting.
13) Improved AI that are able to read your manouvres, and attempt to block you.
14) Other cars must have crashes on thier own, and big ones too.
To be honest, F1 Racing on my Dreamcast offers all of the above. As for the rest, there's some good ideas there but its perhaps unrealistic to expect it all, especially as, from my limited experience of them, it seems the Sony F1 games are sort of 'arcadey' in style anyway, rather than being full-on simulations.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1448412)   #19
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo28
To be honest, F1 Racing on my Dreamcast offers all of the above. As for the rest, there's some good ideas there but its perhaps unrealistic to expect it all, especially as, from my limited experience of them, it seems the Sony F1 games are sort of 'arcadey' in style anyway, rather than being full-on simulations.
I remeber that game actually it was gerat. infact, im gonna go and ask my contact in brummie to go to the market and pick up a dreamcast for me.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 06:14 (Ref:1449046)   #20
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great list martin! Unfortunately we're really never even going to get most of that

You know the formation lap is so useless.. yet I want it so much as well!