Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Jan 2001, 16:08 (Ref:59364)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has been made official. The Molson Indy at Vancouver will be moved in 2002 to Cirque de Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal. This is good for Montreal fans of the series but bad for British Columbia fans.
Old 19 Jan 2001, 17:27 (Ref:59368)   #2
wallbanger
Rookie

wallbanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm an "upstate" New Yorker who can hot-foot it to Montreal in about 2 hours. While I feel a little bad for the Vancouverites, I'm certainly ecstatic about the fact that Montreal will be the closest CART venue to my home. If THIS Molson Indy is half as good as the Toronto events have been - overall - then we're in for a major treat here in the US Northeast and Southeast Canada...nothing "dry" about it!

What's nice about Montreal, as a city, is that it's cosmo enough not to make 'murcans feel "ugly" (like they consciously try to do farther north in Trois Rivieres)and you can get anything you want up there at a great $ exchange rate. I occasionally go take in a baseball game at le Stade Olympique and always have a great time and feel quite at home in that part of Quebec.
Old 19 Jan 2001, 18:00 (Ref:59369)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KC, that's half correct. There will be a Molson Indy on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2002. What isn't known is whether the race in Vancouver Molson Indy will continue to be held.

Molson would like to run 3 races in Canada, but whether Cart does is another question. There is also the issue of the Vancouver street circuit, which is not popular among drivers, and draws complaints from the locals.
Old 19 Jan 2001, 21:03 (Ref:59419)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I stand corrected, Jay is right. The Vancouver race may be back once more.