Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Jan 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4031731)   #226
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Spa tickets available this week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Also my Spa entry is in.
Don't count on anything going ahead with spectators allowed before september.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4031734)   #227
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed, the 6hrs is October.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4033848)   #228
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesn't sound like the French have their s**t together when it comes to the vaccine currently. EU delays making life difficult. Would be interested to hear from our French friends on the forum on how it's going. Against all the odds it seems to be going okay this side of the Channel.

Again more evidence to support pushing the race back.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4033866)   #229
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think the uk did more vaccinations yesterday than France has so far, but it is snowing here today so that usually stops everything in this part of the world.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 17:36 (Ref:4033872)   #230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you have snow Simon? The Forest is very cold, but no snow yet....
Old 7 Feb 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4033877)   #231
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we were due several inches of snow last night but only had rain and plenty of it, this morning we had very heavy snow but it took a while to settle and then only on grass at first and very slushy, got colder as day went on and now well below zero, and lightly snowing but blowing about. Nothing much to do so watching the snow closely.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4033888)   #232
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Doesn't sound like the French have their s**t together when it comes to the vaccine currently. EU delays making life difficult. Would be interested to hear from our French friends on the forum on how it's going. Against all the odds it seems to be going okay this side of the Channel.

Again more evidence to support pushing the race back.
Here it is doing slowly. We take care and we only have to wait for our time to be vaccined. Motorbikes are behind closed doors and I've been refunded. Absolutely no news about June. I fear it will be delayed to september because it is not sure enough french people will be vaccinated.
We have only to follow the situation's evolution
Old 7 Feb 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4033890)   #233
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 24 hr bike race on Bugatti circuit so no problem to do it without spectators
Pretty crap circuit but they had a F1 race there when it was first built.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4033893)   #234
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are very Interesting races here without formula 1

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 8 Feb 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4034069)   #235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Le Mans 24 hr bike race on Bugatti circuit so no problem to do it without spectators
Pretty crap circuit but they had a F1 race there when it was first built.
Yeah, 1967. Eric's problem is that he lives there and he loves the bikes too..... You need to seek out those gaps in the fence again Eric.....
Old 9 Feb 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4034294)   #236
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well not heard anything from the ACO recently but i have just had an email from 1st Tickets, which states that they have heard from the ACO and due to current situation tickets sales are hoped to start in April. So that is better than no news, fingers crossed they are for June but will except later if it means we get to spend some time in Le Mans.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4034296)   #237
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I am a French resident and, due to my age, have priority for vaccination second only to residents and staff of care homes. Since the vaccination programme went on line a few weeks ago it has proved impossible to get an appointment anywhere in the Department where I live. The website has been asking me to try again “in a few days” every day since its inception.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4034297)   #238
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well not heard anything from the ACO recently but i have just had an email from 1st Tickets, which states that they have heard from the ACO and due to current situation tickets sales are hoped to start in April. So that is better than no news, fingers crossed they are for June but will except later if it means we get to spend some time in Le Mans.
So, two months before the event and they won't know the size of crowd etc. Sounds very optimistic to me. If everyone who normally goes, applies for tickets. the admin will be overloaded.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4034299)   #239
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I am a French resident and, due to my age, have priority for vaccination second only to residents and staff of care homes. Since the vaccination programme went on line a few weeks ago it has proved impossible to get an appointment anywhere in the Department where I live. The website has been asking me to try again “in a few days” every day since its inception.
That is horrible!
However I know of danes who are of the same category as you, who are also still waiting to get the vaccine.

In general fairness, comparing UK and EU in regards to vaccine progress should be done with care. The conditions in which vaccines are bought are not comparable, which has granted the UK a headstart to the program. The cost of the headstart is that there is a lesser chance of holding the medical companies responsible for any damages caused by the vaccine. In the EU the medical companies can be held 100% liable to all damages caused by the vaccine. (Worst is Israel, which reportedly sold all citizens health information and signed off liability from the medical companies to get the vaccines first in the quantity they wish)
Old 9 Feb 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4034304)   #240
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I believe the EU caved on the liability issue. The delay was all about price, which was somewhat daft since these things are being sold at cost.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4034307)   #241
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I had an email from them nearly three weeks ago:

"This year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans is scheduled on 12–13 June.
With the current uncertainty, ticket sales will open later than usual, in early April. We will update you on the situation in the meantime. Behind the scenes, everyone at the Automobile Club de l’Ouest is working hard to ensure we can host an event that meets our usual high standards and current health regulations."

I practice I think they've set themselves a deadline in early April to decide whether they can go ahead with the race in June, or not.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4034312)   #242
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes i think that is right, so by Early April we may be able to start planning but to be honest even by then it will be hard for them to be certain, however by then hopefully i will have had a jab of some form or other.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4034313)   #243
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
That is horrible!
However I know of danes who are of the same category as you, who are also still waiting to get the vaccine.

In general fairness, comparing UK and EU in regards to vaccine progress should be done with care. The conditions in which vaccines are bought are not comparable, which has granted the UK a headstart to the program. The cost of the headstart is that there is a lesser chance of holding the medical companies responsible for any damages caused by the vaccine. In the EU the medical companies can be held 100% liable to all damages caused by the vaccine. (Worst is Israel, which reportedly sold all citizens health information and signed off liability from the medical companies to get the vaccines first in the quantity they wish)
All credit to the UK for the headstart it has taken in vaccination.
I should perhaps have mentioned that in France, and I think elsewhere in the EU, a second jab is mandatory - you are given the date of the second appointment when you book the first. I'm not sure that that happens in the UK.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4034314)   #244
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Yes i think that is right, so by Early April we may be able to start planning but to be honest even by then it will be hard for them to be certain, however by then hopefully i will have had a jab of some form or other.
Quit right Simon, but they will not sell any tickets or confirm a June date unless they are certain.
There's too much at stake financially
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4034315)   #245
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
by then hopefully i will have had a jab of some form or other.
Fingers crossed!!
Old 9 Feb 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4034316)   #246
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the foreseeable future
Old 9 Feb 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4034324)   #247
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the foreseeable future
In France?
Old 9 Feb 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4034327)   #248
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
......, however by then hopefully i will have had a jab of some form or other.
Already had my first one. My second head is growing quite nicely now.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4034356)   #249
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
All credit to the UK for the headstart it has taken in vaccination.
I should perhaps have mentioned that in France, and I think elsewhere in the EU, a second jab is mandatory - you are given the date of the second appointment when you book the first. I'm not sure that that happens in the UK.
Over here, the headstart in the UK is explained (in part, at least) as UK keeping vaccines for themselves.
Things don't advance over here if less than half ofthe number of vacciens that were ordered/promised is delivered.

If you need a second one or not depends on which vaccine you get. There are several around, and some are good in one go while some others need a second go.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4034406)   #250
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Had my first jab yesterday (no side effects - yet) and have an appointment for vaccination no.2 in April.

It seems to me that currently, the greater threat to attending the race this summer is whether the UK government rescinds the legislation announced yesterday, which would require us all to spend time in quarantine upon our return.